Poll: Should reputations become BoA?

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

Should reputations become BoA?

Curious what you think I myself am mixed, I see the pros and cons

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a moderator for these types of threads would be great.

Something to make gaining rep easier should be BoA (Like the "Revered for one, twice as fast for all!"-item that's coming), but to make reps completely account-wide? Nah, doesn't make sense in the lore and takes part of the progression away...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Something to make gaining rep easier should be BoA (Like the "Revered for one, twice as fast for all!"-item that's coming), but to make reps completely account-wide? Nah, doesn't make sense in the lore and takes part of the progression away...
    This basically sums up my thoughts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Depends alot which ones we are talking about. Would personally love a tabard thats boa which could be bought once you were exalted with one character on one or all reputations.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Deleted
    The point of Blizz for dailies was to get ppl out into the world again.

Making reputation BoA, would make people (like before) hang out cities again, waiting for the next heroic tot pop up, meanwhile complaining in Trade about having nothing to do.

I think Blizz prefers that people complain about having too much to do.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They already give teh chance to get rep for double grind on alts.

I think no. Because nowadays WoW is already quite "BoA", you basically only need to raise a char up to have basically everything in game. That's definitely not good for the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the bonus rep for alts thing they are adding in 5.1 is more than enough personally.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Like I said a couple months back when Blizzard announced their removal of rep. tabards would be something like this;
    Introduce a BoA Reputation Tabard for reputation X available at exalted when one of your characters have reached that reputation. It's not hard to do for Blizzard, in the sense that they have done it previously, but it would also make it so that your alts do not need to do 6 weeks worth of dailies each time you level one. You would still experience a long long grind to reach exalted, but it would ease the blow of hitting level 90 or higher with an alt.

I really do not know what Blizzard is trying to do, but as far as I can see it, there's more people leaving the game due to this than for a lot of other reasons. I'm not even remotely interested in doing dailies at the moment, as the time I have spare is rather limited. Time I would rather spend with friends online or trying to do a dungeon or three. But, meh. They'll never listen anyway, and I will most likely be flamed in this thread, seeing that's how "we roll" nowadays.
    Last edited by Pancha; 2012-11-18 at 04:03 PM.

Deleted
    I like very much dailies and reputations in general. On my main.
    Never on earth I'm going to grind both on my alts, so I support this idea as much as I support dailies for mains.

Deleted
    I think so. "having" to raise reputations in ALL the chars you decide to get to 90 is a pain in the rear plain and simple.

Deleted
    Obviously, no. Because otherwise every new character would be more boring. Just think of making the secondary professions accountwide, it would end in boredom...

Deleted
    the only way this would work is if the rep quests were also BOA, as it would end up being stupidly fast to up rep if you had 9 level 90's all doing the quests each day, where making it so the quest can only be done once a day across all your chars would then leave the progression at normal rate.

but the 50% extra rep at revered (in 5.1) is a good step in the right directtion but it will still be a pain in the arse but these reps should be pretty pointless in the next tier unless they add more reps with the new rewards on.

It should imo

I don't get the whole change with pets and mounts and titles, which was to avoid punishing people who want to change main, but loose alot of work done for titles, mounts etc.

And then BAM "Here's 5 reps to grind lol hf!", I've got 4 level 90's, I'm currently only playing to one who got the rep's done, since I'm not going to bother doing it on 3 other characters, I could do daily's all day, such joy to play alts, not.

even with the double up on revered, I'm going to be doing it 1½ time again all in all, I've got 3 other level 85's, which I'm just not taking to 90, the 5 levels arent that bad, but redoing the daily's ><

Deleted
    If they insist on tying vp items to rep then a resounding YES

Otherwise i don't really care

Deleted
    Interesting how the poll differs from the opinions posted thus far

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    Depends alot which ones we are talking about. Would personally love a tabard thats boa which could be bought once you were exalted with one character on one or all reputations.
    If the tabards for each reputation that you got at exalted were BoA and increased rep gain through normal means that gave rep, or gave rep for the tabard you were wearing regardless of what kind of repuation the quest you were on gave, or worked like old tabards (you get rep in dungeons), I would be on board that train.

I think the new items will be more than enough, personally.

I mean, looking at gear, you only have to get to revered at most, and with 100% gains, it will take maybe a week. which is not that bad, all things considered.

They are just a way to keep the expansion active, to keep people having something to do.

Course, there are a lot of people complaining about how they are "forced" do do 50 dailies a day, yet complain that this expansion has nothing to do a month after they finish.

YES YES, so YES.

They need to include the lesser coins with 5mans or something too.

Quote Originally Posted by Magister View Post
    The point of Blizz for dailies was to get ppl out into the world again.

Making reputation BoA, would make people (like before) hang out cities again, waiting for the next heroic tot pop up, meanwhile complaining in Trade about having nothing to do.

I think Blizz prefers that people complain about having too much to do.
    they'll just do that again anyway when ppl have their desired stage of rep in each faction my main has pandaran ambasador so i doubt ill be leaving shrine very much with him

---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 10:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DannathGR View Post
    YES YES, so YES.

They need to include the lesser coins with 5mans or something too.
    id love that then id never need to do agailiy again this xpac