Poll: Are you playing SWToR F2P?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I never quit SWTOR. I don't know what SWToR is, so I can't comment on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Octaboom View Post
    f2p has some of the same issues that caused me to unsub awhile back. The primary issue is none of my friends are playing TOR. The next is population, just from reading threads here, still seems low. Then the kicker, after logging into my account at SWTOR.com I read the restrictions and was turned off by them. To be honest, wasn't sure what I was expecting from f2p, but the current format wasn't it.

When I first heard about f2p I was curious about it. After reading what you got, I was meh. I liked the game when I played it, aside from no one online, but now I'll do other things with my money.
    So the threads complaining about the queues to log in make you think the game is "low" on population?
    Okay.
    Sure.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I'm doing some casual questing on my Empire toons. The 1-50 game is still as great as ever, even if the restrictions are annoying. I'm not paying anything so it's all good.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Deleted
    Populationn has been good each time I have been on, when I was on Coruscant last it was up to Instance 6.

Quote Originally Posted by HavocPrime View Post
    Populationn has been good each time I have been on, when I was on Coruscant last it was up to Instance 6.
    about 250 people per so about 1500 people on a single planet of the barrens level range.

I, personally, have never seen 1500 people in barrens at once. So I consider that a good sign for swtor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    about 250 people per so about 1500 people on a single planet of the barrens level range.

I, personally, have never seen 1500 people in barrens at once. So I consider that a good sign for swtor.
    http://www.torstatus.net/the-shadowl...-ma/history/7d

yeah just about every single server has gone over heavy, some into very heavy, theres only the RP PVP server and that even touches heavy a couple of times.

whoever said populations are a problem needs to come back from May 12 to present day.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
    whoever said populations are a problem needs to come back from May 12 to present day.
    Kind of my point.

People need to step off the hipster band wagon and actually play if they are going to comment. If you think the population is "low" than you haven't actually been playing.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Kind of my point.

People need to step off the hipster band wagon and actually play if they are going to comment. If you think the population is "low" than you haven't actually been playing.
    Maybe they keep getting put into the last created instance of every planet they step on and think they are the lone survivors of the rakghoul apocalypse. *shrug*

Could use a bit less people on The Harbinger in fact. The lag is kind of bad there.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Could use a bit less people on The Harbinger in fact. The lag is kind of bad there.
    I've recently rerolled on Harbinger but the lag has been so bad for me I'm seriously considering going back to my old server (PoT5). I'm averaging over 100+ ms on Harbinger versus the 20-30 I've been getting on Prophet; playing on the two feels like night and day for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aensland View Post
    I've recently rerolled on Harbinger but the lag has been so bad for me I'm seriously considering going back to my old server (PoT5). I'm averaging over 100+ ms on Harbinger versus the 20-30 I've been getting on Prophet; playing on the two feels like night and day for me.
    Hmm, I am on Pot5 and the population is pretty high (server labels it at right below Full) and we keep a low latency so I'm a bit shocked that Harbinger is getting massive lag spikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Hmm, I am on Pot5 and the population is pretty high (server labels it at right below Full) and we keep a low latency so I'm a bit shocked that Harbinger is getting massive lag spikes.
    Much of that could be on my end? The server location versus my lacation (east coast) could be the reason.

Deleted
    Honestly wanted it to be good when it went f2p, uninstalled it after an hour or so. It's just so broken, in so many ways. Big shame

hmm that does sound ridiculously low, im often level 11 by the time i start DK and ive levlled a new PT from 0 to play with a FTP friend since the F2P options, not doing any of the group stuff on DK (but doing the ones on starter planets) and were 17 and just leaving DK.

Do you do all of the non group quests, do you do the bonus objectives? Theres so many Q's around DK, The revan people, The temple, the statue and Grathams estate, so it should give ample exp.
    Well to clarify, the bonus objectives that spring up on their own are what I was saying was making the difference. In the past I always did them, because when the worlds were basically empty, it was easy. But now, with hundreds of people per world at all times, they seem like a major pain to do. I guess they account for too much experience to skip though...

Deleted
    http://www.torstatus.net/the-shadowl...-ma/history/7d

yeah just about every single server has gone over heavy, some into very heavy, theres only the RP PVP server and that even touches heavy a couple of times.

The reality on the EU servers is a very different one. Not every person on the internet is a resident of the US...

You would think that they would make F2P half way decent instead of hampering a player so much that it forces them to buy the game. Restricting quality of life mechanics such as action bars just frustrates the player and makes them want to quit the game instead of saying "Oh wow how cool" and paying a subscription fee. F2P just seemed like a great idea for this game gone really bad.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshlicks View Post
    Yes and I plan to sub because the restrictions are too much
    Already reported the user, but in case a Mod sees my post First, this user is basically a spam advertise bot for scummy link in their bio. They are copy pasting other people's posts from the 1st page of threads.

Please ban, thank you!

I tested out the F2P as I had Preferred status and was quickly reminded for the reasons I had quit in the first place.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post
    if they are trying to bring people back or get new subscribers with their "incentives", which were alreay available features a few months ago and then stripped from all nonsub accounts, they are doing it horribly wrong. i wouldn't EVER pay money to regain the features i once had.
    Same, I will never pay for that crap.

They failed with thier game so they try to make it free to play.
    They change almost nothing and restrict everything even mundane things that a 2 year old can program and maintain in a game
    They annoy you at every turn trying to get you to sub to make the game halfway decent.

And now there are morons paying more then they ever would of 8 months ago with a subscription and are STILL getting less.