Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down My Excitement For MoP Is Dying Down

I find myself logging on less and less because that new car smell is starting to finally wear off for me in MoP. I know a lot of people are still enjoying the game and sub numbers have even been pushed back up over 10 million but I myself am now currently searching for a reason to continue logging in/playing. I'm an Annual Pass subscriber until at least January.

- Dailies: This is one of the reason that I'm just losing excitement. For a month, I did every single one of them every day and queued for Heroic Scholo for a chance to get the staff which is a slight upgrade for me. I'm glad we're not just sitting around in town and the option of dailies are there but some of the dailies just feel too repetitive for me. I actually don't mind the following daily zones:

Valley of the Four Winds, Vale of Eternal Blossoms

However,
    Jade Forest, Karasang Wild, Dread Wastes and Kun-Lai Summit were just not places I could ever get excited about going to after a week of doing them.

- The Brawler's Guild: Yes, I know there's countless people talking about it right now and there's an official thread but this really heated me up when I saw the news for this. The way this was built up to be (for me at least) was that you would have a chance to prove yourself in Gladiator style solo-combat. It was an exciting opportunity to not have to rely on a group and rely on your own skills instead to win rewards or just to have bragging rights (no rewards necessary). Maybe a title or a little extra gold, I don't care.

Then, I saw the news that they were gating it so that only one person at a time could do it? Are you insane? Do you have any idea what a nightmare that's going to be when 100 people have an invite or when 1,000 people have an invite? How can this have possible even sounded like a good idea?

Then, I saw the news that they were going to put invites on their Black Market Auction House. While this is either a cleverly disguised test to find out the interest behind their "BMAH" or this is a piss poor implementation of a great idea in theory.

Is the Brawler's Guild changes the nail in the head for me? No, but it certainly was enough to piss me off because I was actually genuinely excited for this event. After spending so much time pugging and doing LFRs every week, I wanted a chance to win rewards or bragging rights based on my own solo game play. I liked that idea that if there was a wipe, it was my fault and I was likely doing something stupid.

- Raiding: This is one of those things where, I've just grown up a bit and I don't have time to devote to that lifestyle like I used to. Back in the Burning Crusade, I would play probably 14-18 hours every single day without doing anything else. Now, I wake up, work on my business, talk to clients, hop on and do dailies and if I have enough time, I might see if there's something going on but other than that, there's not much else I can afford to spend time to. This is why I don't purposefully join normal or heroic raiding guilds anymore.

Plus, the majority of normal guilds on the server are having such a hard time managing basic and simple concepts. Going from heroic raiding in BC with people who were aware of their surroundings and always spread sheeting their characters to people who die in fire, are never prepared, have no idea what's in store for first time fights and appears to have downs, I just can't do that. It would be like going from where I am now back to a minimum wage job. Plus the time spent downing bosses in those "normal" guilds is far longer than the time spent in Heroic guilds downing bosses.

I will say that they've done a great job with the raiding though.

- Leveling: While there are some areas of the game I don't mind leveling, because I haven't ran into many "World PvP" (AKA: Level 90s who are bored) yet, I still highly prefer dungeon grinding. I've done it god knows how many times but for me, it's still so much more enjoyable than leveling in the world. Leveling today consists of slapping on BoAs and power grinding through instances. I don't even dare try to quest in the Outlands, because there are so many 90s there thanks to CRZ that it's impossible to finish a quest on my server.

The only reason I even tried leveling in the 1-58+ world through quests was to help level up my guild.

- Guilds: This is another one which Blizzard poorly thought out. I'm talking about the perks. This has to be some of the most ridiculous thought up plan I'd ever seen. How did they honestly see this going? "Oh well, if players see that guilds will unlock perks at higher levels, they'll help level it"? I think anyone who has any idea of how this general online community is could have told them otherwise.

