Thread: Worth a resub?

Worth a resub?

Hi,

I played SW:TOR from the start to about 1.2 patch. Now, I'm thinking of resubbing (2 months), as I've got more time to play (in the evenings mainly). My questions:
    1) Game performance: I have an older machine, I was lagging in WZs, sometimes on fleet. Have they fixed it yet? So there's no lags in crowded places?
    2) New things in game: are there any? I did couple of FPs, no operations.
    3) State of the game: is it worth resubbing? in your opinion? why?
    4) server change: can i switch the server once for free?

thanks,
    mallidar

try the F2P first is probably the best option, if you still like the game but want to get rid of the restrictions, go ahead and sub, if you think its practically the same as before you stopped, well you can still play free. and just unlock some of the things you need.

I was in the same boat, didn't really mind the game, but i wanted to pve and most ppl had done and redone all the ops by the time i had my first 50, so its not easy trying to find ppl that are actively doing them, if your preferred status you can do 3 or 4 hardmodes each week and 3 wz's, if you want to do more you gotta use the coins or sub. personally since i don't see myself ever getting to do ops in the game, and pve is my more enjoyable aspect of mmos, i probably wont sub i can quite easily play casual and probably not even use my weekly caps.

it all depends on how much time you actually want to put into the game, every free hour or just now and then.

This is a slightly tangential reason, but based on the CS forums, they appear to having a lot of issues with payments at the moment. Recurring subscriptions renew just fine but new payment methods can a) fail b) fail and bill you c) succeed and not deliver the goods.

If you are planning to resub, I would hold off on paying until the issues are resolved.

(and of course d) where all goes well but the number of technically 'fringe' cases seems to be alarmingly large and the response seems to be terrible)

And what about questions I've asked?

Unfortunately I can't answer any of them with authority because I started playing the game a few days ago.

I got 15 dollars worth of coins when I resubbed. So it was worth it just for that.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mallidar View Post
    Hi,

I played SW:TOR from the start to about 1.2 patch. Now, I'm thinking of resubbing (2 months), as I've got more time to play (in the evenings mainly). My questions:
    1) Game performance: I have an older machine, I was lagging in WZs, sometimes on fleet. Have they fixed it yet? So there's no lags in crowded places?
    2) New things in game: are there any? I did couple of FPs, no operations.
    3) State of the game: is it worth resubbing? in your opinion? why?
    4) server change: can i switch the server once for free?

thanks,
    mallidar
    1. i heard they have been in the past few month several improvement in the game engine. I can't say, i have a pretty good machine so i never had problem with the game performance, still don't. Loading time still annoying though.

2. plenty, especially if you quit about 1.2. I don't know what you're into. new FP (lost island) 2 new raid (denova and asation) both of them much more challenging that the 2 from launch (EV and KP). New warzone (denova), group finder for flashpoint and operation. 2 new zone for daily (black hole and section X). One new companion (HK). In pvp we are still in the pre season, i suppose they should open the season 1 for pvp ranking, they're really late on that one. They have promised a big "space project" but we don't know much about. And of course, we should be close to makreb and the level cap increase now. They also officialy promise pazaak (it's a card game like black jack)

3. depends what you want to do. Hard mode operation is interesting if you find a good guild, PVP is kinda same old, for leveling and class story, you don't really need to sub, just drop $5 to the cash shop to get to the prefered status, that would get you bank access, maybe buy an action bar or 2 and you good to go.

4. yes, it probably has already been done, since most of the old server have been taken offline, all the remaining character were forcily move to high pop mega server. You might be ask to change your name though.

Before you resub, I would definitely recommend checking out the F2P first.

If you are like me, the idea of playing SWTOR is more fun than actually playing it. Like the old saying "it's more fun to want than to have".

I got suckered into resubbing because of nostalgia reasons and all the attention the game's been getting due to the F2P. But as soon as I got back into the swing of things, I remembered why I left in the first place.

If you played from launch until 1.2, it is still the exact same game it was when you left it.

Performance is still awful; there's nothing new in the game aside from a new wazone, flashpoint and operation (exciting, I know); the state of the game is still the exact same, except now it's activity is inflated with F2P people who will be gone before the end of the month and no, you still can't switch servers.

So I would just log in and dick around on your character before shelling out $15 and regretting it.

Deleted
    Depends how much content you did previously, if you didnt do much then yes i would say it is.

For someone like me who has done all the content pre TFB, i dont think it really is, seems they've spent ages doing the F2P converstion and not too much on content, and if 1.5 is indicitive of their patches going forward the games in (even more) trouble, because one companion questline and a handful of dailies isnt enough content for a patch for another 6 weeks.

if thats how theyre pushing things and its one, FP, or Wz or HK/SX like item every 6 weeks thats just not enough got me, So i'm staying with it until i get bored of my alts and then i'll see what content they've put in at that time.