Poll: Are you playing SWToR F2P?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    K but do I need to resub to unlock all my coins?
    Yes, before December 20th. If you have more than 1500 coins its worth doing.

Or if you have a lot of credits.

Because remember, credit = unlocks.

I've bought about 5000 CC worth of unlocks with about 2 million credits.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2012-11-27 at 02:26 AM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Yes, before December 20th. If you have more than 1500 coins its worth doing.

Or if you have a lot of credits.

Because remember, credit = unlocks.

I've bought about 5000 CC worth of unlocks with about 2 million credits.

Meh not sure if I'll go back then. I gave most of my gold to my guild before I left, and I don't really want to hand EA/BioWare more money for something I supposedly " earned " . I may give it a go anyways being I still have the thing downloaded on my PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Meh not sure if I'll go back then. I gave most of my gold to my guild before I left, and I don't really want to hand EA/BioWare more money for something I supposedly " earned " . I may give it a go anyways being I still have the thing downloaded on my PC.
    That why you never give away your stuff when you leave. Ever.

If anything, take out as many loans as you can right before you quit and hope that when you come back a year or two later they have either quit or forgot.

Subbed and playing. Gave a pause for playing all the halo series (except the 4th because its new), played pandamon for a few days (friend gave a copy to me) and now i am back at swtor, just the stories alone make it worth. F2P get to see the story and thats great. Didnt interrupt my sub while i wasnt playing either.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

played since beta and pre-purchased..

after 1st 3 months, I've decided to take a break, and wait for Bioware to make the game better..
    Almost 2 months after that, finally they released the most wanted improvement to the community since beta, "customized UI" and the long-awaited Legacy which was a mystery to a community (half a year passed). Nothing else added, no fix on bug skill / talent and design. They just continue to add new raid to the game.

Stop following news since then, until i heard they announce F2P model near the end of July.

After log in F2P..
    1st impression: They moved my character to some unknown server, without any option to ask where would i want to move, to 'reunite with my friends'.
    2nd impression: Bonus cartel coins, now have to add subscription b4 Dec 20th to get....
    3rd impression: ok, I log into Imperial Fleet.. and saw those ridiculous limitations. Open Cartel Markets, and saw those ridiculous items for sell.
    4th impression: Log into forum, found myself can't post / create new thread anymore. Submit the ticket and this is the answer i got.. "Preferred and Free to Play players can view threads on the forums but they are not allowed to post a reply or create a new thread unless you will have an active subscription on your account."

Ok.. good job EA, finally i can uninstall useless 20gb game out of my hdd..

I finally understand the meaning of the new bioware logo.. (A division of EA) or maybe this is why Bioware co-founders Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk retired from their company..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aedra View Post
    After log in F2P..
    1st impression: They moved my character to some unknown server, without any option to ask where would i want to move, to 'reunite with my friends'.
    2nd impression: Bonus cartel coins, now have to add subscription b4 Dec 20th to get....
    3rd impression: ok, I log into Imperial Fleet.. and saw those ridiculous limitations. Open Cartel Markets, and saw those ridiculous items for sell.
    4th impression: Log into forum, found myself can't post / create new thread anymore. Submit the ticket and this is the answer i got.. "Preferred and Free to Play players can view threads on the forums but they are not allowed to post a reply or create a new thread unless you will have an active subscription on your account."

Ok.. good job EA, finally i can uninstall useless 20gb game out of my hdd..
    1) They moved all your friends to that exact server.
    2) It's a promotion with a clear and specific entry condition. Not sure how that constitutes a reason to not play the game F2P but each to their own I guess.
    3) Almost all are on the GTN and can be purchased with ingame credits.
    4) Asking for a subscription to be able to post is standard with all MMO's I thought.

They don't seem like great reasons if the game is fun to play so I guess the main reason is that you don't consider TOR to be worth playing? Ok.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    4) Asking for a subscription to be able to post is standard with all MMO's I thought.
    Actually, almost all (could actually be ALL but TOR) F2P games allow forum access. This is due too, like TOR, F2P players having less access to ingame support, so forums are generally there only way to get issues resolved

Resubbed. Just recently came back after retiring from WoW, and I'm liking the changes. Only thing that sucks for me is having to start from scratch since I was dumb enough to delete all my characters (big mistake, NEVER do that even if you're 100% sure you're quitting for good!), but I'm now taking my time enjoying leveling and PVP'ing again.

I had a BM rank Sorc and Sniper earlier this year until right after 1.2 was released. I've always enjoyed the game but quit due of low server pop + WoW raiding took up way too much of my time to invest more into SWTOR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sighz View Post
    2 action bars

4 now with preferred status

That's a good change.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe how badly EA handled the hybrid free to play model. I really shouldn't be shocked considering how badly they managed the game in the first place, but this goes beyond anything I could have imagined. Making people pay for basic UI functions and only allowing subscribers in game customer service? Absolutely ridiculous. I still maintain that TOR is a far superior game to WoW, but EA have screwed up every step of the way. Watching their mismanagement of the game has been like handing the keys to a Ferrari to a brand new driver and watching them immediately crash it into a wall and turn it into a pile of flaming wreckage. I refuse to have anything to do with TOR ever again.

10+ Year Old Account
    TBH, I liked the game from the beginning although insufferable loading sequences and constant need of searching for group members to do stuff with really annoyed me and still does. So, after the announced F2P I was happy to go back as a side thing to roam around the Galaxies and do what the inner Sith in me commands me to. Yet, after seeing all the limitations it immediately turned me off. The fact that I have to pay to show my titles, legacy surname and hide head slot is very discouraging. To top that in order to have 4 quick slot bars I have to pay 250CC, have a ridiculously low money cap (350000) and limitation on planetary commendations is just demoralizing.

