Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    Yes ganking a level 60 in a load screen at the dark portal area makes you a great PVP'ER doesn't it.
    I don't.

I help lowbies, regardless of faction.

Made a few Alliance friends too, as you can add them as BattleTag friends by targetting and right-clicking these days.

My general rule is, if you can grant me honour AND you attack first (or are attacking others of my faction nearby), then you are a honourable target (and not to say you won't kick my arse!).

If you're paying a monthly fee for an MMO to not have people in it, I have to really question some things. It's not like WoW has this groundbreaking gameplay aspects that make it stand above and beyond other types of gameplay. PVP wise, you can get better CTF, Domination, and so on from many, many, many, many other games, old and new. PVE wise, there's probably over 500 Action/Adventure games which are a megaton better. The fact that already almost all content of WoW is instanced is pretty sad as is. I LOVE CRZ. It makes the world seem less dead. I even would like it to be applied to Pandaria. I play on a full server, and it always seemed like the world was dead outside of capitals. Right now, it seems sort of barren outside of the new capital in Pandaria, as well.

There are no real benefits to it(expect world PvP I guess, but I'm on a PvE realm). Lots of bugs and it puts too many people into the zones.

Oh, and having a bunch of level 90s in a zone doesn't do anything for the low level people there, so why even bother having level 90s get sent to other realms? Just seems pointless.

I haven't had any issues with it. I'd imagine there are vastly more people who have no issues at all with it.

The people who like to stir the pot however seem to enjoy this expansions latest "I hate this RAWR NERDRAGE!!!" thing to complain about. So I think I'll add this to my ignore this topic list.

Quote Originally Posted by cexspa View Post
    i am on a pvp server and i love crz. even on my alts that are based on dead pvp servers the game has become much more alive and active. feels like an mmo again.. crazy innit !
    In other words he is a ganker that loves to gank, not that there is anything wrong with that - it is just obvious who loves CRZ and why. Sounds like another vocal minority that Blizz decided they should listen too.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Doesn't it resolve the 'world is dead' problem ?
    Some people like thier low pop servers. High pop ones arnt for everyone.

I do think they should go back and explode the nodes in BC/Cata/Northrend, like they did when the old world was redone, and again with Panda. You can have 3 nodes on a screen, fly 20 seconds east/west, and get 3 more nodes. Makes gathering painless.

Other than that, it's more a PvP issue, which, one would think PvPers would like the idea of having more targets around.

Deleted
    Because it increases the number of 5-year olds you have to deal with while levelling an alt, without offering any apparent advantages?

I could sort of accept the whole "You have a PvP option available"-excuse, if it wasn't for the fact that most of the level 90's I've seen, will just hover far above the ground and wait for you to relog back to your alt. You're not levelling in any case, so they've accomplished their goal.

Overcrowded quest area's and less nodes/herbs to farm. It doesn't have any benefits to me, outside of ''the world feels more alive''.

They should've made CRZ an OPTION to use. If you want to meet other people and want to play in an alive world, use CRZ. If you prefer to quest alone or farm nodes/herbs, then don't use it.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    There are almost no benefits to it in terms of questing, etc.

CRZ only serves to make it feel like that dead realm that you are on is more populated. Short of making it a pain in the ass to quest, it doesn't have much in terms of benefits.

The most complaints come from people who enjoyed running around solo while leveling alts or farming old mats. Of course, this complaint about the quest areas being overpopulated could be resolved by, you know, grouping with those running the same quests and actually getting them done a bit faster...

That being said, CRZ was made to populate dead areas because people complained the old world was dead. Now those who enjoyed being alone in that world are complaining. You can't please everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    The most complaints come from people who enjoyed running around solo while leveling alts or farming old mats. Of course, this complaint about the quest areas being overpopulated could be resolved by, you know, grouping with those running the same quests and actually getting them done a bit faster...

