10+ Year Old Account

Looking for a new audio card, need some insight

I am looking to get a new internal audio card for my PC. It needs to have outputs but I am unsure of if the digital audio outputs are better than the RCA outputs. What brand name is good in this area. I have zero experience with audio cards, so any insight would be much appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by cleveland4life View Post
    Most of them are hating with no real purpose, so yea. They will never stop. Hell MOP could be the best expansion, bring in 15 million more subscribers, redo the entire graphics scheme, introduce 5 raids per patch, introduce super duper hard mode, have garrosh die by thralls hand, destroy all gold farmers/botters, and have Illidan raise from the dead to be the end raid boss and people would still bitch and say BC was better.

Pretty much anything called "Asus Xonar" is good IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilarea View Post
    I am looking to get a new internal audio card for my PC. It needs to have outputs but I am unsure of if the digital audio outputs are better than the RCA outputs. What brand name is good in this area. I have zero experience with audio cards, so any insight would be much appreciated.
    What motherboard do u have? Are you using the onboard audio?

U could get pci-e x1 or pci sound card. Creative sound card are not bad.

Coaxial or Optical outputs are digital where as the rca or green, black, orange, blue are analog. Depends on what you will have your sound outputted to.

Digital sound is better.

Nowadays motherboards have pretty good onboard sound too.