Poll: Satisfied with your hunter?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    BM sucks, it really really sucks.

Not satisfied with hunter state at all our talents are retarded, one of the worst dpsers atm

Love the quality of life changes, a lot of stuff that shouldn't have ever been there (I'm looking at you non toggle trap launcher) has been removed.

DPS wise we have a lot of issues, I see us in a similar state to how Subtlety rogues were in Dragonsoul. If you know what you're doing, nail your rotation with 0 mistakes and get a bit of luck RNG wise you can do decent DPS, but the rotation is very unforgiving and one wrong choice (when you can literally use 6 damaging attacks or haven't kept up one of 3 buffs/dots) and your DPS goes to the shitter.

As a lot of people have expressed, it seems a lot of work to even make middle of the pack against equally skilled players of other classes.

Looking good guys, looking good...

http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_...default/#5bln1

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post

That surv line is drunk, doesn't know where its going.

Really want to know what caused the massive dips around the 21st in a number of classes.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    That surv line is drunk, doesn't know where its going.

Really want to know what caused the massive dips around the 21st in a number of classes.
    Its because another heroic instance was opened (Terrace) and it cause some disruption in statistics.
    But the picture painted is very clear; "Why do we bother playing hunters in PvE?"
    Last edited by Nelle; 2012-11-23 at 09:39 PM.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Its because another heroic instance was opened (Terrace) and it cause some disruption in statistics.
    But the picture painted is very clear; "Why do we bother playing hunters in PvE?"
    Because it's fun. Although I find it very sad that I am still topping the meter in my 10 man and only occasionally losing to our fire mage by a couple thousand. I just know that I could level up a boomkin or ele shaman, do just as much dps, and be way more useful to my raid.

I'm starting to realise where can all the "hunter class is fine, no need to change" quotes from Blizzard come from. Aside from strict hardcore raiding, we, with tidious CD-based (BM), RNG (SV), and quite nice but useless anyway (MM) rotations are forced to do our best every encounter, to learn those small tricks every hunter needs to grasp, with timing and stuff, to balance around... Most hunters know their class better then other class players, and with all this knowledge and experiance we kick so much ass our handicap in DPS is destroyed by our sheer skill. Therefore, we somehow can pull up to the top of the meter time to time, most of the time staying in high middle.

There again: Blizzard, if you wanna make BM viable, don't make it this cooldown based monstrocity, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    We don't know what he uses. For all we know our scaling with gear might take us up quite a bit again... or he needs to pass whatever he's smoking to every hunter to make up for this shit.
    does not scale well at later ilvl either, worse in fact i would say. im almost 500ilvl and the other classes, same lvl, just destroy my numbers. It was not like this beginning expan when we were all < 460ilvl
    I have always been on par with top parsers in guild, until this raid tier. we have 3 fights where our dmg doesnt suck, even when played at top performance. as far as competing for one of the top 5 spots, forget it. mages, dk's and locks will do better with less gear and a death or two:P

5.1 changes wont improve anything, as top hunters already know how to maintain constant dps while needing to constantly move anyway. I have a 96-99%ish uptime on most all fights, and get rocked by mages/locks with less then 70%.

fix SrS dmg and base focus regen. great start right there.

Hunters are a bit undertuned. I'd like to be a bit higher than what we are at now.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

I am curious, the people who voted Yes, what is your gear level? Cuz I voted, a few days ago, maybe 2, whatever. I voted no, but I got a flurry of upgrades and I find myself more satisfied with my damage output as my gear level goes up.

If I could, I would clearly change my vote to Yes today.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    but I got a flurry of upgrades and I find myself more satisfied with my damage output as my gear level goes up.
    Well yes, your damage will increase with gear obviously, but you need to compare your increase from X ilvl increase to other classes increase from X ilvl gain.

You'll find that as usual we scale really poorly like previous expansions, they fixed the "OPness in entry level gear" we had in the past but forgot to tweak the scaling as we gain gear it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    hunters are in a fantastically strong place right now, in pvp and pve.
    I lol'd.

/10char

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 03:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by baan View Post
    with our two mages nipping at our heals.
    Then you play with trash Mages, Mages and Locks are the best DPS atm, Mages by a fair margin.

At my level of play? Very satisfied PvE-wise.

On the PvP-side of things the concerns are more all around with PvP itself than with just hunters though I'd love for MM and SV to become competitive with BM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I voted no.

I think hunters need a slight DPS buff overall and I really dislike BM so that sort of kills playing hunters for me right now. Maybe when/if they buff MM I'll pick up hunter again.
    Hi Sephurik

BM feels like I'm working hard for shitty DPS. Needs a major buff and a re-haul to the mechanics of it.

Deleted
    So I spoke to Lazeili from Paragon alittle about what he thinks about hunters in Heroic content the other day. His reply? not too surprising.

[15:55:33] To [Lazeili-Lightning'sBlade]: Thanks for the runs
    [15:55:40] [Lazeili-Lightning'sBlade]: hehe no problemos
    [15:55:57] To [Lazeili-Lightning'sBlade]: hopefully hunters will get our buffs since we're bad atm
    [15:56:06] [Lazeili-Lightning'sBlade]: well atm we're just terri bad
    [15:56:13] To [Lazeili-Lightning'sBlade]: :C yeah i've noticed
    [15:56:15] [Lazeili-Lightning'sBlade]: enhanc with blue weps topped me on fights.
    [15:56:19] To [Lazeili-Lightning'sBlade]: O.o
    [16:13:27] [Lazeili-Lightning'sBlade]: Well, it was nice talking to you, Cya!

What really bothers me is what he said about enhancement with blue weps. I know Lazeili aint a bad hunter by any chance.

No, retarded pet AI issues, feeling focus starved all the time, like others said: working too hard for shitty dps, while others classes can faceroll to double my dps.

I love my hunter, but am unsatisfied with lack of transmog gear, not being top dps, and not having a win button. I will never be satisfied, but if I was I think I would quit. So I will search the lands for shaman off colors, for the rare trinket to boost me over mages, and for the cure to my loneliness. But that's why I play wow.

I am sort of conflicted about my hunter right now. On one hand, I love the QOL and mechanic changes that we have gotten that make playing a hunter a lot more fun. On the other hand, I hate the fact that hunters are only really good for gimmicky fights and/or fights where patchwerk style dps is warranted. We do not have any useful raid cooldowns like almost every other class does (mages might be the only other class), and we just aren't that useful. That is what I am disappointed with when it comes to hunters/my hunter. Mind you, this is coming from a 25m standpoint. I do not do 10m content on my main. In 10m hunters usually can fill a niche by bringing a specific pet, but that is still kind of meh to me in the grand scheme of things.

I talk to Methylene from BL quite frequently and we have chuckles/laughs about how unrequired (yea i made up a word) hunters are for pretty much every encounter. I have learned to deal with it for the most part, but it still irritates me when I look at how much utility AND dps that other classes possess. Luckily I have a cemented spot on the raid roster in my guild and get a decent amout of shine time even though my class is not optimal for a lot of fights.