Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ghost recon online..not sure it's even still alive but man, they blew it...Had sooo much promise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    0) FPS generation: i hate this genre and it's killing video games imo

its only because people (including me ) pay for it. most people hate change, devs dont want to risk doing something to new and revolutionary, best to stick to what they know people like and will keep paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Debatable, they did Knights of the old republic 1+2 very well
    That's debatable as well. Knights of the Old Republic was hyped up as really awesome games. I tried them, and found them to be rather crappy. Same with every Elder Scrolls game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    That's debatable as well. Knights of the Old Republic was hyped up as really awesome games. I tried them, and found them to be rather crappy. Same with every Elder Scrolls game.
    the main problem with elder scrolls games are they ship a bugged and mostly broken game, and then expect the users to fix them. at least that was my experience with Skyrim.

it was a great game, but i constantly had to be googling how to fix a bugged quest, or npc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Debatable, they did Knights of the old republic 1+2 very well
    Bioware did not do Kotor 2
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    Well as everything is subjective then everything is debatable right? I mean I found Starcraft to be rather crappy but that is just personal opinion, just like yours is.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post

3) The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Hate where the Zelda series is going. Just keeps getting worse. Although Majora's Mask was a worthy follow up from OoT. Wind Waker was OK. Would of been excellent if it wasn't cell shaded. Twilight Princess was poor. Haven't even bothered playing Skyward Sword as I sold my Wii. I don't know why Nintendo insist on using the Wii controllers for every game. Should be like the Kinect. Maybe the Wii U will bring Zelda back into the right path.
    What. The. Fuck?

I totally agree. Wind Waker was probably the single worst zelda game ever made, and was a total waste of development time and my own money. And you choose to bash the one good and interesting thing about the game O_o

Well, each to their own.

God I hated that game.

Had nice graphics though.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

For me i have to go with

SWTOR
    Zelda: Skyward Sword
    Wow: MoP after initially loving it daily fatigue ruined the experience ah well roll on next exp pack .

Deleted
    for me it was:

Driver: San Francisco (loved the first game, but this "sequel" was awful ...)
    Age of Conan
    and well ... i thought of a third one, but it just lost me ^^ sry

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    What. The. Fuck?

I totally agree. Wind Waker was probably the single worst zelda game ever made, and was a total waste of development time and my own money. And you choose to bash the one good and interesting thing about the game O_o

Well, each to their own.

God I hated that game.

Had nice graphics though.
    Wind Waker is one the best Zeldas ever made.

Now if you had said Phantom Hour Glass, I would of agreed.

Well.. since the title was changed, I have to change my answer, since I actually listed a failure and not a disappointment (SWTOR) but okay, apparently according to mods everyone in the thread was listing personal disappointments. Not sure how SWTOR was a personal disappointment since I give fuck all about Star Wars, and I predicted failure since EA was part of the entire thing.

Cataclysm
    The Sims 3 Ambitions: OH BOY, YOU FINALLY GET TO GO TO WORK WITH YOUR SIM. Shiit, been wanting to do this since Sims 1!... Wait? You can only go to work with a select few new jobs...? Talk about shit expansion.
    Harvest Moon Tale of Two Towns (specifically the 3DS version which cost more, and the game would freeze)
    Phantom Hour Glass
    Paper Mario Sticker Star (from what I hear...)
    Pokemon Diamond/Pearl
    Warhammer Online (ugh.. just ugggh..)
    Last edited by Digglett; 2012-11-25 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    So much hate for SWTOR, and here i am, playing it as i write and enjoying it.
    SWTOR wasnt a failure, Galaxies was a failure.
    I feel same way about FFXIV. Yeah it had a crappy launch, really bad launch. But I enjoyed it alot once the improvements began and looking forward to the relaunch of A Realm Reborn.
    If a game entertains me, and I have a fun time, to me personally the game is a success. If it makes me want to shut it off after a few hours and never want to play it again, it's a failure. People can talk as much trash about the games I play, and I wont care as their opinions doesnt change how I feel when I play a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Now if you had said Phantom Hour Glass, I would of agreed.
    What? Fuck no, it was a good game. Now Spirit Tracks...

Also (now i've power back and can reply to several pages back) You expect a game to have a larger playerbase than the established MMO of the market in less than a year? Especially when you don't have the character investment you have in your current long established game.

Also yes, I expect WoW to extend to the F2P model further, I'm waiting for F2P to L60, possibly 70 and a subsequent extension to 80. They'll put limitations on the account so you can't advance too far quickly, or for people who use it to make 60/70 alts to do vanilla/TBC raid groups for nothing.

IIRC you get TBC for free now when you create a WoW account. I can see Blizzard extending its F2P level cap as the game gets further up the numbers.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

1) Final Fantasy FFXIV number one biggest disappointment of all time ever.
    2) Civilization 5. Seriously what the hell.
    3) Elemental: War of magic - even the developers admitted they thought the game was terrible.

