Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    Elemental shamans and shadow priests are the scum of the earth, from the perspective of a healer. When I was gearing up my holy paladin, I just votekicked every ele shaman I saw or left the group. Not worth it to go with a group where one of the DPS will be rolling against you on loot.

Nothing more frustrating than doing gate of the setting sun for the 20th time, only to see the *only* weapon available to a holy paladin drop, for the 10k dps elemental shaman to need on it even though he has a bunch of other options available to him; more efficient, and less frustrating, to get rid of them or spend the time doing dailies instead.
    Now you know how I feel when I'm in a heroic with plate dps and douchebag tanks that "need for OS".
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKoe View Post
    As Ele, you won't usually run into a lot of loot trouble other than weapons or if the healer is also a Shaman.

Go ask tanks how they like DPS whining about them rolling on 'their' items. I've already been kicked from groups for rolling on Exp/Haste items or such with my Prot Pally .
    Umm, haste for tank?
    I mean sure, something like Mastery/Hit(Exp) or so, but Haste?
    Also, not sure what's better for the group. Kicking the tank who already got his item and will get into next dungeon faster than his loading screen to world finishes and themselves waiting for 10+ minutes for new tank (who might do the same) or sucking it up and finishing with ninja tank...

I thought it's not as much trouble anymore. Though I remember spirit to healers first policy in my Cata guild. Being boomkin that was really ticking me off. Especially since they wanted me to have resto as offspec.

Edit:
    To the poster above me:
    1) get tanking gear (the 450 crafted is more than enough to tank heroics)
    2) queue as tank
    3) ???
    4) you just made the world better.
    Less plate dps dbags needing on my (main spec) dps gear when I'm tanking heroics. Faster queue (+ goodie bag) for yourself and one more tank (and one less dps) in the system to make queue times shorter for everyone. Seriously, plate wearers should be banned from running dps in heroics...
    Last edited by h4rr0d; 2012-11-19 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Then come a +hit gear, and he rolls Need on it, don't cry - even if it's for his off spec

Has to go both ways, and not a one way street for you.
    Wasn't aware healers had a talent that did a straight Hit-to-Spirit 1:1 conversion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously. Ele Shaman's are in the cozy corner... They really have only one class to compete with. Themselves.

Trinkets, Necklace... Moot point... That applies to all caster classes. Actually to all classes regardless, because dmg classes compete too for their gear.
    Shields. Sure, hella competition...... Paladins.

Start a list of the classes, assume their roles and write down their potential loot competitors. And then come with an analysis.

Then come a +hit gear, and he rolls Need on it, don't cry - even if it's for his off spec

Has to go both ways, and not a one way street for you.
    He wasn't rolling on off spec gear. Spirit gear is main spec gear for an Elemental Shaman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    Umm, haste for tank?
    Ya, Paladins go for Haste after the 7.5% Hit and 15% Expertise

Deleted
    Umm, haste for tank?
    Well every guide out there these days tells tank to go

Mitigation
    (Most valuable) Mastery = Hit (to cap) > Haste > Expertise >> Parry = Dodge (Least valuable)

Control
    (Most Valuable) Hit (to cap) > Expertise (to hard cap - 15%) > Mastery > Haste >> Parry = Dodge (Least Valuable)

So anyone following these builds will pick a haste item over a dodge/parry item, it's because MOP tanks now benefit from haste where they didn't in cata and you can't really blame them for going for the most valuable items after game mechanics have been changed just because some dps might get angry.

It's no different from when they introduced the Spirit=hit for elemental, Shadow, Boomkin and healers where freaking out, now most people eye-roll when a healer complains, and soon people will eye-roll when a dps complains a tank needs on haste/hit/exp/mastery gear with no dodge/parry.

Must be a paladin thing then, because according to EJ, for DK tanks it goes like this:
    Method 1: Prioritizing avoidance over accuracy:
    Enough health to survive the worst case scenario > Mastery > Dodge/Parry > 7.5% Hit > 7.5% Exp > Haste

Method 2: Prioritizing accuracy over avoidance:
    Enough health to survive the worst case scenario > Mastery > 7.5% Hit > 7.5% Exp > Dodge/Parry > Haste

Oh fun, so that gives tanks more reason to snipe dps gear from me.. Screw you guys, I'm going home.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Must be a paladin thing then, because according to EJ, for DK tanks it goes like this:
    Paladin and Monk tanks love haste. Love it right in it's sweet, sweet ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was doing a guild run, 4 of us, and we brought our newly 90 ele shaman. We got Siege of Nizao Temple and the first boss dropped Flashfrozen Resin. The mage that got queued with us complained that Ele Shaman didn't need hit because of spirit = hit.

This is a little different than what is happening to you. same whining was applied though.

Deleted
    People will whine about anything. You can roll on the gear. You can use the gear. If they really don't like it just put them on ignore and keep moving. It's really nothing new that people will whine and bitch when they don't get what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by wetnoodl View Post
    im getting sooooo tired of having asshat healers cry wine and bitch about me rolling on spirit gear. I was enhance all of the years before this so im new to this whiney ass crying that it seems like every healer so far Ive been with. Is it the same for everyone else?
    God I hate it wen that type of thing happens, I remember in both cata and wotlk wen i was healing and needed on pieces without spirit on I was yelled at. Drives me crazy

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Oh fun, so that gives tanks more reason to snipe dps gear from me.. Screw you guys, I'm going home.
    I didn't realize it was your gear before it had been rolled on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    yeah....it's tank gear :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Frankly, if we're talking 5-mans, there's no such thing as "MS" versus "OS". If you need it for a spec, roll on it. I'm usually nice enough to hand it off to someone who needs an OS piece I won for their MS, but that's because I'm a) nice, and b) don't really care much about my off specs. I wouldn't begrudge anyone keeping it.

It's heroic 5-man gear. It "mattered" for the first couple weeks, now it's for gearing up alts and offspecs.

Not had this once in MoP I have to say, had it a handful of times only in cata too. I can see why some people would have an initial problem but from my own experiance, with a quick explanation about spr = hit etc I found people were understanding (even tho still not happy as they lost a roll!)
    Keeping everyone happy is impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by jaykaywhy View Post
    Wasn't aware healers had a talent that did a straight Hit-to-Spirit 1:1 conversion.
    I was stating why you should be eligible for rolling on 2 types of gear [with and without spirit] while the Healer's stuck with competing for just spirit gear, genius... My point is if said healer WERE to roll Need on +hit/-spirit gear for the sake of it, for off spec, you shouldn't be complaining either.

If you don't have the decency of asking if it's alright, neither should the healer ask to get his off-spec gear and hit need for them... regardless of you needing them yourself.

i.e. - It goes both ways.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2012-11-19 at 06:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was stating why you should be eligible for rolling on 2 types of gear [with and without spirit] while the Healer's stuck with competing for just spirit gear, genius... My point is if said healer WERE to roll Need on +hit/-spirit gear for the sake of it, for off spec, you shouldn't be complaining either.

If you don't have the decency of asking if it's alright, neither should the healer ask to get his off-spec gear and hit need for them... regardless of you needing them yourself.

i.e. - It goes both ways.
    If you're making a distinction between main spec and off spec, then the hybrid caster rolls on both Spirit and Hit gear as main spec. Healers do not roll on Hit gear as main spec.

For heroic 5-mans, I don't see the point in making that spec distinction, but you're flat-out wrong if you think an Elemental Shaman rolling on a Spirit/Haste ring is anything like a Healer rolling on a Hit/Mastery ring.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they bitch, post the talent that shows spirit into hit, if they still bitch, say you cannot handle retards, then ignore them.