Poll: Should reputations become BoA?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    My opinion for the longest time has been that reputations should be account-based.

Reputation rewards are often lower level then what you get out of dungeons. Even with the addition of Valor gear to the pool, they still are mostly side-grades at best and down-grades at worst compared to what you get in LFR. This means physically going for reputation rewards far in the expansion life-cycle ends up being way less attractive. The only reason we did it in WOTLK and Cata was because we were running dungeons anyways, so why not wear the tabard?

By making the reputations account-based, you give the alt player more incentive to do those dailies for the long haul. He could even use some of the exalted gear, like the Klaxxi weapons, as a boost getting them into the newer content faster.

Blizzard says the reason they don't want to do it, is because they still want the character to have definition, but I say bollocks to that. You made pets, mounts, and titles all account-based, and those were more "character defining" then reputations.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes, i would love reps to be account bound but i think that's a bit difficult to implement considering all the reps are tied in with story and each character is at a different point in the story

it really puts people off playing multiple character when everything is character bound...at least mounts,pets,achievements went a great way to making wow more alt friendly...however the no tabard rep went a few steps back ...no sane person would want to grind golden lotus, shadopan and celestials more than once
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2012-11-19 at 05:08 PM.

i would say that previous expansion reps should be account wide so vanilla > cata inclusive are account wide, but pandaria reps are not.

then once the next expansion comes out, pandaria reps go account wide and the new expansions reps are not.

i like the idea of making current content rep grinds easier on alts (as is coming with 5.1), but they shouldn't be a given once you've done it on one toon. the mounts are already account wide, so things like the netherwing dailies only need to be done once now, whereas i did that one 3 times so i could have the drakes on different toons.

the only slight exception is cloud serpents, as you need exalted to ride the mounts, even though they are account wide. so they are similar to netherwing, but i can imagine once the next expansion is out, cloud serpent training will be available from all flight/mount trainers.
    <insert witty signature here>

Most of the factions being added now have a useless tabard at exalted. Why not simply make it so the grind to exalted on the first character is a bit longer than currently, then at exalted have a tabard available that works just like the cata rep tabards (but boa) for a few thousand gold, adds a little "gold sink" and allows people to get rep up on alts without having to grind for eternity. A long grind on a main toon is good enough to allow the player to work for it and experience any story tied to the reputation, no need to relive it 10 times.
    Last edited by Fuhrerbelial; 2012-11-19 at 05:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Profession Recipes and Paterns gained by factions should be BoA. The reputations themselves not.

1: 5.1 item we get is more than enough to off-set.
    2: Daily rep grinds were designed to be done over 2-3 months, not burned through in 1-1.5 months. (Player choice to do them all at once)
    3: From an immersion stand-point, how does the efforts of a Paladin justify this Warlock the faction just met being so renowned with them?
    4: Blizzard already said, prior to MoP's launch, they do not want reputations to be account-wide. The vast majority of things that ARE account-wide, do not offer character power. Character power is earned at the character level. Vanity/notoriety things (achievements, pets, mounts) are account-level.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Magister View Post
    The point of Blizz for dailies was to get ppl out into the world again.

Making reputation BoA, would make people (like before) hang out cities again, waiting for the next heroic tot pop up, meanwhile complaining in Trade about having nothing to do.

I think Blizz prefers that people complain about having too much to do.
    Meanwhile, they made dungeon weeklies dailies because they said that making thme weeklies made them feel like too much work and lead to burnout.

