Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    I never did. I couldn't quite comprehend the reasons behind that argument then, and do not do so now. Personally I believe in giving something a shot before dismissing it totally. I mean sure, you can call a panda character childish, but does it really mean it's true? The whole Kung Fu Panda thing I found a bit ridiculous.

Having played some (real life permits very little - that's why I've only leveled my main thus far and she's nowhere near done with reputations), I still don't get the argument. Sure, there are jokes, puns and "fun stuff", but that doesn't make it any more childish than any other expansion. All expansions have those moments. I like the fact that it's not all so serious from the beginning, and provided that Blizz can forward the story well in patches to come, I guess the story will take a darker turn soon enough as it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    People pretty much just used that excuse because they had no other reason to hate it.
    No other reason? How about Blizzard's aweful business strategy since Cataclysm?
    But still, Pandas are still retarded if you ask me. But they're hardly the only reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to give my honest opinion about this, Mists of Pandaria is probably the least childish expansion we have had. Sure, it's a bit of a turnaround from evil cults, undead, or demons, but it gives a perspective and deep meaning to actual life. It features the Sha, who are basically, embodiment of our negative emotion, which we actually feel in our lives. Blizzard does a good job of connecting to the player with this because it utilizes emotions that people feel almost every day (if not, very often). If you actually follow the lore and pay attention to what Blizzard is saying, we're only a few months into the expansion. We haven't even hit the first content patch. There's not much room to judge the expansion.

I did most of the 2 5.1 questlines, and I must say, wow. Blizzard did an excellent job with creating the war scene with SPOILER: Vol'Jin's attempted assassination, Anduin's confrontation of Garrosh, and Varian's progression from warrior to king.. This content patch is anything but childish and is quite brutal and fun. It encourages World PvP quite a bit at some times, and while keeping a PvE aspect, it introduces a little bit of PvP to it. Sort of like world bosses now (which I like to call PvEvP), I always find half of the raid dying because of Horde/Alliance attacking us mid fight and getting us dead so that they can go ahead and get the kill.

Plus, if you think about it, WoW was never REALLY childish, while in some aspects it was "Oh haha, nice one Blizzard.", and some areas are more childish and less serious than others (Valley of the Four Winds/Stormstout Brewery), you are killing. No matter what zone you are in, you are killing something. Whether it's a simple critter, a ravenous yak, a corrupted mantid, or a fearsome mogu, you are killing something and you always will be. When the moment comes when Blizzard decides that ruthlessly killing stuff because people want you, for simple things I might add, to is too brutal, then I will consider WoW childish. Until then, I think WoW is anything but childish.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    It has some solid story telling in it, I found the questing experience far less childish than I found the Cataclysm 1-60 revamp, that seemed to take a lovingly crafted (albeit outdated) series of zones with some subtle humour, and turn it into a series of terrible, in-your-face obnoxious pop-culture references.
    Pretty much this. I'm quite an altoholic but it took me over a year before I went back and tried the revamped zones. About the only ones I can remember enjoying were some of Stonetalon Mountains (only because I got to watch Garrosh kill a guy) and the Red Ridge/Searing Gorge blackrock orc invasion for alliance.
    I would also like to add my disgust on how fast the zones go. You can't even get past half of the zone w/o the quests being green, even without BoA gear.

I am really interested to see how the world pvp zones are incorporated.

The Heart of Fear antechamber has just about the least kid-friendly decor that I've ever seen. In any game. It makes Naxxramas look like Candyland. I felt my stomach turn the first time I saw it.