I'm going back to sub for a while, I sure as hell can't stand the F2P.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth."

You know you can lift most the restrictions without paying EA any money though, right?
    You can buy those off the GTN for 300k credits.
    And you know F2P players have a limit of 200K right?

You read my post and that's all you got out of it. You can buy more action bars on the AH. You should NEVER have to pay to unlock UI interface elements for gameplay. Hell F2P players can't even start a group. This sort of things are ridiculous and I can't understand why you are trying to defend things like this. I love the game and I am saddened to see the direction it is heading. It's not about not wanting to pay for me because I prefer subscription games over F2P games. I decided to not to pay a sub when they announced that they are going F2P right before my exams were over and I was going to enjoy me some more SW:TOR goodness. Cash Shops always leave a foul taste in my mouth and what EA did adds to my disgust of the F2P model.

Look at my list again and tell me if it isn't fair to both the players and the company?

Quote Originally Posted by Xcitement View Post
    And you know F2P players have a limit of 200K right?

You read my post and that's all you got out of it. You can buy more action bars on the AH. You should NEVER have to pay to unlock UI interface elements for gameplay. Hell F2P players can't even start a group. This sort of things are ridiculous and I can't understand why you are trying to defend things like this. I love the game and I am saddened to see the direction it is heading. It's not about not wanting to pay for me because I prefer subscription games over F2P games. I decided to not to pay a sub when they announced that they are going F2P right before my exams were over and I was going to enjoy me some more SW:TOR goodness. Cash Shops always leave a foul taste in my mouth and what EA did adds to my disgust of the F2P model.

Look at my list again and tell me if it isn't fair to both the players and the company?
    You are an ex subscriber, you are preferred status. So you would have 350k.
    Also, they are increasing the number of action bars to 4.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2012-11-27 at 12:18 PM.

You are an ex subscriber, you are preferred status.
    Also, they are increasing the number of action bars to 4.
    ~smh~ Oh so that makes it all right? NO! You haven't noticed that my issue was with the whole F2P not just preferred status. Giving Preferred Status players 2 extra bars isn't going to fix the other issues I've mentioned. I get it you're still in love with everything SW:TOR, nothing wrong with that but don't think that dried up chewed up piece of bone is going to save the game. The subscribers are the ones who is gonna hurt in the end because players will go elsewhere instead of let EA bully them into paying a subscription. What's going to happen to the queues when the F2P players use up their pitiful weekly limit? How is being a subscriber going to be awesome in that situation? Buying unlocks for more money than F2P can earn. Yea that helps.

<sarcasm>And they sure are gonna convince a lot of those ex subscribers to come back to try out the F2P and what they can buy with their CC when they are forced to subscribe to get that CC. </sarcasm>

The layout of their F2P was done poorly and this is another reason why they should of just left the game subscription based if they're gonna roll out a pile of crap like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Xcitement View Post
    ~smh~ Oh so that makes it all right? NO! You haven't noticed that my issue was with the whole F2P not just preferred status. Giving Preferred Status players 2 extra bars isn't going to fix the other issues I've mentioned. I get it you're still in love with everything SW:TOR, nothing wrong with that but don't think that dried up chewed up piece of bone is going to save the game. The subscribers are the ones who is gonna hurt in the end because players will go elsewhere instead of let EA bully them into paying a subscription. What's going to happen to the queues when the F2P players use up their pitiful weekly limit? How is being a subscriber going to be awesome in that situation? Buying unlocks for more money than F2P can earn. Yea that helps.

The layout of their F2P was done poorly and this is another reason why they should of just left the game subscription based if they're gonna roll out a pile of crap like this.
    Okay. How is it that one day I am being accused of being so negative about swtor that I make people quit and the next being told I am in love with everything swtor.

I've been very clear that this is not a perfect model and not the model that I would have implemented. However, for a first attempt, its not that bad. They have already gone back and improved it several times since the 15th. Preferred and f2p use to only have 1 action bar, for example, and the credit cap was a lot lower.

But the GTN and trade chat is a viable solution to the unlocks. It really is.

The main problem with this model is that you can't unlock the ability to do HM ops and ranked WZs and gear higher than "story mode".
    They should sell authorizations that augment your weekly passes and like artifact rank 2 authorization for hm gear.

There's countless things they SHOULD add to their cartel market. And as they do, they will probably lift more and more restrictions.
    They've already said they want to sell character slots and armor dyes asap. So they will be getting new sources of revenue allowing them to lift the more annoying restrictions.

10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM
    Played it after f2p and didnt like it.

Ill say what i always say about swtor, its a great single player game as far as story goes, but it is not a good mmorpg. They should have stuck with either a KOTOR sequel or making the game a multiplayer ala diablo.
    Torchlight II Vanilla Player
    Looking for a vanilla only group?

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=40739

I'd say, EA handle f2p for swtor is like a demo, not a really f2p game to the market at all.

F2P model has been on the market for a long time, but EA choose the worst possible options compare to nowadays f2p games on the market. There has been a lot of successful F2P hybrid model on the market, changed from subscription base, such as DDO, Lotro, DC, etc... but it seems EA didn't study about those.

"Bioware, A Division of EA" Logo on Bioware.com has its meaning afterall..

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't even re-install it maybe when they lift some of the restrictions I'll give it another try.

Today's patch seems to have broken companions. Pretty game breaking if you are leveling or doing dailies.