I saw this in chat today actually when someone posted their recruiting message for a 15 guild: "GTFO scrub no one wants to join ur non 25 guilds"

I'm currently leveling a Level 11 guild and the only way I have found to get people into it is to spam like holy hell and a couple people a day do join. It's not practical or is it friendly but it's the only way I'll ever see it level besides hiring friends who no longer play to make new characters and level through the world.

The guild perks instant gratification has to go if Blizzard ever wants to see SOME kind of community entitlement or reward for guild perks come back. Gaining instant access to guild perks makes no sense to me what so ever. Especially when Blizzard (ever since Sunwell) has been the king of gating/withholding content until a certain progression point.

Why not do the same with guild perks? Players should have to EARN their perks, not just be "Rewarded" for joining the guild. It's no wonder that no one wants to help out lower level guilds or join any non-25 guild when they get access to all those great rewards for nothing. Make Guild Perks based on guild contribution via experience and the lower level the guild, the lower the amount of contribution is needed. Perhaps even donating to the guild bank can give some guild XP. The second that the GM or an Officer withdraws money from the Guild Bank, that Donation experience factor is turned off to prevent repeatable turn ins for experience.

- LFR Loot System: This.. really gets on my nerves. As I said previously, I don't raid with a normal guild because I have no desire to go through that nightmare and I don't raid with a heroic guild anymore because I simply don't have the time that it would take to do so.

From what I have noticed about the loot system, it's just completely random. 25 people could win an item they already have or 25 people could win gold. I've won 11 sigils (i'm hoping there's a use for more than 10 of the same kind...) 2 x of the same belt, a trinket worse than mine, a back and some bracers. Now that sounds like a lot of loot but do you know when I won that? All in one week.. I decided to be a scumbag and AFKd all of the fights. To my surprise, the loot just kept coming.

Before this however, for every single week I was in the top 3 of the overall damage and DPS and found that I had only won ONE piece of gear since LFR was released. This reminds me of the Dragon Soul loot where usually the majority of the loot would end up going to the people who did 9k DPS. INB4 Tinfoil hat but I really feel like there is some kind of system here that rewards people who are doing their worst because the system thinks they need the gear the most. I like the idea of individualized loot like in D3 but making it completely randomized without any kind of bonus factors such as - not dying in AoE, being in the top 5 damaged dealers, top 2/3 for healers, tanks should get a bonus anyways just because they have to deal with the above.

- Challenge Modes: I really feel they overestimated just how many "hardcore" players were still left in the game or wanted those "BC Heroic" feels back. If I recall, even Blood Legion of Illidan only has 4 of the Challenge Mode dungeons done and they don't appear to attempt them very often. I've tried to form groups for the daily Challenge Mode but people get upset when it's not an AoE Fest and usually leave after 1-2 wipes. This was a great idea in theory, but it was way overestimated how many people would actually like this idea.

Back in Cataclysm, they did an amazing job with revamping all of the 1-58 content and I even enjoyed some of the leveling content (Go to hell Vashj'ir) but they just said screw it when it came to the end game content. I even enjoyed the heroics back in Cataclysm more to be honest. While the MoP heroics are a new change of scenery, I just don't find any joy or fun in doing them. In Wotlk/Cata, I would farm heroics for achieves or to relieve boredom and earn a little extra gold but in MoP, I find myself rarely touching them or having the urge to even want to do them.

That's why my MoP excitement is going down and I can't unsubscribe until January (something), I don't know.

Edit: I forgot to touch up on a couple of things.

Pet Battles: These really are funner than I thought they would be. They're great optional content for people who are still interested in the game and have nothing better to do until raid time/arena time/etc.

Valor Change: I wish they would STOP flip flopping on this. Either you want players to obtain Tier gear through badges or you don't. It just appears they keep going back and forth on who they want to appeal to. I actually saw no problem with obtaining great gear through non-reputation sources and having a valor vendor. So what if "casuals" have tier gear, the heroic raiders have superior gear. Let's say you pair up 10 casuals and 10 heroic raiders together and have them do an event that requires class coordination and skill, it's going to become painfully obvious which of those players are hardcore raiders and which of them are casual even if they're wearing the same gear.

