Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Warhammer
    Age of conan
    Duke Nukem Forever
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

3. SWTOR: No LFG system in game made it so i couldnt experience most dungeons.
    2. Halo Reach: Armor abilities ruined the halo online experience for me
    1. Any EA Game: For starting the trend of having online passes for video games

Deleted
    This thread should be "top 3 games I don't like".

Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    Amem brother... How I wish right now they had just lazilly copied and pasted Diablo 2 into Diablo 3....
    This many times.

Its not so much that Diablo3 havent improved slightly since its launch, it has, period. But compared to Diablo2, witch BTW still has like 10k players every day constantly, its nothing but a huge fail. I tried play Diablo3 again since 1.0.5 launched, made it to around paragon level 25, and I cannot log into the game anymore and enjoy it. It simply aint worth it.

On the other hand I still keep my old non-ladder account + mule alive, both of them are years old. And let me tell you...if Blizzard would just update Diablo2 with better resoulotion, ban hammer on spamming/dupes, and some balancing, Id be so game again, even trough I did everything the game possibely has to offer.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Yes yes yes, and its still the fastest selling PC game of all time and one of the most popular and played online games on the PC at the moment.

So all in all a great success.
    It is true. Diablo 3 sold like water. But I give the merit more to Diablo and Diablo 2, and Blizzard reputation, than to the game itself.

I myself got the game without even thinking, and told every single friend of mine to rush and buy a copy. Well, I just say, thank god I didn't pay for the game (Annual Pass FTW)

It indeed is one of the most profitable games ever. A HUGE success, financially, yes. Blizzard got money all over their arses with the game.

But, is it still popular? Do a lot of people still play it, like they did soon after the launch? More importantly, can Blizzard fix the damage done to the Diablo franchise? I honestly don't know.

I myself probably won't buy an expansion. Unless there is another Annual Pass coming hehehe.

Deleted
    Call of Duty after the awesomeness that was CoD4.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Wolfenstein, the game that practically invented the First Person Shooter genre?

Yeah, the door is over there. Go through it, then close it behind you.

Seriously, most of the people posting here seem to only have played a handful of games. You don't have the knowledge to contribute it seems.
    Pretty sure he meant the 2009 remake, that would make more sense. At least I hope he did...

Quote Originally Posted by mrbadxampl View Post
    cannot understand the hate for Old Republic, honestly; sure it's gone f2p, but then so have many other games; sure it had some pretty annoying flaws early on, but again it's not alone there; I know a lot of people like to do pvp content, but I don't, so if there IS a problem with that I wouldn't know, sorry... if your only definition of "success" is "making WoW vanish and sustaining their absurd number of active subs" then isn't pretty much EVERY game a "failure"?
    As a big fan of the original Star Wars canon, I played the Decipher card game for some 6 years until about 2001. I loved the lore, loved the expanded universe, Shadows of the Empire, etc. SW:TOR was insulting for several reasons:

1) Shitty graphics: These graphics are only good by WoW's abyssmally low standards. The character models were average at best with very little customization (though some were very pretty). The armor design was some of the worst I've ever seen in any game ever. The environments lacked creativity, style, and soul. Everything about the look of the game reeked. The problem here was that it was OBVIOUS that they were making a strictly commercial game with low system requirements; in 2012 there's no excuse for WoW to look like polygons and pixels, and there's no excuse for TOR to look like Gumby 3D.

2) No innovation whatsoever: Hooray! A literal wow clone set in a semi-star-wars universe that manages to be slightly better animated but altogether uglier! Again, this utter lack of imagination was offensively pandering. They figured that if they made a star wars themed wow that wow players would just jump ship. The problem was that instead of jumping ship, they figured "if it's the exact same, why not just keep playing wow?" You gotta bait the hook to get people to bite.

3) Did I mention it was fucking ugly?

Yes yes yes, and its still the fastest selling PC game of all time and one of the most popular and played online games on the PC at the moment.

So all in all a great success.
    So is Jersey Shore, a great success viewer wise, so is Pitbull, so is Nicki Minaj...you really wanna go that way?

1. SOCOM: Confrontation and SOCOM 4. The most fun franchise on the PS2 became a horror on the PS3. These games did not feel like good old SOCOM at all, but like a big pile of poo. Besides the graphics, SOCOM 2 feels much more modern then the PS3 versions, they simply made 10 steps back in gameplay. For example, grenade throwing. This was done excellent in SOCOM 2. It would let you trow with your left hand or right hand, you could adjust the trow distance and speed with button pressure, and even when you trew, you could still adjust you throwing distance, position, etc. In confrontation, if you would lean left, your character would trow a grenade, not adjustable after you initiated the trow, and the dumb fool would trow the grenade with his right arm against the wall you standing. And this is just 1 out of million points.

2. Rollercoaster Tycoon 3. 1 and 2 were great games, but part 3 was just meh, it lacked the fun of maintaining your park.

3. Perfekt Dark Zero on the xbox 360. Perfekt Dark on the N64 was so awesome, this 360 game was just horrible, no Elvis, no Farsight = crap game.

Deleted
    1) WoW- Cataclysm

Cant really name the other 2 because even though I agree with a lot of posters here about failures, I either knew before they were going to be bad or they didn't interest me in the first place so I never even tried them.

If I had to say 2 more, Id go with Warhammer Online. I expected more from it to be honest and Dragon Age II. It wasn't a bad game, most of the improvements and changes were great and I have no regrets about buying it but it could have been better.

If you can't post constructively as to why a game was a failure, then don't post at all.

lol diablo 3
    ^ Example of a non-constructive post.

Also (and I don't know if some of you have noticed yet), opinions vary. Just because someone's opinion differs from yours, that doesn't make it wrong (or right).

