High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Emergency rig purchase

So due to some bad news and a really short temper I am having to buy a emergency rig to do me for the next few weeks...

I'll be making a full custom rig myself in the next 1.5-2 months but I need will be ordering a new computer tomorrow morning to do me till then;

All I need this for for the next month or so is Wow progression, sorting my artwork out, and War Z, and music.

Here is what i've found on a website I use regularly that can be shipped tomorrow and here by Tuesday for £317 (inc VAT & p&p)

In Stock Computer Case Black ATX Tower Case
    In Stock CPU AMD Phenom II X4 965 (4 x 3.4 GHz) 8MB - Black Edition
    In Stock CPU Heatsink AMD Heatsink & Fan
    In Stock Memory 8 GB 1333 MHZ (2x4GB) - (DDR3)
    In Stock Graphics Card (spare)
    In Stock Motherboard Gigabyte 78LMT-S2P (AMD 760G) - VGA/DVI
    In Stock Sound Card Motherboard Integrated HD Sound
    In Stock Networking Motherboard Integrated Ethernet Lan (Broadband Ready)
    In Stock Power Supply 700W PSU
    In Stock Hard Drive #1 640 GB SATA-II HDD 7200 RPM 8MB (FREE UPGRADE TO 750GB BEFORE 11:59 PM ON 30-11-12)

Just curious to know what you guys think and see what you can suggest so i can check stock and stuff (although for price and stock i am pretty sure this isnt going to change)

Once the I am done with the computer i'll be giving it to the girlfriend to use for whatever she does :P

Deleted
    don't forget the free hdd upgrade? ^^
    seems quite overkill for a temporary rig imo

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    You could probably do with a 300 watt PSU depending on the graphics card. 700 watts is WAY too much.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Graphics card is a geforce 9500GT nvidia; but i've always prefered to have 700w or more psu some reason i always find price wise 700w isnt much more than low "w" ones like £20-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackelyn View Post
    Graphics card is a geforce 9500GT nvidia; but i've always prefered to have 700w or more psu some reason i always find price wise 700w isnt much more than low "w" ones like £20-30
    Sure they may not be that much more, but your PC's requirements won't pump more than 300 so why spend the extra money for absolutely ZERO performance / reliability increase? And on a Temporary rig at that...

If money is no object and you don't mind voluntarily wasting it, I'll PM you my paypal and you can send some my way?
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

So due to some bad news and a really short temper I am having to buy a emergency rig to do me for the next few weeks...

I'll be making a full custom rig myself in the next 1.5-2 months but I need will be ordering a new computer tomorrow morning to do me till then;

All I need this for for the next month or so is Wow progression, sorting my artwork out, and War Z, and music.

Here is what i've found on a website I use regularly that can be shipped tomorrow and here by Tuesday for £317 (inc VAT & p&p)

In Stock Computer Case Black ATX Tower Case
    In Stock CPU AMD Phenom II X4 965 (4 x 3.4 GHz) 8MB - Black Edition
    In Stock CPU Heatsink AMD Heatsink & Fan
    In Stock Memory 8 GB 1333 MHZ (2x4GB) - (DDR3)
    In Stock Graphics Card (spare)
    In Stock Motherboard Gigabyte 78LMT-S2P (AMD 760G) - VGA/DVI
    In Stock Sound Card Motherboard Integrated HD Sound
    In Stock Networking Motherboard Integrated Ethernet Lan (Broadband Ready)
    In Stock Power Supply 700W PSU
    In Stock Hard Drive #1 640 GB SATA-II HDD 7200 RPM 8MB (FREE UPGRADE TO 750GB BEFORE 11:59 PM ON 30-11-12)

Just curious to know what you guys think and see what you can suggest so i can check stock and stuff (although for price and stock i am pretty sure this isnt going to change)

Once the I am done with the computer i'll be giving it to the girlfriend to use for whatever she does :P
    Just build the good one now.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Just build the good one now.

Saddly work had to come first and I had to buy more work supplies so im like £1300 short :P

Take a month off then, might learn you to control the temper more and you don't need to buy shit meanwhile?

If that's not an option, I would seriously recommend going with DIY route. Then you can make some intelligent choices like taking SSD instead of HDD (will be enough for WoW for a month and you'll want one for the new computer anyway), better RAM, your choice of case and so on. It might cost you £50 more, but you can then reuse half of the parts for your real computer and save some serious money there.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

For a temporary rig that seems a bit.... excessive.

4gb of memory and a dual-core will work just fine if all your doing is playing WoW, artwork, etc. on a temporary setup.

That being said, the DIY route is almost always better(price-wise) unless your buying pre-owned/refurbed computers.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

I'd like to agree with Vesseblah on this one. Why would (I'm assuming) you damage your PC to the point of non-functioning over whatever reason? That's a hefty price-tag on your rage right there.

And, unless you plan on using the 700w in your future build you can get by on much less for cheaper. Tone down the Ram and the CPU as well to something like a G530 Dual-core and maybe only a 250gb HDD. Do you really need 630/750 for a temporary rig? Do you plan on using any of these parts in your 2 month away build? Or are you just going to scrap this temp build in the next month when you get all your new stuff set up? And yea, buy parts separate, build yourself and save a couple $50 or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saddly work had to come first and I had to buy more work supplies so im like £1300 short :P
    If you're short on cash, buying a temporary one isn't the best idea. Just wait until you have the money, and buy the good one. And like other people said, if getting mad makes you take it out on things around you, then settle that first. A month or two away from gaming won't hurt.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G