Heroic Feng Difficulty

How much of a step up is Heroic Feng the Accursed from Heroic Stone Guard on 10M? We downed Heroic Stone Guard last week in a little over 10 pulls and are thinking of working on Heroic Feng this week. We have limited time to spend on a Heroic so im just wondering how big of a road block he is? Thanks!

You shouldn't have much trouble with Feng, most guilds had trouble with the bosses after Feng. If your guildies aren't complete shit lords then expect a kill after 10 attempts or so.

Staff->Shield->Fists->Spear... Is a pretty easy order in my opinion, but I did this in 25man so the order might be different for a 10man.
    Last edited by Healinu; 2012-11-18 at 08:44 PM.

We got Heroic Stone Guard in 2 attempts last week after delaying trying it for a long time.

We got Feng in 7 tries, he's not so hard.

We went Arcane phase first to get it over with, then Fire phase and bloodlusted to get through it in two draw flames (shield the second draw), shield phase, then earth last since there's very little damage if you interrupt epicentre.

15+ Year Old Account
    Feng is fairly easy if people dont blow up the raid, and your tanks know how to stun the boss during epicenters and people know how to AoE.

We do Arcane(most painful phase so its good to start there due to low stacks on boss)>Earth(have 1 raid member soak the stun so you can copy it and interrupt epicenter. We use a boomkin for it)>Shadow(just have some good aoe stuns/aoe grips and its easy. You can cancel one add wave with the barrier if you place it on the shield)>Fire(We cancel out the first one and burn him down with Hero and good raid Cds)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Healinu View Post

Staff->Shield->Fists->Spear... Is a pretty easy order in my opinion, but I did this in 25man so the order might be different for a 10man.
    That's how we do it in 10m. Pretty straight forward, bring 2 healers and dps capable of bursting down their illusions or w/e during shield phase.
    Aelmagus
    <Delusions of Grandeur>
    [H] Runetotem - US

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Oh, PVP twinks. I thought this was about Anduin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I am so triggered right now.

Does the DK's gorefiends grasp and Druid vortex thingy work on the adds he summons?

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Does the DK's gorefiends grasp and Druid vortex thingy work on the adds he summons?
    Yes. Our group uses Gorefiend's on this fight.

This fight is an easy heroic. Your guild shouldn't have much trouble with him. This is the order we do:

Arcane > Shield > Earthquake > Fire

This fight is more of a competency check than anything. There isn't anything very complicated about this fight.

The hardest part of Feng is getting to the end without the fight bugging out. It took us about 20 attempts to kill, with 17-18 resulting in a raid wipe from a bug.

We encountered things such as.. An unkillable add from the shield. We used the Barrier on the first shield to negate the entire set of adds, but one add for whatever reason knocked himself down to 1 HP, stayed at 1 HP, and wouldn't die through the next shield phase. The end result of this was Feng healing 10% due to an unkillable add.

Other things we encountered were 3 consecutive Epicenters without a Lightning Fist. With no raid cooldowns planned ahead of time due to the fact that, when the fight is scripted correctly, you don't need a raid cooldown for that entire phase.

Sometimes we would end the third Arcane Velocity with Feng at 77%. We'd push him to 71.5-72%, the weapons will have long re-appeared, and he will do a 4th Arcane Velocity at 72%.

Him doing extra abilities past his Health % mark happened in all phases. We had a Shield throw at 47%, and we had an Epicenter at 21.9%.

The least annoying and easiest to counter aspect was the pull. Sometimes he would Resonate twice before Velocity, sometimes he would Velocity immedietely. Sometimes he'd do one resonance, then a Velocity. It's Lich King's 2nd Defile / Valkyrs all over again.

The entire fight on heroic just seems poorly scripted, full of boss abilites that are off cooldown and can be cast at any time, regardless of when phase changes are supposed to lock out said spell schools.

Edit: I didn't really provide any "good" information here, just a lot of complaining.

We went Arcane -> Shield -> Epicenter -> Fire.

We had so many bugs during the Epicenter phase, we popped heroism to get through that as soon as possible. The first attempt we used Hero to get into the Fire phase, to completely bypass any potential lack-of-lightning-fists bugs that we'd encountered all night, we killed him.

Don't worry about the fire phase. Use lust at the end of the shield phase to ensure both the shield and earth phase are clean. In the fore phase, absorb the first draw and just kite after the until he dies.

I think you guys doing Fire last are just making the fight harder, because earth last has basically no damage going out. Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I think you guys doing Fire last are just making the fight harder, because earth last has basically no damage going out. Just my two cents.
    Not if you Lust as he transitions into Spear phase. Though this really is the exact same if you do Fists last, absorb first Epicenter, probably will die before the next one. You do one barrier to absorb Draw Flame.. dead. Makes no difference.

