Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    I honestly don't understand how this is even remotely hard, If you have brain dead healers you simply yell at them or replace them <.<
    Because this thread still isn't about hard mechanics but unforgiving ones, which are not the same thing. Dispelling isn't hard, but if you miss a disple, it's a wipe. That is pretty unforgiving for me.

Lots of mechanics are "unforgiving" if not done right. In fact, most of them are, during progression.

What the thread is really about is "the most unforgiving" and its ratio to "how easy is it to fuck up?" IE, something that's really unforgiving but requires being brain dead to fuck up (IE, the debuff on H-Spine) is not unforgiving, imo. Something that's easy to fuck up but won't wipe the raid necessarily (Archimonde) is closer, maybe.

To me, the ultimate easy to fuck up + ridiculously unforgiving were:

Wrack as a healer on Sinestra (I still have math nightmares of trying to calculate how much the damn debuff had left on it)
    Frost orbs on H-Ascendant Council
    Seeds on H-Ragnaros. Sons are unforgiving, but any coordinated raid group should have been able to do it relatively easy, same with the triangle breadth of frost. Seeds could just plain fuck you up if you couldn't move and do massive AoE at the same time as a raid, if you followed the Paragon method.
    Close traps as a tank on H-Ragnaros, p4. Having to kite Ragnaros way away from the breadth so he didn't get trapped too early was scary times, I'll tell you.

Defile is an honorable mention, but again, it seemed like if you had a group of competent people it went away pretty quickly as a problem.
    H-Nef interrupts when both your primary and backup interrupt got bombed was interesting. The third person was usually kind of unreliable and/or a healer and pretty busy healing.

Of course, C'thun's eye beam was ridiculous.

Defile, definitely. Also for a more silly one the elevator in BWD, our tank died to it so many times its not funny, he'd literally just fall through the elevator.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    "And WATCH THE TAIL!"

... "whelps"

Also, for some reason Twin Emperors came to mind, especially if you chose to not use a warlock tank and instead depend on battle-shout spam.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Lots of mechanics are "unforgiving" if not done right. In fact, most of them are, during progression.

What the thread is really about is "the most unforgiving" and its ratio to "how easy is it to fuck up?" IE, something that's really unforgiving but requires being brain dead to fuck up (IE, the debuff on H-Spine) is not unforgiving, imo. Something that's easy to fuck up but won't wipe the raid necessarily (Archimonde) is closer, maybe.

To me, the ultimate easy to fuck up + ridiculously unforgiving were:

Wrack as a healer on Sinestra (I still have math nightmares of trying to calculate how much the damn debuff had left on it)
    Frost orbs on H-Ascendant Council
    Seeds on H-Ragnaros. Sons are unforgiving, but any coordinated raid group should have been able to do it relatively easy, same with the triangle breadth of frost. Seeds could just plain fuck you up if you couldn't move and do massive AoE at the same time as a raid, if you followed the Paragon method.
    Close traps as a tank on H-Ragnaros, p4. Having to kite Ragnaros way away from the breadth so he didn't get trapped too early was scary times, I'll tell you.

Defile is an honorable mention, but again, it seemed like if you had a group of competent people it went away pretty quickly as a problem.
    H-Nef interrupts when both your primary and backup interrupt got bombed was interesting. The third person was usually kind of unreliable and/or a healer and pretty busy healing.

Of course, C'thun's eye beam was ridiculous.
    Roots on Ragnaros indeed due to their RNG nature and boss becoming immune to taunt.

Oh this question. I just had to laugh and think about:

"Who didn't use his tear?"

Archimonde's Airburst in my opinion.

I'm going to have to go for Gorefiend's Construct Mechanic. Defile is unforgiving buy not too difficult to avoid. In my BC raiding guild you were not allowed to come to Gorefiend unless you have completed an online flash game designed to mimic the ghost controls in defeating the 4 constructs.

This may not be a boss mechanic but learning the DPS rotation for a BC Arms Warrior was mind numbing for anyone who have experienced it. Timing your Mortal Strikes and Slams with your white swings was near impossible without the help of Add-ons.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is the most Unforgiven boss in World of Warcraft.

