10+ Year Old Account

Thinking about getting my warlock up to 90, question about specs

Hello, so i'm thinking about making my next 90 a warlock, i played one for a bit in Cata at 85, but i jumped onto him today and everything has really changed. I'm just wondering what will be the easiest spec to level with. Also what spec do you guys pvp/raid with?

I leveled and raid as affliction. People will swear by all three specs for leveling. Try all three and go with what you like.

In the process of leveling my Warlock, been doing well as Destruction.

10+ Year Old Account
    I leveled as Destro and Demo - both were effective. I didn't really like affliction while leveling for some strange reason.. since I raid with affliction and all. But still, there you go :P

I only pvp with Destro for the mad chaos bolts and such :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the replies guys!

Well I said I wouldn't level another, but I was looking at my character screen today and my poor lock looked back at me stuck at 85.

I will probably be levelling as demo with glyph of demon hunting, and see how it goes.

I like leveling Demo. Destro is fun too, but I find Aff leveling to be just boring as hell.

I just recently leveled my lock to 85, I tried affliction and thought it was boring, I never cared for demo in the past, I always liked destro so I chose that, it's pretty fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh. Another question.. What the hell pet do i use? There are so many now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elpalmo View Post
    Oh. Another question.. What the hell pet do i use? There are so many now
    Voidwalker if none demo, felguard if demo - or the upgraded versions if you have GOSUP.

As for spec, I always leveled as demonology until MOP, I dislike the way demo plays while leveling with the rampup demonic fury system - I much prefer affliction.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Voidwalker if none demo, felguard if demo - or the upgraded versions if you have GOSUP.
    Voidlord and Wrathguard, respectively.

I personally was/am a huge Affl fan, but even i could not deny demo is by far the superior leveling spec. First things to do is get two glyphs. demon hunting and Soul consumption. There is no reason to really not just stay in tank form with your fel guards threat pres on. When leveling i was pulling 20+ mobs and coming out with full health.

The way soul consumption works as demo is you get healed for 20% of your hp when you kill a mob in demon form. Oh and make sure you keep immo aura up as much as possible, it boost your dps quite a bit. Even at 90 i can still pull a good 15 mobs and aoe them down while doing dailies, DEMO is the way to go for questing/leveling.