The worst part is I basically got all these games at the same time. I was a pretty pissed off player. Didn't buy any games for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    What? Fuck no, it was a good game. Now Spirit Tracks...
    Well, to be fair Spirit Tracks is bad too.

Also, I guess I should of specified more, probably expecting SWTOR to build as much subs as WoW has in 8 years is unfair, I should of specified a little more and went on to say it should probably of made more subs than WoW did during Vanilla, or something to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    2) Civilization 5. Seriously what the hell.
    Really? What's wrong with Civ 5? I quite like it

1. Cataclysm
    2. Battlefield 3 ( Not a bad game, but I won't support DICE/EA any longer
    3. TOR ( I really wanted to love it)

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Really? What's wrong with Civ 5? I quite like it
    Play Civ 4 a few times then play civ 5. Civ 5 is so freaking boring. Civ 4 is a much more in-depth and intelligent game.

Deleted
    1. Final Fantasy X-2,XII,XIII
    - I dont think I need an explanation. Most people who played Final Fantasy titles prior to these do understand.
    2. Resident Evil 4,5,6
    - Too much change. I love the games when they were slow and not action packed. I like to compare the old RE more to the original ALIEN movie and the newer ones to the Transformer movies. (Though the may not be as bad as I make them out to be and I enjoyed playing RE4 still they do lost something very unique)
    3. Diablo 3
    - After hitting level 60 and clearing Inferno the game was lost. Im playing again with the new paragon system and Im enjoying it, but before 1.0.5 this game was hat really no end game content.

I have to say that I really do hate change in Video Game. I am more the kind of person who does prefer if games stay the way they are when they are really good. I know the developers do like change to not get bored, but I would rather pay 200$ for a FFVII/VIII Remake with HD graphics and no change in the story and system at all than a new Final Fantasy in the likes of FFXII and beyond for free.

/edited to prevent people from overreacting
    Last edited by mmoc5405551c01; 2012-11-26 at 02:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenEnergy View Post
    1. Final Fantasy X-2,XII,XIII
    - I dont think I need an explanation. Everyone who played Final Fantasy titles prior to these does understand instantly.
    2. Resident Evil 4,5,6
    - Too much change. I love the games when they were slow and not action packed. I like to compare the old RE more to the original ALIEN movie and the newer ones to the Transformer movies. (Though the may not be as bad as I make them out to be and I enjoyed playing RE4 still they do lost something very unique)
    Normally I wouldn't call someone out for a difference in opinion, but you went ahead and included a sweeping claim, so here I am. FFXII was an amazing game. Most of the true final fantasy fans that I've spoken to over the decades loved it as well, however, the younger "fan" who jumped on during FFVII tends to dislike it. It wasn't moody or dark enough for them. For me, it was an absolute treasure just to be able to explore the "Ivalice" setting.

Also, you're literally the first person I've ever seen (ever as in since the game launched) who actually disliked Resident Evil 4.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Normally I wouldn't call someone out for a difference in opinion, but you went ahead and included a sweeping claim, so here I am. FFXII was an amazing game. Most of the true final fantasy fans that I've spoken to over the decades loved it as well, however, the younger "fan" who jumped on during FFVII tends to dislike it. It wasn't moody or dark enough for them. For me, it was an absolute treasure just to be able to explore the "Ivalice" setting.

Also, you're literally the first person I've ever seen (ever as in since the game launched) who actually disliked Resident Evil 4.
    First of all I am okay with people who like games I dont like. Although I have to admit I am in shock right now for more than one reason. The most shocking thing is probably your indirect attempt at insulting me for not being a true fan and being young. But since neither is true I think I can let you get away with this one, because you dont know me in person. The second thing that shocks me is actually putting final fantasy XII in the same sentence as "absolute treasure". I do hope in all sincerity that you do mean this more in comparision to all games in general (e.g. battlefield, call of duty etc.) than to the likes of REAL treasures(e.g. FFVII, Zelda OOT etc.).

Secondly I did never say I disliked RE4. It was just a disappointment for me, because I really liked the old RE titles where you do play in a slower pace like reading a good book. RE4 is more directed towards the generation that wants to play fast, action packed games that do allow you to play them even if you are drunk or high and still have a good time. That does not mean that they are bad. Just that the target audience of the game shifted out of my realm of expectation.

PS: I do hope you pay more attention to what you write next time. Some people might actually be more offended than I am. I guess i just hit on a raw nerve when I talked about FF XII, a game you like more than I do.

/EDIT

Nevermind Ive scrolled trough the pages and I saw you trolling before in this thread. I guess i just fell for a troll.
    Last edited by mmoc5405551c01; 2012-11-26 at 02:44 AM.