Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What expensive hobby would you like to have, if you had the cash?

Well title says it all.

We all have stuff we like that most of us cannot afford for the moment or maybe never?

For myself i would like to collect Military stuff like tanks if i could afford it, seems cool and entertaining to have.
    i guess people passing by would turn their heads if they saw a Panzer IV on my yard^^
    I'm a stranger, I'm a changer.
    And I'm danger... maybe...

http://youtu.be/dNEtnyAm6S4

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    model trains. I grew up loving them, my grandfather had a bunch of O-scale stuff, we'd lay the tracks in various formations and move the houses around... damn expensive hobby though, not gonna happen on my crappy factory job wages...
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

Women, lots of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbadxampl View Post
    model trains. I grew up loving them, my grandfather had a bunch of O-scale stuff, we'd lay the tracks in various formations and move the houses around... damn expensive hobby though, not gonna happen on my crappy factory job wages...
    My dad has some old trains like 50 years or something, when we ''the kids'' was little every x- mas dad removed a full size plywood plate from our kitchen table (small kids with sharp stuff and penns protection) so we could have a nice family dinner with friends and related, and usually he placed the plywood in another room on a table there and we got to build up those rails and play with the trains for a week or so untill it was time to restore order in the kitchen^^

Those were the days my sisters and i had loads of fun with those trains and we played kinda rough with them, did not understand that stuff was expensive :-)
    I'm a stranger, I'm a changer.
    And I'm danger... maybe...

http://youtu.be/dNEtnyAm6S4

Deleted
    Weapons, that's for sure! I'd collect weapons. Or just buy them and play with them!

10+ Year Old Account
    Collecting military equipment like tanks and artillery would be pretty bad ass, way better than my idea of feeding gourmet cheese and fine wine to a group of purebred dogs who all wear monocles.

Deleted
    Skydiving.
    Done a Charity tandem one a couple of years back, Having looked into it cost a couple of thousand pounds for the equipment, and just as much for the training. Sadly I dont have that sort of disposable income

Deleted
    I'd open a gym and let all my friends use it for free.

I'd probably also just build models; model aircraft, R/C Cars etc....

Oh and the obligatory: Cocaine and hookers.

Becoming a Blacksmith, or goldsmith, or just any smith really, because it's like lego and fire all in one! or close enough
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

10+ Year Old Account
    deffo coin collecting. i used to do it a little and still have all the ones i used too but it gets expensive really quick so i havent bought any in a long time
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

comic books right now i can only afford a couple different titles a month if i could buy all the ones i wanted to read it would be like 80+$ a month they seem cheap but when your reading about 6 different books that each release 2 or 3 a month that 3.99 adds up. id also like to collect more doctor who stuff like props or an actual dalek
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    lego, lots and lots of it especially star wars

I would collect military aircraft. I wonder if I could legally purchase a Su-27, 35, 33 and 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    Skydiving.
    Done a Charity tandem one a couple of years back, Having looked into it cost a couple of thousand pounds for the equipment, and just as much for the training. Sadly I dont have that sort of disposable income
    Can't you just borrow the gear at the club mate?
    Cirrus the club I'm a member at does that for newbies, so all they really need to buy at the start is the starter package for the AFF course(theory classes and textbooks, insurance, membership, 10 jumps) which is around £1600(not 100% sure about the currency rate atm, so give or take a little). It's not super cheap, but it's not out of this world expensive either.

Anyways, I'd just blow even more on music, fuck I've thrown half a fortune at my record collection as it is.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2012-11-18 at 04:57 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Perhaps collect more warhammer, and not cheap out on the pain this time around.
    If we're talking ridiculously huge sums of money, an underground (read: caves) swimming complex filled with tropical fish, with scuba gear that I could swim around in at my leisure.
    Last edited by Arewn; 2012-11-18 at 05:02 PM.

I would invest a ton in my car. There's a lot I've always wanted to do, but couldn't because I don't have the money.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to have an expensive car collection.
    Like a 60 car garage and just have all sorts of unique and classic cars lining the walls. The biggest thing I envy about rich people is when I hear they have a giant garage full of those.

I mean, I'm not even a car person so unless I became a hundred millionaire-billionaire I'd not do it, but that's still something I'd love to do.
    And I doubt I'd drive more than 1 or 2 of them, but just to have them would be awesome.

I have quite a large collection of dvds already but one other thing I'd love to do if I were rich is to own pretty much every dvd that's ever worth watching and set up a huge movie room

Traveling photography

10+ Year Old Account
    I love flying and would do it more often if I had the money.

I also used to actively play Paintball a lot but it got a tad too expensive to keep doing except for once in two blue moons (doesn't help that the place I played at was shut down)
    I snowboard too, but I can usually afford to do that more often than paintball.
    @dA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleuh
    Since the invention of the internet, the Earth`s rotation has been solely propelled by english teachers turning in their graves.

10+ Year Old Account
    I collect minerals... and it costs me fortune.