Thread: dps low?

dps low?

hello dk mates,
    my profile is Hazlik on eu server/aszune
    recently respec to DW, while doing hc my dps is around 50k, but before using 2H my dps is higher.
    is this dmg normal or low for my gear/spec?
    i know i need the legs enchant, and buckle, but besides any tips?
    to all my ty
    hug

I believe that 2h outperforms DW atm for frost DKs (someone will correct me if I am wrong I am sure), so I am not surprised if your dps has gone down a bit moving from 2h to DW.

However, if you are doing 50k in heroic 5mans in 469 gear.... I don't personally think that is low at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    In AoE fights DW is better, and in single target dps 2H is better. Dunno if I'm completely wrong, but with DW in HC's I'm doing approx 55k dps in single target and 60k with 2h with slightly better gear than yours

I also suggest you enchant / gem your gear. That should boost your dps (especially leg enchant) and suggest you gem haste before mastery.
    Last edited by Heksar; 2012-11-19 at 03:22 PM.

As i understands it dw is better (not by much) in both aoe and singletarget if you know what youre doing. Im however sticking with my big 2h mace for now, just love those + 150 k ob hits.

Deleted
    Anything more than 40k dps in heroics is good.

DW should perform better in any fight (aoe or single target) but it really comes down to your playstyle (I really hate BT and DW) and gear. In any case they are not far from each other (1k with ilvl 496) so play the spec you enjoy the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Heksar View Post
    In AoE fights DW is better, and in single target dps 2H is better. Dunno if I'm completely wrong, but with DW in HC's I'm doing approx 55k dps in single target and 60k with 2h with slightly better gear than yours

I also suggest you enchant / gem your gear. That should boost your dps (especially leg enchant) and suggest you gem haste before mastery.
    mate please correct me if i'm wrong, for DW isnt mastery priority to haste?
    thank you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scream123 View Post
    mate please correct me if i'm wrong, for DW isnt mastery priority to haste?
    thank you
    Correct.

DW = Mastery > Crit > Haste
    2H = Haste > Crit > Mastery

Quote Originally Posted by Veej View Post
    Correct.

DW = Mastery > Crit > Haste
    so my gem, reforge is ok?
    ty mate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veej View Post
    Correct.

DW = Mastery > Haste > Crit
    Fixed it for you

Everytime I see these threads about low dps I always want to ask "bro do you even lift?"

On topic: DW should be slightly ahead if played perfectly, but 2H will be marginally easier. Follow the gem and enchant tips here and see of that helps.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Everytime I see these threads about low dps I always want to ask "bro do you even lift?"

On topic: DW should be slightly ahead if played perfectly, but 2H will be marginally easier. Follow the gem and enchant tips here and see of that helps.
    It depends if you find swing timer monitoring vs. blood tap easier.

I would say swing timer. Personally.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Projali View Post
    It depends if you find swing timer monitoring vs. blood tap easier.
    You can still use BT as 2her. It sims a bit lower but you can delete your swing timer from addons' folder

Quote Originally Posted by Italiandk View Post
    You can still use BT as 2her. It sims a bit lower but you can delete your swing timer from addons' folder
    I have to disagree with you here. I found BT+2H a beast. (Also, you need the swingtimer for se when NOT to use FS, not because T5 procs) With BT you can use ALL of the KM procs on OB without any wait time, i found this gameplay the fastest and higher dps.

Other: When i tried DW i've simmed my stat weights and Simcraft said go for haste... Tried it and was lower dps than 2H so I've simply swapped the weghts of haste and mastery and I've done much more dps. I've also read something about this on simcraft forus i beleive, so maybe I dont remember correctly, but for DW the simcraft statweights somehow broken and in lower gear it prefers haste over mastery, but actually it's not better. Try both reforges and IMO gem for STR all the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarg View Post
    I have to disagree with you here. I found BT+2H a beast. (Also, you need the swingtimer for se when NOT to use FS, not because T5 procs) With BT you can use ALL of the KM procs on OB without any wait time, i found this gameplay the fastest and higher dps.
    I was referring to DW, that's why I said it sims lower. In fact BT, if managed properly, should be a dps increase over RE, even for 2H.

On the other hand you are right, you still need a swing timer to not waste a KM on FS, even with BT.

As for using ALL KM procs on OB I think it's not entirely true. After 15mins test on dummy I managed to get a lot of KM OB (more than I managed to get with RE) but I hadn't always enough blood charge to OB so I had still to wait or to use KM on FS (way less times than using RE) because of OB cd.