Deleted
    Most of the unforgiving mechanics have been mentioned but not Hour of twilight on ultraxion 25hc. While progressing with semibad gear and people needing to really min/max there were waaay to often some dps tunneling the boss and trying to exit the realm at 0.3s or something and having a latency spike. "sorry, laggspike" was said on average 2bilion times per pull on ultraxion. simple mechanic, but raidwipe if someone in the rotation forgets/ fucks up.

mhhh things that come to my mind (cant say anything for pre-cata)
    frozen orb on ascendant council
    baleroc heroic debuff
    ragnaros sons of flame, meteors, empower sulfuras

Since about 99% of this thread is about Defile, I'll go for the one that personally broke me as a raid leader. I never truly recovered from it.

Archimonde. Fucking Archimonde and his stupid sodding air burst, where he knocks people up into the air. Although I suppose it's not strictly that ability (though it was the one people most screwed up on); it was the one where every time someone died, Archimonde gained a charge to use a super raid-wipey ability. Which then likely caused another death, so he gained another charge, then another death, etc. etc...

Just. Fuck Archimonde. Fuck him all the way to hell.

Archimond. One person failing to use their tears or running through the fire started a domino effect of people dying.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Deleted
    As many have mentioned and I think we'll see it to be a clear winner, I vote for defile, especially on heroic. Whenever he casted, I pooped my pants a bit.

C'Thuns Dark Lare was a bitch!
    13/13

Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Defile.

Still the only mechanic to actually wrench my gut a bit every time it got cast even when I know I wouldn't personally fail to it.
    Nakkiz of Memento <EU-Frostwhisper>

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Since about 99% of this thread is about Defile, I'll go for the one that personally broke me as a raid leader. I never truly recovered from it.

Archimonde. Fucking Archimonde and his stupid sodding air burst, where he knocks people up into the air. Although I suppose it's not strictly that ability (though it was the one people most screwed up on); it was the one where every time someone died, Archimonde gained a charge to use a super raid-wipey ability. Which then likely caused another death, so he gained another charge, then another death, etc. etc...

Just. Fuck Archimonde. Fuck him all the way to hell.
    god I loved it but hate it. Hahahahahaha could u imagine that mechanic now with all the terribads.

Deleted
    I'm surprised nobody said the frozen orb in BoT (Council)

Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    I'm surprised nobody said the frozen orb in BoT (Council)
    Quote Originally Posted by silmarilen View Post
    mhhh things that come to my mind (cant say anything for pre-cata)
    frozen orb on ascendant council
    baleroc heroic debuff
    ragnaros sons of flame, meteors, empower sulfuras

im nobody

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetrapakk View Post
    Most of the unforgiving mechanics have been mentioned but not Hour of twilight on ultraxion 25hc. While progressing with semibad gear and people needing to really min/max there were waaay to often some dps tunneling the boss and trying to exit the realm at 0.3s or something and having a latency spike. "sorry, laggspike" was said on average 2bilion times per pull on ultraxion. simple mechanic, but raidwipe if someone in the rotation forgets/ fucks up.
    We were doing Spiritbinder and people were still dying from staying inside the realm while popping it 5 sec before the debuff expired. I have died on Warmaster with dispersion being up (according to deathlog) but server disagreed with me. I remember being unable to pop the button on Ultraxion < 1 sec during first weeks (later on no problem doing 0,5 sec with 20-30 ms). Those fails weren't due to lagspikes in network; this is all server lag we're talking about. It sucks, and its just a few examples (there's more).

By the way while I may sound complaining (and I am sortof) I have experienced much, much worse. Did Blizzard pay BioWare to show us MMORPG players how bad server lag can be? Geez, SWTOR was horrible in this regard.

Madness was also strange DPS-wise. Doing enough DPS (and later too much DPS) on Madness was a funny one. Eventually in 25m you could just let tank die from impale and res. In 10m you could only do that once and had to literally stop doing any damage for like a minute. And the times where the DoTs ticked too much on Deathwing, or the AoE damage was too low. Then some of the adds started to dance on the tentacle and I thought I was drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    professor putricide 25hc and unbound plague swapping

sindragosa and chaining the ice tombs

as mentioned, virtually the entire LK HC25 encounter

the dance in naxx soo many failed and ultimately caused a wipe cos of not enough ppl alive to finish

ice tomb on kel'thuzad, and ice block on sapphiron, partly cos being a mage i would have a macro setup to yell "i'm an ice block" when i cast ice block, which always ended in some fun and games afterwards .

lady deathwhisper heroic25 and phase 2 when the ghosts would explode, if u weren't spread out enough they would kill half the raid and u would wipe because of that.

probably loads more but none that spring to mind atm.