Poll: Should reputations become BoA?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    From a greedy player perspective... yeah i hope they do. Far as a rational thinking player... no i dont think it would be a good thing to do. Sort of torn really. For the most part all the reps i would have wanted BoA(aside from pandaria) were just to get mounts, so little point in that now. Also the way reps work with some places would make life a major pain in the ass. For example i have bloodsail admiral on just one of my toons and never grinded back that rep. So that one toon can not go to booty bay without serious issues... if they made rep BoA so that it was the same no matter the toon i used... then what? does that one toon go back to rev/exalted with booty bay? do the rest of my toons get booted from booty bay?

This is just one of the issues with this idea. Now a form of giving rep, or rep gains to alts that might be ok. With MoP i care little about the reps, have no need for the gear and simply some day want to get the mounts to add to my collection. I think they need more then the 5.1 change to make MoP reps less hated as it stands right now. Not sure what, but its just not enough. I have tillers working on my main, however i would LOVE to be able to farm up the motes on my not yet 90 alt for BS recipes... oh look i have to do that rep all over again if i want to do that... no thanks. Over all seems this expansion has shunned alts all together aside from the account wide mounts/pets n stuff. With the new rep VP system, and crafting materials that can be wasted on your main you play a lot, and needed on an alt you only have for a profession and dont want to actually play.
    ^^Everything said above is purely the opinion of the person who posted it. Nothing said is to be taken as fact unless otherwise stated, and even then only taken into consideration as fact, and not an actual fact, as it could be wrong or in other ways misinformed.

This reputation system was designed for those who whined about not having anything to do in game. Now ppl who want to spend a lot of time on game have things to do while others can just raid and gear up there

Deleted
    Rather the items than the rep, tbh. (some items, not even all)

yes,hate doing dailys on alts or just make valor items and recipes not require rep thats the only thing that pisses me on this system got valor cap on alt for moore then 2weeks just becouse i hate damn daily q on alts(exalted with all panda faction on main)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marooned View Post
    This reputation system was designed for those who whined about not having anything to do in game. Now ppl who want to spend a lot of time on game have things to do while others can just raid and gear up there
    True BUT MoP added a bunch of new features to entertain players at 90s such as farming, pet battles, scenarios, treasure hunting that dailies are now pretty much a unnecessary time sink.

Deleted
    In an RPG nothing should be bound to an account, and everything should be bound to the characters that achieved those things. It's a pretty elementary part of the genre.

Yes please! this is a game not a fucking work where I'd need to work 8 hours a day just to be exalted with my alts... one time grinding should be enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moinaldo View Post
    Yes please! this is a game not a fucking work where I'd need to work 8 hours a day just to be exalted with my alts... one time grinding should be enough.
    You don't need to have exalted reputations on alts, you shouldn't even need to have an alt in a properly designed game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Martoshi View Post
    In an RPG nothing should be bound to an account, and everything should be bound to the characters that achieved those things. It's a pretty elementary part of the genre.
    Not necessarily - dailies aren't really character progression but more player progression

15+ Year Old Account
    I think rep will eventually become account wide. Its another thing that holds people back from playing alts just as achievements once were. I don't know that we'll see it happen within the next expansion, but I do think it will happen one day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Something to make gaining rep easier should be BoA (Like the "Revered for one, twice as fast for all!"-item that's coming), but to make reps completely account-wide? Nah, doesn't make sense in the lore and takes part of the progression away...
    We have that already since WotLK.
    You can get commendations, those usually become BOA down the road and you simply send em to your toon.. Or, the specialty items become BOA.
    I know shoulder and head enchants are gone from the reputation table, but they have always been exclusive in the beginning and became BOA down the road.

Reputation should be toon bound.
    It's the characters achievement. He/She developed through it's lifespan.
    It's now already changed that different Reps from different toons add up together for meta achievements.
    I don't really think that there's more needed than what the game already has on mechanics.
    Keep in mind the usual handling throughout the last expansions, as I mentioned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Not necessarily - dailies aren't really character progression but more player progression
    RPGs should be about character progression, not about player progression. That's the whole "role playing" part.

Deleted
    You don't need to have exalted reputations on alts, you shouldn't even need to have an alt in a properly designed game.
    People play alts because they like creating and trying out new characters and experience the game at it's fullest

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 02:47 PM ----------

RPGs should be about character progression, not about player progression. That's the whole "role playing" part.
    It doesn't have to be exclusive it can be both and should be both

Deleted
    I'd rather not see them BoA, save what little character progression remains. But once you get enough rep on one character, all gear should be unlocked for every character even if it doesn't have enough rep.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avezo View Post
    I'd rather not see them BoA, save what little character progression remains. But once you get enough rep on one character, all gear should be unlocked for every character even if it doesn't have enough rep.
    I would be happy with that too

10+ Year Old Account
    Enlighten me?
    Dailies became player progression just recently now only in regards of the mounts/pets you get. But this wasn't true before MoP with pets/mounts being acct wide.

Every advantage you gain otherwise from dailies are still unchanged and character bound... Your character gets valor pts for better gear.
    Your character gets charms for additional loot rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    Depends alot which ones we are talking about. Would personally love a tabard thats boa which could be bought once you were exalted with one character on one or all reputations.
    This and with what they are coming out with in 5.1 make it so you can keep doing the same dailies or dungeon crawl if you so wish. i would rather have a reason to log in and get better at playing my alts main and off specs, then do the same dailies ive been doing for months.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Enlighten me?
    Dailies became player progression just recently now only in regards of the mounts/pets you get. But this wasn't true before MoP with pets/mounts being acct wide.

Every advantage you gain otherwise from dailies are still unchanged and character bound... Your character gets valor pts for better gear.
    Your character gets charms for additional loot rolls.
    You get VP from dailies NOT rep. If every character became exaulted they would still need to do dailies to get VP so character progression would still exist

Deleted
    It doesn't have to be exclusive it can be both and should be both
    Are you going to justify your view at all, or just state it? The whole point of a genre is to play the role of a specific character, everything is done through that character. I find it creepy that people can't separate themselves from their characters, thinking that the "achievements" apply to them rather than to their characters.

Why not? (filler)