I don't agree with the valor change and turning it into a rep grind to obtain ok-ish epic gear, especially since it costs 1/2 or 3/4 of your total Valor maximum cap.
    Last edited by KBWarriors; 2012-11-09 at 09:00 PM.

Blood Legion didnt attempt them because I got the server 1st on Illidan. Suck it BL.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ement#81:a6433

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lukerocks View Post
    Blood Legion didnt attempt them because I got the server 1st on Illidan. Suck it BL.

Who knows why they didn't. I actually find them fun but it was a gross overestimate of how many other players really wanted "BC Heroic" style heroics back. People are too accustomed to cloth tanking a boss or laughing at random mob swings.

Quote Originally Posted by lukerocks View Post

LOL. Raiding Rainbows is trash. Every top guild knows this. And you know it too, that's why you cling to 5 man achievements like they matter. LOL we laugh at your shit guild

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-11-09 at 09:35 PM.

In this expansion we're mostly doing the same old stuff: questing, dailys, dungeons, raids, PvP. Ofcourse thats what this games is, but after so much of playing, and experiencing every expansion, you'll get burned out a lot quicker than usual.

I'm currently getting bored pretty fast aswell, but I'm enjoying the hell out of some other games. Basically the only reason I still log in is to hang around with the guild, which isn't as big as they used to be since WotLK.

Deleted
    all good things come to an end !!! NO KING RULES FOREVER MY SON.....

ive played this game for too long now (4 n half years, but still not as long as some) and i cant enjoy it anymore like i used to. so many changes the last couple years, some good and some bad but heyhoo time to move on..

you can only do the same old shit for so long before it becomes a chore, even if it is good. it sounds like many people feel the same.. wow has had its day as THE DOGS BOLLOCKS... now its just same shit, different day..

so you either carry on and enjoy it or you dont

10+ Year Old Account
    Normally I avoid threads like this, but I actually like your train of thought. I don't necessarily agree with all that you said, but you presented them in a nice well thought-out way. I do think you got the concept of challenge mode all wrong though. Blizzard didn't 'underestimate' the number of 'hardcore' players - they are just giving those players something really hard to do. A vast majority of people will not see Gold medals in challenge mode - just as most of us will never step into a heroic raid and clear it fully.

I've tried to form groups for the daily Challenge Mode but people get upset when it's not an AoE Fest and usually leave after 1-2 wipes.
    That's the issue here; you are pugging something that isn't meant to be pugged. Challenge modes are for guild groups, or groups of friends who are committed to clearing those place - that is why they are difficult (on Gold).

Deleted
    That's alot of words for someone who is basically saying that he has outgrown the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh the only thing that's making me play less the is story tbh. I was really hoping this expansion would have some nice solid and diverse story for the Alliance, 5.1's really diminishing that hope very quickly.
    I'm considering playing Horde for a while to see if that will re-spark my interest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting perspectives. I actually play the game more. I have really enjoyed this xpac because of the story, the things to do, the continual feeling of progression. That's not to say that I get a little burnt out and go do something else for awhile. That is the key, balance.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Deleted
    While it's obvious you've taken the time to format your post and you're presenting your thoughts in a well presented manner you should have spent more time thinking your LFR part through because that's just ridiculous

Implying that there is some kind of system which rewards people perfoming poorly is just...wow. I mean you can't honestly believe this? What's next? Aliens are influencing the loot rolls? Come on man, use some common sense

It also tells me you're one of the people who wants the old system back so you can need on everything you want and distribute it to the people you deem worthy - thank god that's not possible anymore

Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    Who knows why they didn't. I actually find them fun but it was a gross overestimate of how many other players really wanted "BC Heroic" style heroics back. People are too accustomed to cloth tanking a boss or laughing at random mob swings.
    I loved TBC .. Like it was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good! 100% best wow expansion by a long shot. Adding 1 or 2 things here and there that are "BC" like with the game as a whole still being bad especially when its only prosthetic gear from "hard" won't get me to come back.

