Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Resto Shaman T14

Worth getting?

The Two/Four set seems weak.

Maybe worth passing the tokens to others that get a better set bonus.

The 2pc is pretty good for fights where you need to tank heal (Heroic Grand Empress, namely). The 4pc is all but useless even if you aren't using Riptide glyph.

Remember that a change is coming to the T14-4 set bonus (probably in 5.1)

Item - Shaman T14 Restoration 4P Bonus Your Tidal Waves ability grants an additional 5% cast time reduction to Healing Wave and Greater Healing Wave, and an additional 5% critical chance to Healing Surge

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yopax View Post
    Can't see that in any patch notes whats the source?

Even with that change it's a weak four set bonus.

Tier sets should be going to DPS before healers anyway, but resto shaman have the stronger 2/4 sets out of all the healers with the exception to maybe the resto druid 2set.

If you think the shaman 4set is weak it probably means you're not using your riptide properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Tier sets should be going to DPS before healers anyway, but resto shaman have the stronger 2/4 sets out of all the healers with the exception to maybe the resto druid 2set.

If you think the shaman 4set is weak it probably means you're not using your riptide properly.
    I really think it is weak (The 4set bonus, the 2set bonus is just massive!). Especially when I consider my 10-man raid I am currently running (I can't really tell for 25-man where shamans are usually used for group healing)

. Usually, I only cast two spells (Having it active on both tanks and a third target in the group most of the time) before I use riptide again, so it is just useless.

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 11:26 AM ----------

Do you have any proof for this? This chance would be very welcome. 5% Haste or 5% crit on the main healing spells respictively which is active nearly all the time is VERY nice (and for sure a bit too strong compared to other 4set bonuses)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post

All of what you just said is terrible imo.

The usual rule for Tier is Tanks>Healers>DPS. This was the reason for my question on the bonus of the current Teir that maybe we should pass to dps first.

Druid two set is not great either. Shaman two set is ok I guess for ten man but won't effect 25 man much at all.

Saying your not using riptide correctly is why Shaman would think the 4set is weak is just stupid. Not using Riptide correctly would make the set stronger!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelami View Post
    All of what you just said is terrible imo.

The usual rule for Tier is Tanks>Healers>DPS. This was the reason for my question on the bonus of the current Teir that maybe we should pass to dps first.

Druid two set is not great either. Shaman two set is ok I guess for ten man but won't effect 25 man much at all.

Saying your not using riptide correctly is why Shaman would think the 4set is weak is just stupid. Not using Riptide correctly would make the set stronger!
    If the 4set bonus of the shaman stays the same, I will for sure pass it over to someone else. There are better items than the Tset items and I can not see any good in the 4set bonus at the moment.

Even for 25man the 2 set bonus is strong. It is still an additional 300k healing you get out of the additional tick. However form the 4set you gain nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Tepesch View Post
    If the 4set bonus of the shaman stays the same, I will for sure pass it over to someone else. There are better items than the Tset items and I can not see any good in the 4set bonus at the moment.

Even for 25man the 2 set bonus is strong. It is still an additional 300k healing you get out of the additional tick. However form the 4set you gain nothing
    Have I missed sumthing here? From what I thought the 2 set bonus only reduced the mana cost of ghw by 10%. Ive heard of nuthing about an additional tick. Btw like already mentioned I also read sumwer, i think on mmochampion that the 4 set will change to grant an additional 5% haste / crit

I really think it is weak (The 4set bonus, the 2set bonus is just massive!). Especially when I consider my 10-man raid I am currently running (I can't really tell for 25-man where shamans are usually used for group healing)

. Usually, I only cast two spells (Having it active on both tanks and a third target in the group most of the time) before I use riptide again, so it is just useless.

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 11:26 AM ----------

Do you have any proof for this? This chance would be very welcome. 5% Haste or 5% crit on the main healing spells respictively which is active nearly all the time is VERY nice (and for sure a bit too strong compared to other 4set bonuses)
    Then you are having a lot of downtime.

The 4 pc resto sham is a good one (although i think its 2 pc powerful not 4 pc). It basically lets you cast every spell with the tidal waves and have no downtime without being forced to use the riptide glyph for that.

The 2 pc is actually the weak one, since using HS gives you more hps than GHW. And with enough spirit, you can cast a lot of them, with HW been casted in low damage phases.

Deleted
    I am not a fan of the second set bonus, even switched out the pants for the MSV one that gives more gem sockets and Spirit. I'm not going to spend points on upgrading it from the start as I see it not being a real upgrade to regurlar epics. Fourth bonus does seem lovely...

I think you are confusing sets.

2pc: GHW costs 10% less mana.
    4pc: Tidal waves have 3 stacks instead of two (Note: After a riptide you have time for 3 single target spells before the cd of riptide comes back again)

I do agree other classes have better bonuses, but i think our 4pc is better than our 2pc.