10+ Year Old Account
    Final Fantasy XII
    I was a huge Final Fantasy fan, played nearly all of them (but not finishing most *ahem*). I loves the battle system from FF X, X-2 was okay, never touched XI because it was an MMO.
    Then FF XII was released. First, it was placed in Ivalice, which I get to know first from Final Fantasy Tactics, which is one of the greates Tactical RPGs ever released with such a great and dark storyline. Sadly, this one takes place in another Ivalice (like that godawful Final Fantasy Tactics Advance). But that's not the main problem. The real problem is the battle system. A mix of active battle as you can run around - but you still have to wait to do something? Also you can't evade the attacks - why can I even run around?
    I played for 2 hours and never touched the game again. The battle system is so damn awful, it's not fun in any way, shape or form.

Probably the one and only game which I really regret buying.

Deleted
    SWTOR is the biggest failure for me. I can't believe how much I supported it before launch and how much I bashed the critics, only to discover they were right all along.

In this gen i would say

1: Fable 3
    2: Dungeon siege 3
    3: Mafia 2

my TOP 3 games would be

1: DA Origins.. (combat is abit funky but the game is so awesome)
    2: Uncharted 2 ( got platinum on it and it was FUN getting it ! )
    3: TES:Skyrim ( with all the crashes and clitches....But i can forgive it)

The games that didnt deliver for me, but are still great games are. ( I realy wanted thise games to be great !! )

Uncharted 3, SWTOR, Mass Effect 3, POP, Portal 2, Dota 2, BF3, KoA: rec, Dead island, DA 2,

The facts are that Diablo 3 was the fastest selling PC game of all time, and a game that hosts a very healthy playerbase and has been extremely financially successful. Being overhyped or not living up to everyones (far too high in most cases) expectations does not qualify for calling one of the most successful games of the year as being a "top 3 biggest failure".

Diablo 3 has been anything but a failure, even if your personal opinion of the game is low, it has been a massive massive success.

I would be surprised if 10% of the people who bought D3 still logged in. Why cant you see past the sales numbers and see the actual game? It was horrible at release and didnt get better until months later. But by then it was too late. Almost everyone had quit playing it. Im willing to bet my house you played a DH and thats why you couldnt see the massive bugs that made the game unplayable for the other classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dense View Post
    Warhammer: age of Reckoning
    Clayfighter 63 1/3 - that game killed my christmas
    Fallout 3 - the game itself is good, but i got a cut version (german child protection bullshit laws, game rated 18+, still cut)
    dont bitch if its a cut version then you couldve gotten it from amazon or something instead

my biggest game fails though not really hyped was two worlds army of two merc 2 battlestations midway and i forget what else i got were complete shit oh and all sequels and all prequels list could go on but thats enough for a supposed "top 3" easy awnser : 90% of games are complete shit
    Last edited by Achaman; 2012-11-19 at 11:20 PM.

square-enix games cept for deus x

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Sorry OP: you simply trash talked without substance and the latest developments.

I hate that people trash talk without facts and think their non informed opinion is world truth.

Disgusting actually.
    I played at launch so how can you say Im not saying facts. I speak from my own experiences in game. Its disgusting that you cant let other people have opinions on the game. Obviously Im not a alone either as tons of people in this thread have also said D3.

Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    It is true. Diablo 3 sold like water. But I give the merit more to Diablo and Diablo 2, and Blizzard reputation, than to the game itself.

I myself got the game without even thinking, and told every single friend of mine to rush and buy a copy. Well, I just say, thank god I didn't pay for the game (Annual Pass FTW)

It indeed is one of the most profitable games ever. A HUGE success, financially, yes. Blizzard got money all over their arses with the game.

But, is it still popular? Do a lot of people still play it, like they did soon after the launch? More importantly, can Blizzard fix the damage done to the Diablo franchise? I honestly don't know.

I myself probably won't buy an expansion. Unless there is another Annual Pass coming hehehe.
    Well that's why I was so pissed by your previous post.... AND the OP above

Those who DID play the 1.04 and certainly the very good 1.05 patch already know the answer: it is a good game NOW.

To me it brought me something I didn't know it could happen: I gave WOW up for weeks now (since patch 1.05).

I am not saying WOW is less, but it certainly gets played less by me and some friends.

Why ? Diablo 1.05 brought a magnificant new mechanic in both leveling and end game (leveling in hardcore with MP 10 is pretty exciting, playing the end game with adaptable MP 1-10 is simply a perfect dilemma since it is directly related to your success rates in getting keys to craft the machinery...).

You don't even know those craftable Legendary Rings are ... BIND ON ACCOUNT even... Go figure./

While YOUR opinion was formed by playing D3 for 2 weeks at launch. So you have no clue - even it is your opinion - it is no longer based on the present day game experience.

That's what I really really hate about forums: they are infested by "NON ACTIVE players" as in no longer playing the LATEST game mechanics.

--- And you should have known better with Blizzard ---> as the success of Blizzard was ALWAYS about their further polishing of their new games by PATCHES.

WOW at launch in its first 3 weeks was hardly playable because of the servers.

After 12 months it was the most successful game in history (money wise).

I am not saying D3 is a new WOW, but all am I saying: play the damned thing before repeating what noob kids copycat/cry from the internet (like the OP just did).

And there are MASSES playing Diablo 3 because it doubled its Xfire sessions after patch 1.05. The IN game new groups forming are very stable at the moment, so with 20-30% playing you ARE talking about at LEAST 2-3 million players. Which btw is confirmed with Xfire samples : D3 has around 60% of Western WOW players on Xfire. So I guess that covers it.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-11-19 at 11:30 PM.