10+ Year Old Account

Hunter UI help pls.

What do you recommend to show your most used skill in the middle of the screen? Have seen on many UI's (no matter the class) this type of setup.

So I would have my KC, BA, SrS, ES, Focus Fire etc shown as icons on my screen? I'm not the brightest crayon when it comes down to using complicated add'ons to customize skills so keep it simple pls .

Weakauras can do that for you. You just need to find somebody that did the coding for you and you can just copy and paste their info. I don't have anything set up for hunters atm so I can't help with the info. There are several ppl on this site that will certainly have some stuff for you to check out if you post in a few of the forums or ask some of the mods.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Or you can use a mix between button forge and tell me when? Button forge is like a simple addon wich lets u make bars etc. I use it so I can track the global
    and then tellmewhen is like a simple version of Weak/power auras. Easy to setup. Give me a PM and ill help you out. Just made one myself

My UI out of combat. It's ElvUI with JS hunter bar (hard to see out of combat) and recount only.

http://img.ledsplej.net/WoWScrnShot_111712_223814.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Very interesting. I am using ElvUI as well. Do you track anything special on you JSHB as well?

Deleted
    Could also use tukUI and just make the main bar massive and pull it to the middle? :P
    Or,well, bartender and dominos as well as pretty much any action bar addon will allow this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    Very interesting. I am using ElvUI as well. Do you track anything special on you JSHB as well?
    JS track everything you need as hunter SrS, BA, RF, BW, AMOtC also CC (traps, wyvern). To ilustrate this I will show screen in combat later.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know that u can put JSHB to track things you wish, but by default it has so much cr...p on it which kind of makes it too crowded. And well you cannot AFAIK make the buttons in the middle of the screen "click through" in ElvUI, that's why "drag-action-bar-to-middle-of-the-screen" is not my first solution.

tukUI=ElvUI to me, with the exception being that elvui is more easily configurable. As for drag in middle and done... It does not sort the issue as a) if it is too large it will start to annoy me b) I have other skills on that bar as well, which I don't need to constantly keep track off.

I guess to make things easier, tellmewhen is a good place to start. Maybe I config. my JSHB more.

Looking for some fresh ideas as I'm still leveling, it would give me plenty of time to get used with the layout if I need to raid on my hunter.

hey, I would also like to see some more input here, cause I'm also not happy with my UI.
    @op: there is an "post your hunter UI" thread allready, I guess you already gave that a glance?

I tried using weakauras to display the rotational important spells in the middle aswell as the focus bar, but as the standard-ui (an xperl) stuff is still there, I just keep on looking there, just out of bad habbit...
    (keep on rotating my vision on screen: topleft for HP/Focus, bottom for spells, and middle for stuff happening, thats just not efficient, stupid habbits...)

10+ Year Old Account
    I browsed through the pages. I found nothing that would suit me. It is either too simple and clean for me or well, bit weird for my taste.

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/954...2312095242.jpg

Here is mine and I use tell me when for all my Spell timers which you could easily move to the middle of the screen if you cared to

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks pretty nice Rasc. What's the thing called where your CD are displayed on the yellow bar?

I'm trying out tellmewhen, feels decent add-on and relatively easy to set up. I just need to figure out which spells should I have it shown to me . Thanks for the ideas so far.

What I did back when I used ElvUi (rocking blizz ui atm.) is that I took and extra action bar (e.g. bar 6) and made it only 5 slots wide.
    After that I placed it in the desired position and made the following macros :
    #show Black Arrow
    #show Explosive shot
    #show ...I think you get the point

And placed them in the slots. This ofc. makes them clickable with your cursor, if that is a problem for you then don't do it.

ps. 1 min of googling gave the following results:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ter-Setup-Help (2nd reply is a REALLY detailed guide on how to do it)
    http://www.megasmack.com/hunter-power-auras/ (Overall info and inports for powerauras)
    Last edited by Naaw; 2012-11-20 at 07:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    PowerAuras are great (I had those on my priest), but as far as I've read those are out of date and only work with some one's else patch for them. When I get home I can show you what have I done so far.

Deleted
    All y'all need a viewport there.

You can always go to huntmanslodge.com. Garwulf has his weak auras available. From the sounds of it, this might be what you are looking for, at least partially.
    Don't be elitist, it's a video game for crying out loud. Cure cancer, then you can be an asshole.