They speak out of their mouth and their ass at the same time all the time. Sometimes giving people too much to do gets them out of the cities, which is good! Other times, giving people too much to do leads to burnout, which is bad! Which argument they use depends on which position they're trying to defend... since it's all arbitrary anyway, why not go with the option(s) that makes things less shitty for players?
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

I don't think the rep should be account wide, however i do think that the things you can buy at exalted should be BoA. Like the exalted weapons with the Klaxxi. By the time you are exalted you are more than likely going to have a better weapon than that. So BoA, buy, mail to alt, there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodeanen View Post
    I don't think the rep should be account wide, however i do think that the things you can buy at exalted should be BoA. Like the exalted weapons with the Klaxxi. By the time you are exalted you are more than likely going to have a better weapon than that. So BoA, buy, mail to alt, there you go.
    I like this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    BC didn't have tabards you could throw on and grind factions to exalted. Then again many of the factions you could just jump into a dungeon and grind all the way to exalted. So it was basically the same thing, but without a tabard needed.
    you could still farm dungeons for them tho

Yeh, I think they should,yes there will be cons of it, but hey it's always going to be cons and i think the pros are going to be bigger than the cons.

I think character level should be account wide as well... as you level up with a character, your lower levelled alts level up with you in the background, yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    yes, i would love reps to be account bound but i think that's a bit difficult to implement considering all the reps are tied in with story and each character is at a different point in the story

it really puts people off playing multiple character when everything is character bound...at least mounts,pets,achievements went a great way to making wow more alt friendly...however the no tabard rep went a few steps back ...no sane person would want to grind golden lotus, shadopan and celestials more than once
    then i must be insane i got GL, kalaxi and shado pan to atleast revered 4 times, my 5 alt is 86 but i hate GL dailies

Deleted
    Yes definitely.
    MoP daily quests are such a grief fest, lag fest, grind fest, the less I have to do them the better.
    A better option would to remove them completely IMO, or at least be able to buy epic gear with valor without requiring rep.

The only profs I would like to see BoA would be secondary, First Aid, Cooking, Fishing, and Arch. Then when you logged in, any special items your main received from these profs would be in your mailbox. This way you dont miss out on the chance to get them again by not leveling them up. The primary profs should remain untouched, but it would be nice to allow a 3rd proff. Then my druid could be Mine, Skin, and Herb. A pure gatherer

10+ Year Old Account
    yes, so much yes, since the valor gear is tied to rep... otherwise i dont car but with 5.1 it will be a lot less painfull.. 5.1 come sooner D:

Quote Originally Posted by Paxluminis View Post
    Obviously, no. Because otherwise every new character would be more boring. Just think of making the secondary professions accountwide, it would end in boredom...
    Boredom? So leveling up fishing, archaeology, first aid, and cooking all over again is your idea of fun?

Cooking is supposedly quite easy now, and IMO the only one I'd have any desire for on an alt would be cooking/first aid. But you'd have to pay me to level fishing on an alt.

Nat's Fishing Journal is a nice idea for fixing this, but it is way too inaccessible. You could probably max fishing on several alts before you can reach exalted with nat pagle - well you definitely can since Nat Pagle rep has a maximum per day - but I'm talking more on an actual time spent basis.

On-topic: Yes, absolutely. I know that at minimum I won't be doing dailies on my alts until the double-rep is in. But building rep all over again on another toon is not something I enjoy.
    Last edited by Spiralphoenix; 2012-11-19 at 08:46 PM.

yes!!!! do it already. i want my alts to have handouts.

If getting rep was less punishing somehow, I might not care as much. As it is, the character I raid on is the ONLY character I'm getting rep on, and only those reps I really need. I'm skipping August Celestials because I don't need any gear they have for me. I'm skipping whatever the hell teaches you to fly on the oversized long dragon mounts because I already have a ton of mounts and prefer the flying disk. (Frizbee mount was so good that I went and got it the first night I learned of it.)

So no, I don't expect rep to become account-wide. I just expect to ignore most of it. If it were account wide then I'd go ahead and bite the bullet and grind it all out once. Who knows, maybe I'll do that someday - on a human, on a PVE server.

Deleted
    YES! If there's one thing because of which I didn't want to change mains it was that I had 50 exalted reputations on my main including some hard ones to get like Silverwing Sentinels and didn't want to do that again.