Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Those who gave birth to the Sha?

I was just watching videos about Sha on youtube, started listening to all the voices of the Sha, people were commonly making jokes about them sounding like old Bosses...but then some one pointed out something about the Sha of Violence.

"I will return...Caged....Voice of Illidan....This is very very exiting, Illidan is going to return in MoP by my theory because the sha can take control over anyone, Illidan was a hero but put down by his people, then after his entrapment he came out for revenge and he is mad and back in action to take over."

-Enrico Sitero

I know that Blizzard reuses voice actors very often, but it is something interesting to think about.

Lets say that Sha of Violence is the spirit of Illidan for some off reason.( Long stretch that it is.)

Who are the other Shas?

Compare his voice to this, especially the last part.

Last edited by DrIvoRobotnik; 2012-11-19 at 03:47 PM.

i dont want to discard your research, but man, how much free time must one have to come up with such?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that much TBH, was all really inspired by the comment i quoted from the video.

Deleted
    Well there's like a handful of voice actors for a 100 odd characters, similarities in voice are bound to occur. The Sha predate Illidan, they're linked to Old Gods. The caged comment refers to being bound to silence due to pandaren's strict teachings

10+ Year Old Account
    How long before the sundering did the Sha come in to existence?
    Because Illidan has was alive for a while before that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrIvoRobotnik View Post
    He was alive though, you're saying the Sha of Violence is his spirit despite the fact Illidan's spirit only left his body a few years ago
    Last edited by mmoc1f234b9ee4; 2012-11-19 at 04:00 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    0% chance.

If anything, my roommate came up with a better theory.

That the Warlock quests we're seeing are going to set up a split where some Warlocks become what we'll call the new Demon Hunter Hero Class.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    We don't know, they manifested after rituals of Shao-Hao. What hold them back then, why didn't they manifest earlier and almost everything about them, we still don't know. I think that in patch 5.3+ we'll discover these things.

15+ Year Old Account
    i thought the sha were the heads of the dead old god Y'sarj?? (or wateverit was)?

10+ Year Old Account
    No no, I'm saying like...who ever was the best suited in Azeroth at the time, would serve as an imprint, an avatar, an echo.

Think like stem cells. (Cant believe I'm making an odd comparison as that, but only thing I could think of.)

There should be Sha of Community, I'm sure WoW's community created most of them.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If we're to see Illidan again I imagine it won't be until the inevitable 'Burning Legion Invasion' expansion. Not during MoP.

the sha of fear sounds like the guy who voices Starscream in TF: prime show.
    Starscream:

Sha of fear:
    Last edited by mordale; 2012-11-19 at 04:35 PM.

Sha only manifest itself physically when strong negative emotions are expressed on Pandaria.

Pandaria has been cloaked in magical mists ever since the Sundering, which is why Illidan cannot have been there.

I feel it's safe to assume that (for whatever is causing it - Probably Old God related) Sha manifestation only started after the Sundering, because otherwise there would've been old myths and stories and documentation of it occurring before.

So how did you even get Illidan into this hypothesis other than it may be the same voice actor? Nothing said in the first video you linked is specific to Illidan, and is completely specific to the Sha of Violence.

"I will not be caged again" - Violence has been over-come before, but the Sha is refusing to submit once again.
    "The Shado-Pan could not stop me, neither shall you" - The Sha of Violence took over the Shado-Pan Monastery, which is why you go into there as a five-man dungeon.
    "Another violent death" - Pretty self-explanatory. When-ever the Sha of Violence kills a player, that's what he emotes.
    "So long as violence lurks in your hearts, I will return.." - His/its death emote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it was mostly that their voices are very similar, and the caged line.

Illidan has been alive before the sundering...but nah your right, its a weak theory, but wouldnt that make the Sha way more interesting?

Instead of it just being "Rawr, we are the embodiment of emotions, and everything bad~ Behold the 7th Sha, The Sha of IBS~"

They were manifestations of specific fallen heros, that were plagued by, and had to over come these specific emotions the most?

I suppose its roughly the same outcome, but atleast its better then just "Hia, were here." or that they oozed out of the old god.

Illidan has been alive before the sundering...but nah your right, its a weak theory, but wouldnt that make the Sha way more interesting?
    Short answer: No.

How the hell reusing some arbitrary hero (instead of say, giving them their own proper story line) can be more interesting than quite disturbing and interesting concept of "be chill and cool or be mind raped"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, yes giving the sha their each proper story line would be better, Im saying the junk I came up with is better then just...being there, or oozing out of an old god.

I dont exactly have much respect or care about creatures that were literally excreted by a multi-dimensional being.

Deleted
    OMG SHA OF FEAR IS ELDER GOD

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, yes giving the sha their each proper story line would be better, Im saying the junk I came up with is better then just...being there, or oozing out of an old god.

I dont exactly have much respect or care about creatures that were literally excreted by a multi-dimensional being.
    Actually, the story of the Sha makes a lot more sense that whatever you came up with, which basicly has nothing to do with the Sha. It exaplains and shows perfectly why the Old gods cant be killed, because it would be WORST than to just imprison them, as showed with the Sha, the land would be cursed and utterly devastated as shown even more clearly in the Dread waste. Your theory is cute, but doesnt really fit in with the story presented with the Old God that was KILLLED, not ''excreted'' as you delicately put it.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2012-11-19 at 05:04 PM.

I was just watching videos about Sha on youtube, started listening to all the voices of the Sha, people were commonly making jokes about them sounding like old Bosses...but then some one pointed out something about the Sha of Violence.

"I will return...Caged....Voice of Illidan....This is very very exiting, Illidan is going to return in MoP by my theory because the sha can take control over anyone, Illidan was a hero but put down by his people, then after his entrapment he came out for revenge and he is mad and back in action to take over."

-Enrico Sitero

I know that Blizzard reuses voice actors very often, but it is something interesting to think about.

Lets say that Sha of Violence is the spirit of Illidan for some off reason.( Long stretch that it is.)
    The sha's are remnants of and old god killed, not spirits of mortal beings.