Poll: Are you playing SWToR F2P?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    f2p is not enough for me to even consider it. Maybe if they paid me money for playing... but it would have to be a healthy sum :-p

Sorry, not trying to ignore what the mod added in the original post. It''s just that my opinion and reasoning for not giving it another try is that as a MMO this game - in my humble opinion - sucked in such a massive incomprehensible way I was physically shocked.The story also wasnt anything special. I didnt get the hype at all (I loved kotor)

My image of Bioware has been tarnished forever. To be fair, a lot of other things happened since then and long before, since they sold their sould to EA I guess and we all know Bioware is only Bioware in name anymore.
    I´m just happy Mass Effect was finished just in time :-)

And since the people I loved for their work and accomplishments for gaming in general and wanted to support have nothing to do with what Bioware is anymore and it's all EA leeching off their franchises and name now like the cancer they are, I cant help but hope f2p doesnt turn things around.... I do wish every single player sticking around the best time though because you guys deserve to have a good time.
    Last edited by mmoc10839b38d9; 2012-11-27 at 10:27 PM.

I did come back to the game and to be honest the only reason I never bought it was because of the subscription fee. I loved the story of the game and cared little about gameplay mechanics.

One complaint though is the fact that they reduce the amount of experience I get off quests. I am level 22 and in Tatooine, I can barely do anything and have little to no way to level other than grinding. I really do hope they consider changing this limitation because it by far is the worst thing about playing the F2P version. I am here for the story but without gaining levels I cannot enjoy the story.
    Excited

Quote Originally Posted by Bulls191 View Post
    I did come back to the game and to be honest the only reason I never bought it was because of the subscription fee. I loved the story of the game and cared little about gameplay mechanics.

One complaint though is the fact that they reduce the amount of experience I get off quests. I am level 22 and in Tatooine, I can barely do anything and have little to no way to level other than grinding. I really do hope they consider changing this limitation because it by far is the worst thing about playing the F2P version. I am here for the story but without gaining levels I cannot enjoy the story.
    Run flash points.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Subbed and playing, enjoying the game alot more this time round after stopping a few months back, probs because of the merged servers, and alot more people playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing will make me go back to this game, the devs are bloody hopeless

10+ Year Old Account
    I can say that I am really enjoying the endgame content. I have never been so happy in my life than when we first got NiM Tanks. Okay, I have been happier obviously, but inside of a game probably not. I actually compared this kill to my guilds first H LK kill.

I see the game continuously getting better... which is the reason why I stick around. I want to enjoy it and hope to see it blossom as time goes on.

Ideal version of TOR for me right now would be - Leveling through personal story, flash points, space missions and warzones in reasonable time with 4 character slot unlocks. That means add option to buy new character slots for f2p players (in work I guess?). Adjust xp gains so ppl can skip the generic quests and go just for the fun stuff, can be done in form of b2p no issue with that. Add b2p option for lvl 50 warzones/rated warzones. Passes for a whole season at least. Remove some of the silly restrictions. The action bars were a good change, but still plenty of ridiculous restrictions.

Looking at all the f2p unlocks it screams at me there should be some kind of pack that will let you buy in a bundle a package of basic unlocks. One would assume that's what the original purchase of the game was for, but guess that was long time ago and BW has forgotten.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Run flash points.
    <sarcasm>Run it 3 times and that'll sure get you the levels you need.</sarcasm>
    Bulls you just gotta grind. The Flash points, warzones and space missions you are allowed will help some but in the end you gotta put in the extra work.

Quote Originally Posted by Xcitement View Post
    <sarcasm>Run it 3 times and that'll sure get you the levels you need.</sarcasm>
    Bulls you just gotta grind. The Flash points, warzones and space missions you are allowed will help some but in the end you gotta put in the extra work.
    You can run flash points as many times as you want. You just get 3 last boss rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    You can run flash points as many times as you want. You just get 3 last boss rolls.
    Thanks for clearing that up. That's good. I must of misunderstood the limitations when I read it.

Thanks for clearing that up. That's good. I must of misunderstood the limitations when I read it.
    No worries. So did the rest of us.

Now if they would do something similar for warzones then the subscribers would be in a better position.

Now if they would do something similar for warzones then the subscribers would be in a better position.
    I think the best solution would be something like league of legends bot matches.

The first like... 4 you get full IP gain. Than 75%, 50%, 25%, 0.

So, for swtor, I would make it so f2p accounts had a daily cap for wz commendation gain. That way they can keep playing. But they can't gain as much as subscribers.

I was planning to go back before I saw the restrictive model.... I'm willing to give them some of my money in the item mall for things I like and want but I'm not willing to pay a monthly sub and that's still the only viable way of enjoying the game with all the insane disadvantages given to the f2p players.
    "Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I actually compared this kill to my guilds first H LK kill.
    We both love both games I'm sure, but please do not ever say something like this again.
    I am a huge literature and lore person, so reading that statement makes my heart hurt. Please, never again.

Quote Originally Posted by hellosaltygoodness View Post
    I was planning to go back before I saw the restrictive model.... I'm willing to give them some of my money in the item mall for things I like and want but I'm not willing to pay a monthly sub and that's still the only viable way of enjoying the game with all the insane disadvantages given to the f2p players.
    Keep in mind you can lift those restrictions as preferred without spending money.

Another thing I find in poor taste is the fact that the CC that were promised as incentive to return and try the new and shiny F2P you have to subscribe to get. ~smh~

Quote Originally Posted by Strifegambit View Post
    Nothing will make me go back to this game, the devs are bloody hopeless
    and tell us again...what are you doing on swtor forum... if you dont like the game that much?

Another thing I find in poor taste is the fact that the CC that were promised as incentive to return and try the new and shiny F2P you have to subscribe to get. ~smh~
    So you're mad...

...that you have to pay...

...to get something for free...

...that the people playing for free...

...don't receive?

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 12:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I can say that I am really enjoying the endgame content. I have never been so happy in my life than when we first got NiM Tanks. Okay, I have been happier obviously, but inside of a game probably not. I actually compared this kill to my guilds first H LK kill.

I see the game continuously getting better... which is the reason why I stick around. I want to enjoy it and hope to see it blossom as time goes on.
    I agree Forsedar. My guild is on your server on Republic side, and as far as I know, is the only Republic guild on our server even attempting 16-man NiM tanks.

We got them to 15% last night... *DAMMIT*

Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    So you're mad...

...that you have to pay...

...to get something for free...

...that the people playing for free...

...don't receive?
    It's not really free if you have to give BW money to get it. On top of that since f2p and p2p models don't synergize well, it's weird that you have to do one to get currency for the other.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.