I find it funny how blizzard can't get their head out of the ground and just admit how wrong they were to ever change from TBC style raiding and gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooxi View Post
    I find it funny how blizzard can't get their head out of the ground and just admit how wrong they were to ever change from TBC style raiding and gaming.
    The problem is, that "ground" they're keeping their opinions in includes the praise of the vast majority of their player base. Almost nobody liked TBC's raiding style once they got well into Wrath. There's just a handful of very vocal, admittedly quite skilled, players that want those progression blocking walls back.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooxi View Post
    I loved TBC .. Like it was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good! 100% best wow expansion by a long shot. Adding 1 or 2 things here and there that are "BC" like with the game as a whole still being bad especially when its only prosthetic gear from "hard" won't get me to come back.

The problem is, they tried to please both sides of the party. It's really like trying to get both political parties to agree on an issue or getting brothers not to fight. You can't please everyone... it's a lesson learned the hard way and the closest they found to having a system-somewhat like that was Wrath of the Lich King. They had an amazing story backed by some pretty fun raids. Then they started implementing more and more paid features, more features to help casuals gear up and tried to balance out heroic/casual features. You honestly can't make a balanced casual/hardcore player game.

They think that whenever there's whining on the forum, something must be done about it. It doesn't matter what change or what feature you implement when you have a customer base of 10 million (12 million in wotlk), people are going to complain about it no matter what. There will always be those people who demand change that no one else is demanding. It's great that they listen to the people but when you run a company (a small or large) one, sometimes you have to tell people no and to suck it up.

Deleted
    Another topic like this, ehh... If you lose your excitement just stop playing instead of whining on forums.

You've played the game, doing the same things, over and over again every day for a month and wonder why you're suddenly bored?

Take a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    LOL. Raiding Rainbows is trash. Every top guild knows this. And you know it too, that's why you cling to 5 man achievements like they matter. LOL we laugh at your shit guild

Infracted
    lol, what a fucking nerd raging loser

What levelof Aspergers are we dealing with here for him to think you were being super serious, Luke?

Infracted. That didn't take long. You might want to read through the forum guidelines in case there's any confusion about what's acceptable and what isn't. Link to follow - ML

http://www.mmo-champion.com/faq.php?...les_guidelines
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-11-11 at 02:51 AM.

I've been on and off with Wow since it's release of Vanilla (did play the closed beta too).

With those 7-8 years of WoW. I keep getting bored really quick. I quit Cata 10 days into it's release, because it just wasn't exciting, nor fun wiping in 5man heroics (which personally I didn't find hard on my mage).

I will admit with Mist, I found the game a lot more enjoyable in it's first few weeks. But now it's begining to die on my interest.
    The leveling experience was horrible from 85-90. It would've been good if I paced myself, but I was rushing for first 90 in my guild.

Now, being end game level and wanting the best out of your character. You feel forced into doing things that are boring.

At first to get JP gear, it was get honored with the reps. Since that was nerf'd it helped out (but I was already decked in heroic 5man gear).
    Now, it's work for revered rep to get VP gear. Then you gotta work towards getting 90 lesser coins a week (simple to do).

VP comes in at such a slow pace, that you are doing heroic 5mans, dailies and LFR, till you manage to cap this too.

I just don't find the slow pace into progress as fun as I did back in Vanilla, or WOTLK. I lost the time to be hardcore, and more important things in life have taken priority. I don't blame WoW for being boring, or Mop being the reason I feel like I wanted to quit. It's just that you can only take so much of the same thing for so long.

First: TL;DR

I agree that dailies sucks.

there is a lot of Illidan hatred/drama going in here. I'm staying out of this one..

I really don't think WoW knows how to take advantage of its status, its fans excitement, and its fans expectations. All they know how to feed is the imaginary addiction they hope their player base has instead of all the other sensational human feelings blizzard fans shyly imply to be fed with.