Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    I wish we would stop giving africa billions of dollars to prevent aids since it doesnt work. Primates wont wear a condom no matter how much we spend on "educating" them.
    Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    Not mentioned much I think by the US media but it's certainly been discussed worldwide. It genuinely freaks me out that my very intelligent father-in-law actually thinks about this sort of thing and lets it influence his geopolitical views.
    That's surely the concern for me as well. If it were strictly stupid people, it'd be a lot easier to write off. When it's politicians with J.D.'s, M.B.A.'s and other advanced degrees, it's pretty scary. It doesn't get much play here. People look at me like I'm making shit up when I tell them what fundies believe about Israel, mostly because the people I'm talking to generally don't have crazy beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Netanyahu is an asshole, but this video is over a decade old and taken when he wasn't in any kind of position of authority.
    What's your point?

2 decades ago Romney was a Bishop of the Mormon Church and counseled a woman whose life was in jeopardy NOT to have an abortion. Do we just forget about that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    That's surely the concern for me as well. If it were strictly stupid people, it'd be a lot easier to write off. When it's politicians with J.D.'s, M.B.A.'s and other advanced degrees, it's pretty scary. It doesn't get much play here. People look at me like I'm making shit up when I tell them what fundies believe about Israel, mostly because the people I'm talking to generally don't have crazy beliefs.
    Indeed. Bush's pastor used to discuss it, Rove has talked about it, the neo-con view was horrifying. I still think it played a major part in the invasion of Iraq, to further destabilise the entire region. When Britain and the Ottomans were there it was comparatively peaceful. Now it's a huge mess.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    What's your point?

2 decades ago Romney was a Bishop of the Mormon Church and counseled a woman whose life was in jeopardy NOT to have an abortion. Do we just forget about that?
    My point is that something a guy says in the privacy of his own home 10 years ago when he thought his political career was over probably should be taken with a grain of salt.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

Deleted
    Prohibited by who?
    Unwritten laws, society's moral values, "it's not cool, man" line of thinking. It's like going to a rich people club and saying you listen to rap music, it's just something that doesn't fit with that crowd and those guys will frown on you. Same with jewish culture in the media.

It's all just conspiracy! ...
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    I wish we would stop giving africa billions of dollars to prevent aids since it doesnt work. Primates wont wear a condom no matter how much we spend on "educating" them.
    Nothing better than combining racism and an inability to grasp taxonomy.

---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 06:12 PM ----------

What's your point?

I didn't, but a shitload of other people seemed to have. There sure were a lot of people pretending that being part of the leadership for an actively racist church (which the LDS was at the time that Romney was climbing the ranks) didn't mean anything at all.

My point is that something a guy says in the privacy of his own home 10 years ago when he thought his political career was over probably should be taken with a grain of salt.
    Good idea. Let's do the same whenever we hear about a politician doing the same in America. Maybe we can elect a president who used to be a Wizard of the KKK next time around. After all, his words don't reflect his thoughts if he stopped speaking them in the 80s.

A grain of salt, sure. At the same time, I think it's interesting to see what people really think, and that we're more likely to see that when they think it won't hurt them politically. A great example of that is Romney in the 47 percent video and in the video that went around talking Mormonism with the guy in Iowa. I think those are two of the only candid Romney moments anyone's really seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good idea. Let's do the same whenever we hear about a politician doing the same in America.
    And how often does that happen in the US? We aren't exactly known for having our chief executives cycle back into the system. We generally give them a free pass to say whatever the hell they want after they're out of office, really.

And how often does that happen in the US? We aren't exactly known for having our chief executives cycle back into the system. We generally give them a free pass to say whatever the hell they want after they're out of office, really.
    It doesn't matter.

If you're openly racist, warmongering or think the United States should be a theocracy, it doesn't matter whether your political career is over, ongoing or hasn't begun yet. You don't deserve an office.

10+ Year Old Account
    We are attached to Israel for the same reason we are attached to England.

A lot of it seems like a way to throw some punches in the Middle-east region and toss blame to Israel because they are already hated. Not much Israel can do to make folks hate them anymore than they already do over there.

Then again, part of me thinks absurd things like how a collection of super wealthy folks from all over the world secretly control almost everything that happens on a global scale. But that would be crazy, unlike the insane shit that we see on a daily basis...
    I like sandwiches

Gingrich came back around. Oddly enough, the sane things he said while out of office (regarding climate change, for example) are what hurt him in the Republican primary.

---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 06:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by braxx View Post
    yeah, and the thing is they are everything but christian
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter.

If you're openly racist, warmongering or think the United States should be a theocracy, it doesn't matter whether your political career is over, ongoing or hasn't begun yet. You don't deserve an office.
    That's just, like, your opinion man.

Anyway, the man is a known warhawk shitbag and in this video we see him at his warhawk shitbag best. I'd probably be angrier if this was taken a couple weeks ago, but only because it's just disrespectful, not because it's revelatory. As long as he shows the proper respect while in office and doesn't let his lunacy drag the US into something awful, I really don't give two shits what he thinks in the privacy of his noggin.

---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 11:29 PM ----------

Gingrich came back around. Oddly enough, the sane things he said while out of office (regarding climate change, for example) are what hurt him in the Republican primary.
    Yeah, he did, but that's pretty uncommon.

Yeah, he did, but that's pretty uncommon.
    Romney was out of office a long time. I guess he always intended to get in though, so it might not be a very good example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Romney was out of office a long time. I guess he always intended to get in though, so it might not be a very good example.
    Not really, he was elected in 2003, left office in 2007, and ran for president in 2008.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems to me that a lot of you are angry because you know what he's saying is true, but you don't want the truth to be said aloud...

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    It seems to me that a lot of you are angry because you know what he's saying is true, but you don't want the truth to be said aloud...
    For my part, I'm angry because what he's saying is true and because I think he's an unethical dick.

I am pretty sure this will turn into another "blame The Evil Zionist Juice" thread.
    P.S.
    Israel is not controlling the USA or otherwise.
    They are allies, if you know what that means.