Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Illidan was one of the worst main characters Blizzard has ever come up with. I mean, I get why he's so popular. He looks cool. Nobody understands him. He thinks he's just doing what's best for everyone around him even though none of them get it. More than anything else he just wants the love of his family and friends. He's dark and brooding. He's every emo kid's wet dream. But he's an awful, awful character with no development beyond, "RAAAAAR DEMONS BAD!" and it would be the most terrible setback of all Blizzard setbacks if he were to make a return.

Hell, he wasn't even the end boss of what was advertised as his own expansion.

(And before anyone points out the complete and utter incorrect notion that somehow people cling to as truth, he was never intended to be the end boss and SWP wasn't added at the last second because WotLK wasn't ready, as people continue to assert. The entire narrative from start to finish in that expansion was about the Burning Crusade, not Illidan. Including Kael'thas flat out saying that his true master was coming to Azeroth and we would soon meet him before Black Temple was even released. People who just don't understand the lore and just saw Illidan was commanding demons couldn't tell the difference and started that annoying, annoying idea that SWP was a bandaid and Illidan was always supposed to be the end boss.)

Not to mention, nothing about your idea makes any sense what so ever.

Quote Originally Posted by DrIvoRobotnik View Post
    Well, yes giving the sha their each proper story line would be better, Im saying the junk I came up with is better then just...being there, or oozing out of an old god.
    Well, they have proper story for that concept. It seems that you simply didn't bother to check it out.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i dont think the sha and illidan will have any correlation in this expansion. i rather think illidan will make some sort of comeback in the next burning legion themed expansion to be the trainer of the new age super awesome demon hunters.

ok really demon hunters are not very interesting to me, but i suspect that if illidan does/were to make a comeback itll be during this type of expansion, not MoP

edit : forgot to mention, the sha are some sort of manifestation of an old god that was killed back when the titans were intially on azeroth, if i remember right. i may have time frame wrong, but im fairly certain the sha are just the remanents of an old gold. the fact they have the same voice actor is just coincidence in my opinion.
    Last edited by dokilar; 2012-11-21 at 07:35 AM.

Inferring that Illidan has something to do with the Sha because their voice actors sound alike is like inferring Thrall, Varian and Deathwing must all be triplets cause their voice acting is all done by Metzen. Also, Illidan was *never* a hero of the Night Elves. He squealed to Azshara about the attack on her palace in the final push to close the Well. It got Tyrande captured and nearly killed. That is why he's called Betrayer, the first of many betrayals of his own people.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    Illidan was one of the worst main characters Blizzard has ever come up with. I mean, I get why he's so popular. He looks cool. Nobody understands him. He thinks he's just doing what's best for everyone around him even though none of them get it. More than anything else he just wants the love of his family and friends. He's dark and brooding. He's every emo kid's wet dream. But he's an awful, awful character with no development beyond, "RAAAAAR DEMONS BAD!" and it would be the most terrible setback of all Blizzard setbacks if he were to make a return.

Hell, he wasn't even the end boss of what was advertised as his own expansion.

(And before anyone points out the complete and utter incorrect notion that somehow people cling to as truth, he was never intended to be the end boss and SWP wasn't added at the last second because WotLK wasn't ready, as people continue to assert. The entire narrative from start to finish in that expansion was about the Burning Crusade, not Illidan. Including Kael'thas flat out saying that his true master was coming to Azeroth and we would soon meet him before Black Temple was even released. People who just don't understand the lore and just saw Illidan was commanding demons couldn't tell the difference and started that annoying, annoying idea that SWP was a bandaid and Illidan was always supposed to be the end boss.)

Not to mention, nothing about your idea makes any sense what so ever.
    i too have never been a fan of illidan. i think his character development is what they intended to try and do with garrosh. this sort of misunderstood person who did whatever it took to help his people. unfortunately they just fucked garrosh's story up and had to abandon it. but i think metzen and his lackeys (i dont mean this in a negative sense) like to play that sort of dark knight story a little too much. illidan, kaelthas and arthas were all similar in their ideas. doing whatever necessary to help/save their people and ultimately being corrupted or failing/refusing to see the bigger picture.

tldr - i just never enjoyed illidans campaign missions, arthas' were tolerable as they seemed to have put more focus onto him and kaelthas' were short enough in number to merit the time he got, being an expansion character and all.

according to what info can be gleened from what's coming in 5.1 it appears sha existed well before shao-hao, since the mogu made a bell that could manipulate them back when the pandaren were still their slaves. the question is why was shao-hao possessed by the greatest forms of each sha

Deleted
    I say no, i mean the ilidan might be as old as them he is 14k, that is back to before anything really. but what gave birth to the sha? bad emotions, and the fact that pandaria is a more or less living land

Shao-hao did take the emotions like fear,anger,Violence etc out from this body and place them in ground it self sealed like were temples are or statues where the were cast out. And seem sundering broke them free from seals.

That "the sha of violence" says that he is coming back is not a surprise... as violence is something that is present in all the races of wow; so killing that sha permanently is impossible.
    now as far as speculation goes:
    The sha of violence seems very likely the one to infest Garrosh.
    So I think that sha will be back in the Siege of Orgrimar is some form or maybe just as Garrosh.