Poll: Are you playing SWToR F2P?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Might install it down the road to check out F2P, but I doubt it. I absolutely hate EA for what they did to Bioware and destroying what could have been a much better product if they werent so greedy.

Maybe if EA sells the product to someone else then Ill consider checking it out again....
    You could unlock everything without spending any real life money.

Just sayin
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    You could unlock everything without spending any real life money.

Just sayin
    But his points are entirely valid. 'Destroying' Bioware is attributed to the amount of people that no longer work there...especally the founders of the company. Making a better product 'if they weren't so greedy' is attributed to the fact that they had a golden opportunity to make this game much more than it already was. They had the time to develop enough new content, new vanity items, an epic HK experience....instead they focused on how to monetize every aspect of the game that was already created. And by game, I obviously mean structural elements of the system and not the actual game.

The model is better with 'some way' to earn the items without real money, but not by leaps and bounds. There still exists the problem of the game not bringing anything great to 90% of the players. It's one thing to give TFB, which many people say is a step in the right direction, but then follow up with the HK quest line. It just all seems half hearted, half assed, and rushed.

Believe me, you do not want the 'super secret space' under these people anymore. If a 'truly epic experience' (for HK) amounts to standing in a field clicking a button for hours, then you dont' even want to know what new space could be.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2012-11-19 at 09:20 PM.

No, this game sucks!!!

j/k. I do sort of want to come back at some point jsut to finish all the class stories. I am a little hesitant due to some of the restrictions on f2p. I have been meaning to look at it a little more in depth, however Rifts Expansion came out 2 days before this happened and leveling/gearing up has consumed all my free time. Maybe once I get to a point where simply logging in for raids sustains my main I will check out SWTOR a little, or start an alt in RIFT.

I tried the F2P and but wasn´t fun with all the restrictions.
    I understand that they have to earn money but i play other F2P games like DCUO or World of Tanks from time to time and they have a much better F2P System.
    I cancelled my Star Wars account at the start of summer since they just not delivered enough content to justify a sub and the way i see it that didn´t change much. It´s sad because it could have been a real awesome game but well...

I'll probably resub. Stopped playing as the servers were dead and I got bored. Now my problem is a few characters need renamed since the server mergers. I did enjoy playing when it was populated.

I would resub if the support wasn't so bad, not gonna wait like 3 hours or more in phone queue to get back my account.

Deleted
    Oh please, like it being f2p or not somehow fixes its problems and brings back the disappointed players.

Deleted
    I want to play SWToR again but for some reason my account is stuck with the must delete X amount of characters to make a new one. My account has 0 characters on it since I deleted them. I've had the issue since the 15th and today I got an automated reply from their CS about how to make my account more secure.

So it took them 4 days to send a template answer which had nothing to do with my issue. +1 to EA.

10+ Year Old Account
    So any news about how many new accounts have been made or spike thresholds yet?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    I want to play SWToR again but for some reason my account is stuck with the must delete X amount of characters to make a new one. My account has 0 characters on it since I deleted them. I've had the issue since the 15th and today I got an automated reply from their CS about how to make my account more secure.

So it took them 4 days to send a template answer which had nothing to do with my issue. +1 to EA.
    That's awful. I know they posted last week saying that issue should be fixed :/ I guess either put in another ticket or call them, sadly not fantastic options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    I'm trying to get back.. but I deleted my Security key from my phone so I've been on hold for about 1 hour and 30 minutes waiting to talk to Customer Support..
    so much for login priority and full support capabilities...

Hmmm maybe I..... oh wait. They're still en mass blocking Chinese ips. I'd need to buy a VPN just to login.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    So any news about how many new accounts have been made or spike thresholds yet?
    You should know not expect EA/Bioware to communicate anything in a timely manner...and whatever is communicated will be completely indecipherable as to meaning or truth:

"Since launching F2P we've had 2 million concurrent active former present past subscribers of coin purchases that have dramatically increased revenue for the time period of activity in this quarter, but not limited to these weeks of the F2P option. Additionally, more people have been talking about our game in a potentially, but not limited to positive experiences from transitioning to a sub free model so we have solved world hunger in the future of happenstances for characters in our game world which may directly correlate to the prices of Cartel Coins in the near future.

Basically our game is awesome and everyone loves this."

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 11:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Hmmm maybe I..... oh wait. They're still en mass blocking Chinese ips. I'd need to buy a VPN just to login.
    They are afraid of ninjas with lightsabers. That is the last thing we need on this earth. Also, they can barely handle their game in the limited regions it is in. You don't want them trying to support this game in Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    They are afraid of ninjas with lightsabers. That is the last thing we need on this earth. Also, they can barely handle their game in the limited regions it is in. You don't want them trying to support this game in Asia.
    True.
    Bioware's PR has enough problems with english.
    I think they would start WW3 if they tried to talk to the Chinese people.

Deleted
    I played it when it first came out for 2 months. I was so unimpressed with the flaws in PVP i haven't bothered going back. Genuine question- Did they ever fix the horrible ability delay?

Quote Originally Posted by Littlevicar View Post
    I played it when it first came out for 2 months. I was so unimpressed with the flaws in PVP i haven't bothered going back. Genuine question- Did they ever fix the horrible ability delay?
    For the most part, yes.

Deleted
    For the most part, yes.
    I'll probably go back and check it out then, Huttballs concept was a blast, i just got so annoyed having to wait for an animation to finish to get an interupt off it ruined my experience. Thanks!

Tried it out today and got to lvl 5, will probably play every now and then but there's too many restrictions imo.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanted to go back and have a look at it, maybe complete the story mode I had going, but when i tried to log in it locked my old account saying that I was trying to log in from a new computer (it isn't) and then told me I had to ring up bioware to get it unlocked....and you know....no. Sod that noise. It's not worth the effort. And the kicker? They say I have to ring them as it's in the interest of security, but I can still go to the main website and have the password to my account changed -_- (even though the account is supposedly "locked")...i would expect no less ass backwardness from EA Bioware.

I play, I'm subbed, I am enjoying the heck out it. I also buy coins.

why even include "not playing swtor" in the options? If you don't play the game, why are you voting about playing the game in a sub forum about the game?
    The sad thing is that it's the tag with the most votes. Beset on all sides by idiots...
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.