Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharn View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massively_multiplayer

A massively multiplayer online game (also called MMO and MMOG) is a multiplayer video game which is capable of supporting hundreds or thousands of players simultaneously.

MMOGs can enable players to cooperate and compete with each other on a large scale, and sometimes to interact meaningfully with people around the world. They include a variety of gameplay types, representing many video game genres.

How this for support. Again stop trying.
    this keeps getting better and better. you can have a persistent world even in a stupid game with 5 people tops. but that wouldnt be a mmo.
    the things you have underlined simply state that you can have player interaction or not, which is obvious, even if i still have to see a mmorpg without any kind of player interaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 2nd post summed up most of my complaints. We get all the disadvantages and none of the advantages of being on high pop realms.

my only reasoning for hating it is because it seems to be used more to gank the living shit out of lowbies more than anything else. And not only ganking but just straight camping to the point where it is actually impossible to level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Doesn't it resolve the 'world is dead' problem ?
    Indeed, before CRZ probably the same people whined how the world is dead and everything is phased and the game doesn't even feel like MMO because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gniral View Post
    this keeps getting better and better. you can have a persistent world even in a stupid game with 5 people tops. but that wouldnt be a mmo.
    the things you have underlined simply state that you can have player interaction or not, which is obvious, even if i still have to see a mmorpg without any kind of player interaction.
    Wall meet door, anyway you look at it, I'd get more meaningful debate from either of them. You asked for the supporting definitions, I gave them to you. Be well in whatever you end up doing.

How this for support. Again stop trying.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massively_multiplayer

A massively multiplayer online game (also called MMO and MMOG) is a multiplayer video game which is capable of supporting hundreds or thousands of players simultaneously.

MMOGs can enable players to cooperate and compete with each other on a large scale, and sometimes to interact meaningfully with people around the world. They include a variety of gameplay types, representing many video game genres.

Difference from capable of supporting and has to.
    Next time quote the whole passage pls to support your defense
    Last edited by Tharn; 2012-11-19 at 06:08 PM.

My only issues with it so far are technical -- since I don't generally go back to pre-MoP zones, I don't have to deal with CRZ people.

1. Brief hiccup when flying from one zone to another. Very annoying.
    2. Dismounting anyone flying on a mount with me.

They really should have fixed these two before implementing this... for me at least, they're extremely annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    Back in Molten Core in Vanilla, about 20 people up and the rest still being ressed. Cidet, our rogue, goes in stealth and moves up to Ragnaros. About 5 seconds later, Ragnaros aggroes and starts killing all of us again. Everyone is pissed and I whisper Cidet "wtf happened?!". All he replies me is...

"Target has no pockets"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeryana View Post
    My only issues with it so far are technical -- since I don't generally go back to pre-MoP zones, I don't have to deal with CRZ people.

1. Brief hiccup when flying from one zone to another. Very annoying.
    2. Dismounting anyone flying on a mount with me.

They really should have fixed these two before implementing this... for me at least, they're extremely annoying.
    Basically what they did was throw that CRZ without testing it enough. Or without care.
    Or with TEAM B on control.

Hard to understand how such game design flaws and bugs passed the most basic quality check .

I belive they decreased the money spent to keep servers , decreasing the number of servers. And in the end they prefered to make more money instead careing about their customers.