The big problem with our sets is it does nothing to shaman's that need to raid heal, while they heavy improve those that have to tank heal.
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2012-11-19 at 12:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    I think you are confusing sets.

2pc: GHW costs 10% less mana.
    4pc: Tidal waves have 3 stacks instead of two (Note: After a riptide you have time for 3 single target spells before the cd of riptide comes back again)

I do agree other classes have better bonuses, but i think our 4pc is better than our 2pc.

The big problem with our sets is it does nothing to shaman's that need to raid heal, while they heavy improve those that have to tank heal.
    When will you guys realise the 4pc has been CHANGED?

2pc: 10 % less cost on ghw
    4pc: 5 % haste on hw & ghw, 5 % crit on hsurge !!

2pc -> pure shit
    4pc -> 5 % haste on hw? fuck yes.

edit: im pretty sure it was there somewhere on patch notes or blues...
    Last edited by mmocf17d6adc2f; 2012-11-19 at 01:04 PM.

Well, it should be running like this on the PTR:

http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/123135-i...ation-4p-bonus

http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=123135/...ation-4p-bonus

Quote Originally Posted by Puhree View Post
    When will you guys realise the 4pc has been CHANGED?

2pc: 10 % less cost on ghw
    4pc: 5 % haste on hw & ghw, 5 % crit on hsurge !!

2pc -> pure shit
    4pc -> 5 % haste on hw? fuck yes.

edit: im pretty sure it was there somewhere on patch notes or blues...
    Has been or will be?

Last i checked in game the 4 pc still gives you 1 extra tidal wave...

Also, its better to have 1 extra tidal wave than 5% haste on HW... so the change is actually a nerf, why would they do that?

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 10:08 AM ----------

Still dont know why they would nerf our 4pc...

With the current (5.0x) implementation of T14-4P, you would gain close to no value, if you are using the RT glyph and cast beyond 2 RT. 5% haste on GHW/HW is usefull both with and without the glyph, and especially if you a) tank heal or spot heal and b) play 10 man; probably less if you mainly cast HR and CH in 25 man (however, I would argue Resto Shaman's are quite strong here anyway).

And no, it is not live yet on production servers, but it is apparently on the PTR (hence the words "change is coming"). Would guess it would go live in 5.1.

With the current (5.0x) implementation of T14-4P, you would gain close to no value, if you are using the RT glyph and cast beyond 2 RT. 5% haste on GHW/HW is usefull both with and without the glyph, and especially if you a) tank heal or spot heal and b) play 10 man; probably less if you mainly cast HR and CH in 25 man (however, I would argue Resto Shaman's are quite strong here anyway).

And no, it is not live yet on production servers, but it is apparently on the PTR (hence the words "change is coming"). Would guess it would go live in 5.1.
    IF you are using the RT glyph.

But if you are NOT using the RT glyph, you would be getting A LOT more value than after the change.

So the current 4 pc without the RT glyph is decent. The ptr one, without the glyph, is lame.

No, its not good without the glyph, not even if you are tank healing or in 10 man. In both cases (tank healing and 10 man) the current implementation is loght years better than the ptr one.
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2012-11-19 at 02:31 PM.

Well; I do not really argue if the live or PTR implementation is best/worst. I just pointed out there was a change coming.

I think I prefer the PTR version though, as it speeds our hard-cast up and allow to move / re-cast faster. I rarely miss a TW, since on most fight you do a lot more than cast RT, 2x single target cast, repeat (or RT, 3x single target as the current version does). But sure, on some fights it would probably work (for some). Can't have both though

I only raid 10 man, and often tank heal. IMHO movement+healing is still our main challenge.

Well; I do not really argue if the live or PTR implementation is best/worst. I just pointed out there was a change coming.

I think I prefer the PTR version though, as it speeds our hard-cast up and allow to move / re-cast faster. I rarely miss a TW, since on most fight you do a lot more than cast RT, 2x single target cast, repeat (or RT, 3x single target as the current version does). But sure, on some fights it would probably work (for some). Can't have both though

I only raid 10 man, and often tank heal. IMHO movement+healing is still our main challenge.
    Theer are of course fights where movement and healing is very important, like blade lord or things like that, but i find many fights where you can station yourself in heavy damage phases, which are often not avoidable, or that when the heavy damage to the tank comes, you dont need much movement in the raid.

Of course, different healing styles might benefit from different versions, and choosing to have the riptide glyph or not already makes a big difference.

I dont like the riptide glyph, call me old school but i never saw my riptide and thought: "Wow, i hope they take this and give me a renew".

I do belive that in terms of HPS, the current one is far better than the ptr one and therefore i find it more usefull on heavy damaging phases, which are really the ones that should matter in the discussion.

Tier sucks ass for resto this time around, even with the changes the 2 pc is fairly pathetic, and the 4pc is...ehh.

Literally only gonna grab tier if it's my BiS, otherwise gonna pass it to the other 3 dps I share a token with.