With max stacks, IF a second Epicenter went off, it would hurt like hell without Barrier up. At least if you're in a tight spot you can bounce him around with taunts during Draw Flame for the last few %.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerai View Post
    Not if you Lust as he transitions into Spear phase. Though this really is the exact same if you do Fists last, absorb first Epicenter, probably will die before the next one. You do one barrier to absorb Draw Flame.. dead. Makes no difference.

With max stacks, IF a second Epicenter went off, it would hurt like hell without Barrier up. At least if you're in a tight spot you can bounce him around with taunts during Draw Flame for the last few %.
    Well yes it would hurt like hell if you were doing the fight wrong and didn't interrupt it

What? Fire last is the easiest you can do, you take ZERO damage, you absorb the first Draw Flame and he is dead before he casts the second thanks to heroism. Earth as thirs phase is also pretty good because you also take no damage... you stun most of the epicenters and sometimes use bubble if you cant (take 2 ticks here cause its longer then bubble)

Edit: Okay Earth has mostly also no dmg out thats true, but with bubble you still take 1-3 ticks from Epicenter and it hurts a bit more if its the last phase instead of the third. Plus we only get no 2nd draw flame because of executes. Earth hase can go on forever and you take no damage cause you always have interrupt or bubble when epicenter hits unless its a bug somehow.
    Last edited by Kroni; 2012-11-19 at 11:32 AM.

We felt that heroic feng was about 70% as difficult as HM Stone Guard BUT last week's HM puppies was sans chains. If you can down it with chains then feng will be easier. Enjoy though. It's a fun fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Lachez View Post
    That's how we do it in 10m. Pretty straight forward, bring 2 healers and dps capable of bursting down their illusions or w/e during shield phase.
    I was under the impression that this is 3 Healed not 2 Healed?

Well yes it would hurt like hell if you were doing the fight wrong and didn't interrupt it
    Please see my post. Feng has an odd habit of simply not casting Lightning Fists. On normal mode we've seen 4 Epicenters without a single Lightning Fist.

Even without Heroism in the last phase, if you choose fire, your chance of wiping is ridiculously small in my opinion. We killed Feng the first time we ever saw Fire Phase / left Earth phase without him screwing us with his buggy b.s.

Shield the first Draw Flame, CD through the 2nd, and he should die before the third one even happens. And even if it does, you have a barrier to absorb it.

Every raid CD you have should be available for Fire Phase, since you likely haven't used any since Arcane phase.

Heroism through Shield Phase would be ideal for groups with low DPS that can't kill the adds in time. If you can kill the adds, I highly recommend Heroism during Earth, just to avoid him fucking you with no Lightning Fists.

We did 3 heal this fight.

Also, if you were going to go from Shield to Fire, you're dragging Feng a good ways across the platform. After you kill the 4th set of Shield add, the boss is going to be around 51%, you're not going to have time to drag him. This might be possible for a group that has killed him a few times and is looking for ways to do it differently, but I, like many others in here, highly do not recommend this.
    Last edited by Shaley; 2012-11-19 at 05:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post
    Please see my post. Feng has an odd habit of simply not casting Lightning Fists. On normal mode we've seen 4 Epicenters without a single Lightning Fist.
    Nothing odd at all about it. He only cast lightning fist if there are someone at ranged. You simply did not have anyone out on range.

Easiest way to deal with is by constantly leaving 1 player in the middle of the room and simply heal him during the epicenter that you shield.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2012-11-19 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Nothing odd at all about it. He only cast lightning fist if there are someone at ranged. You simply did not have anyone out on range.

Easiest way to deal with is by constantly leaving 1 player in the middle of the room and simply heal him during the epicenter that you shield.
    This is incorrect. We always had the tank that used the barrier in ranged when it was time for the Shroud tank to start absorbing off of him. Sometimes Feng just doesn't cast Lightning Fists.

This is also incorrect because he continues to cast Lightning Fists when all 10 of us are in melee, awaiting the first epicenter (which has the barrier used). We've also had him use Lightning Fists when all 10 are stacked up and we have healing CDs planned, assuming Lightning Fists will bug out, and not occur.

Sometimes he just -Doesn't- cast Lightning Fists. Whether it's a script error depending on when transition happens from shield, I don't know. I'm not a programmer. There are times he never casts it, and there are times he will cast it 3 times between Epicenters. There are times he will cast 4 Epicenters without a Lightning Fist. I covered all of this in my previous post.

Blizzard even acknowledged that the boss was bugged, and attempted to fix him to cast it "more reliably". Unfortunately, their fix didn't work.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004033671
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004343168
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6933954612

As I said, 2 of the 4 phases of this fight are "Defile/Valkyrs" all over again.
    Last edited by Shaley; 2012-11-19 at 07:36 PM.