That being said, CRZ was made to populate dead areas because people complained the old world was dead. Now those who enjoyed being alone in that world are complaining. You can't please everyone.
    I don't think I was ever alone out in the world. I'm on a full population realm so there was almost always a few people out in the world. We went from a few people to way too many people. It's nearly impossible to get not Pandaria rare spawns or rare spawn battle pets because there are constantly a bunch of people camping them. There are more people camping those spawns than there are people camping Pandaria rare spawns. They went way overboard with how many realms they link together and this feature was not tested at all so it's buggy as hell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    They could as well just have permitted bots and Chinese goldfarmer.
    That would have "solved the world is dead problem" too and probably still have less drawbacks.

World feeling empty ?

Then I propose Blizzard to buy a boting software and run around ,server side, some bots .
    Bam !!! World is full now . Are you now entertained ?

At least those won't gank you , won't compete for quest mobs , won't compete for rare spawn .
    And will help you for the inexistent group quests as much as other radom guys you meet throu CRZ.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why is there so much hate? Cause CRZ SUCKS! Do you spend any time outside of pandaria? I have been trying to level mining on two alts and the lack of nodes and competition for them is ridiculous. Yet pandaria is jam packed full of mining nodes and herbs (green tea leaves anyone?). Blizz devs are saying that the low amount of nodes and competition for them are part of the intended design, yet pandaria is nothing like this! Why the duality?

I recently transferred a toon I wasn't playing over to shadowmoon a pvp server to level him with a coworker. Now i have leveled toons on pvp servers before but now that CRZ is here it is just stupid. I went from 75-80 by dungeon leveling then thought hey I'll head to vash'jir and try some questing. As soon as i left the partially submerged boat was instantly 2 shot by a lvl 90 warrior. He and his 90 buddy sat there corpse camping me. I bubble hearthed back to SW where i will level to 85 by dungeoning.

CRZ is just a way for blizz to lower maintenance cost period. Bringing up pop levels in lower zones has never made leveling any funner, just more frustrating and serves to slow down the leveling process. I advise many of you to stop drinking the kool aid and stand behind the cause of ending this crap idea called CRZ.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

It did a good job tanking low and low-med pop servers already terrible economies. A low population server already has less farmers(even bot farmers) and with CRZ they will get less of the less they were already getting which is terrible.

Deleted
    the world is still dead except for the few hotspots scattered around where 90's camp lowbies.
    The most noticeable change is leveling up a gathering profession is now even more annoying and time consuming.

As long as CRZ never makes it to the pandaria zones I am fine with it.

I am playing on an extremely full server. CRZ is not only not needed, it would have insanely annoying detrimental effects.
    Last edited by mmoc10839b38d9; 2012-11-18 at 07:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    Because for a low population server what you get is all the disadvantages of a high populated server , losing all the advantages you had .
    Or the specific reasons you chose certain realms in the first place.

Used to enjoy going out to Goldshire on Shandris watching levelers duel, and killing the local Hordies that would arrive. We used to have a level 1 only guild and those twinks would duel those upto level 10 or so, and it was fun entertainment to see.

Now? Mok realm replaced even Shandris players and the bad mouthing increased to levels it's no longer fun to hang out there.

Players wanted the LFG/LFR instance OPTIONS, not be required to play it 24/7.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Doesn't it resolve the 'world is dead' problem ?
    There was never a "world is dead" problem. The "world is dead" was held up as a symptom of servers being dead, but it wasn't in and of itself a particularly negative thing.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I honestly don't understand the huge amounts of QQ. People complained "servers were empty, there wasn't enough content" yada yada, they feed the players what they wanted and BAM back to square 1 with the player-base. I LOVE CRZ and find nothing wrong with it, I leveled two toons from 1-90 majorly questing and had no issues with what people describe as "Camping, node stealing". Do people realize the more players there are, the faster mobs and herbs/nodes respawn? And if you really hate the ganking aspect, GET OFF THE FREAKIN PVP SERVER! Oh and guess what, you can still play with your friends through battle.net!

Here's a novel idea, put your money where your mouth is and unsub if it tickles you that much, you could always come back! Hurrah for prosperity!

Deleted
    Only problem is when it takes double the time of what it should take to quest through hyjal because theres so many hordes just camping people there, make some kind of cap on where to divide players so that you dont get ganked and spawncamped all the time because its just so frustrating