new mouse over heal macros?

I think sometime during early cata they changed some of the behaviors with macros and my mouse over macros stopped working. Any one have any solutions? I dont like using healbot type add ons

Code:
    /cast [target=mouseover] Spell

#showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help,exists][] Spellname

Quote Originally Posted by Skulldancer View Post
    i'll try both. one how them has to work! lol
    His is much better than mine.

Quote Originally Posted by gilfer View Post
    #showtooltip
    man BIG thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by gilfer View Post
    #showtooltip
    what's the function of the second square brackets in this?

my mouseover macros generally look like this:

#showtooltip spellName
    /stopcasting
    /cast [@mouseover, help, exists] spellName; [@target, help, exists] spellName; spellName;

i have autocast on self on in the WoW options, so the third instance of spellName causes it to cast on myself if i have an enemy targeted (or no target).
    i include the /stopcasting for spells that may cause problems (such as swiftmend, if try to cast it on a target which just had rejuv dispelled).

I've been using this macro for quite some time now and it still works like a charm:

#showtooltip Renewing Mist
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 0
    /use
    /use 13
    /use 14
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 1
    /use [@mouseover, help, nodead][help, nodead][@player] Renewing Mist

/console commands toggle off/on the error sound for when your trinkets aren't ready. The first /use is just a placeholder for engineering gloves (I'm not an engineer any more, but I'm lazy and it doesn't hurt to have it there), 13 and 14 are trinkets.
    The /use modifier in the last line have the spell cast on your mouseover target when it's friendly and alive, on your target when it's friendly, alive and you don't have a mouseover or on yourself when nothing of the above is true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moved this over to UI and Macros.

~Fhi

Deleted
    Code:
    #showtooltip Heal
    /cast [target=mouseover, help, nodead][target=target, help, nodead][target=player] Heal
    Code:
    #showtooltip Power Word: Shield
    /cast [target=mouseover, help, nodead][target=target, help, nodead][target=player] Power Word: Shield
    /use 1
    The /use 1 part on the second one is for spells like Power Word: Shield or Leap of Faith that have the blue cursor bug that you need to press esc to be able to recast.

Quote Originally Posted by laki View Post
    what's the function of the second square brackets in this?

my mouseover macros generally look like this:

#showtooltip spellName
    /stopcasting
    /cast [@mouseover, help, exists] spellName; [@target, help, exists] spellName; spellName;

i have autocast on self on in the WoW options, so the third instance of spellName causes it to cast on myself if i have an enemy targeted (or no target).
    i include the /stopcasting for spells that may cause problems (such as swiftmend, if try to cast it on a target which just had rejuv dispelled).
    The empty bracket means "cast spell with no modifiers or conditions", or basically cast the spell as if it wasn't macro'd. It will cast on your target if you have one or on yourself if you have no target with auto self cast enabled.

As for your macro, I would remove "stopcasting" from your macro and rather make another keybind for that. I believe having it in your macro is a relic from the past when spells wouldn't queue up with latency as they do now. The only time I'd use stopcasting in a macro is on interrupts. You also don't need to list your spell 3 times, you can have several brackets with conditions next to each other and the macro will pick the first set of conditons that returns true. This would change your macro to
    /cast [@mouseover, help, exists][@target, help, exists] spellName; spellName;
    but as explained above, a set of empty brackets takes the functionality of target->self so you can further change it to
    /cast [@mouseover, help, exists][] spellName
    and at last, "help" as a built-in "exists" check and you can further shorten your macro to
    /cast [@mouseover,help][] spellName

Glad I saw this thread.

Does /cast [@mouseover,help][] spellName work for dispels?

I believe I have a similar macro in place and it doesn't seem to work on mouse over. I have to select a target which for obvious reasons is annoying.
    Raid Leading - it's the next best thing to playing every class and spec, you just can't push the buttons or move the mouse. That's why they die.

Deleted
    Should definitely work. Note that it won't work with mouse button bindings, though! You need Clique or similar for that.