Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Rift][Guide] Ok, so you're 60, what now?

Ok, so you're 60, what now?

End Game Currencies
    There are a few currencies here, however all are spent in Tempest Bay. If you are at the Portcullum and look east, to the left is a curved set of stairs. This is where all the vendors for currencies are and Hunt Rift vendors as well. This will henceforth be referred to as the "vendor room."

Empyrial Sourcestone
    Earned by completing Carnage Quests, Instant Adventures and defeating rare an powerful enemies.
    Mostly useful pre-60 for upgradeable leveling gear and leveling Lesser Essences, available from Adventure Dealer and Lycini Planar Goods vendors respectively, they still have some uses at 60.

The Adventure Dealer offers good gear for leveling, most of which is upgradeable to 54. One piece is upgradeable to Level 57 though. It is Shoulders for all classes except Rogue for some reason who gets Chest.
    This gear is close to useless at 60. Gear from Questing in Morban is much better than any of this.(**Thanks Seatin**)

The Lycini Planar Goods vendor offers a few things of note as well.
    Runes for your Sigil/Machine that raise a particular Resist stat by 50. Requires Decorated. These may be needed for encounters in raids, not sure yet.
    Lesser Essences with Air, Death or All Resist. Level 51 and 56 versions. 51 requires Friendly and 56 requires Decorated.
    These Essences are also near worthless. Green Essences acquired from Invasions and Rifts are much better. (**Thanks Seatin**)

The Torvan Planar Goods vendor sells similar item to Lycini.
    First item of note is capes of level 50 and 56. 50 requires Friendly, 56 Decorated.
    Resist Lesser Essences for level 51 and 56. Both require Friendly.
    These Essences are also near worthless. Green Essences acquired from Invasions and Rifts are much better. (**Thanks Seatin**)

Infinity Stone
    Earned by completing end Game Carnage Quests, Instant Adventure, Hunt Rifts, Dailies in Ashora and Steppes of Infinity and defeating rare and powerful enemies.
    This is the true level 60 Currency. There are 4 vendors that sell items for these.

The first is the World Gear Merchant.
    The gear set offered by this merchant is roughly equivalent to 59/60 Dungeon drops(**Thanks Bizar**). Once fully upgraded is roughly equivalent to the Expert Dungeon drops.(**Thanks Primalthirst**)
    This gear is prohibitively expensive to upgrade and should probably only be used as "filler" gear if you just are not getting drops.
    There are enough drops from running regular dungeons to reach hit/focus/toughness caps unless you are a cleric tank, so you should not need to spend any of these on gear.(**Thanks Tublim**)

The exception to this rule may be the weapons. If you upgrade the weapon it has a set bonus. The other weapon that goes with it is a drop from the final boss in an Expert Dungeon. The only one I know about for certain is the Necroscalpel that I believe I got from Archive of Flesh. A lot of this gear, when upgraded, also has set bonuses activiate by the Synergy Crystals. You can mix and match this with the gear from the Expert Vendor, and may be worthwhile if you cannot run Experts with regularity and have the time to farm Infinity Stones more than hitting your 7 Experts.

The Lycini and Torvan Planar goods vendors also offer level 60 versions of the previously mentioned items that cost Infinity Stones.

The Synergy Crystal Vendor also in the "vendor room."

There are 5 different Items that I would suggest you use these stones to buy**Thanks Seatin**)

Synergy Crystals
    Epic Planar Essences
    BiS Cape (Requires Glorified with Torvan Hunters rep)
    Great Hunt RIFT Lures
    Raid RIFT Lures

Empyreal Slayer's Mark
    Earned by completing Daily Expert Dungeon Quests.
    Level 60 Expert Gear. Offers a 2 and 4 set bonus that requires a Synergy crystal to activate, the set bonus is pretty much all cases is quite a hefty boost to your output, 4 Marks can be gotten per daily expert charge, you also have an additional chance to get a bonus 1, The initial expert gear however is fairly cheap ranging from 17-27 Mark's(**Thanks Seatin**)

Frozen Eclipse Stone
    Earned by defeating enemies in Raid Dungeons.
    Dropped of raid bosses, Frozen Eclipse stones are used to buy raid gear that has both a 2/3 and 4 set bonus which can be accessed via using an epic Synergy Crystal.

Triumph of the Dragon Queen (10 Man) = 3 Marks x 4 Bosses = 12 Marks, adding in the guild perk of a chance to get an additional mark = 4 Extra marks, Maximum amount of Marks that can be obtained from this Dungeon = 16

Frozen Tempest (20 Man) = 4 Marks x 4 Bosses and 1 Mini boss = 20 Marks, add in guild perk, Maximum amount of marks = 25

At this current point in time a maximum of 41 Marks/week can be gained. In 3 weeks time however Endless eclipse comes out, which to the best of my knowledge will probably have around an extra 25 marks that can gained per week.

The gear that you can buy from marks can be infused from items that drop from Hardmode Encounters + Crucia + Regulos to make Relic gear. Although Hardmode encounters are not yet available.
    (**Thanks Seatin for this entire section**)

Reputations and Rewards

Eternal City Survivors
    There are 2 Quartermasters that have identical stock. One in the Ursin Grove Bunker and the other in Southwall Bunker, both in Eastern Holdings.
    There is one Daily inside Eastern Holdings, a drinking game.(Whiskey>Whiskey>Water>Whiskey>Water>
    Whiskey>Water>Whiskey>Water>Whisky works for me)
    You can turn in 3 Coldflare Octopus or 3 Kraken Hatchlings (both are blue quality fish ) to Johry Vennade In Tulan in Cape Jule (out on the docks).(**Thanks Acquiesce of Telara**)
    seems like there should be more dailies or another way to gain rep, if anyone can tell me where I'd appreciate it
    Neck Runes - +35 Primary Stat/+19 Endurance

Caretakers of Necropolis
    Quartermaster is located in Necropolis, SW of Port.
    Dailies located in Steppes of Infinity near Zerzala Port.
    You can turn in 3 Dusken Eel or 3 Emerald Flycatchers (both are blue quality fish) to Lou Vennade in Tuldio Retreat in Pelladane. (**Thanks Acquiesce of Telara**)
    Belt Runes - +35 Primary Stat/+19 Endurance

Qaijiri
    Quartermaster is in Nurjak Vostra, south of Port
    Dailies in same area
    Cape Runes - +35 Primary Stat/+19 Endurance

Torvan Hunters
    Quartermaster in "vendor room" in Tempest Bay.
    Notoriety gained by doing Hunt Rifts and Daily Hunt Rift Quest.
    Capes
    Lesser Essences with Resists

The Lycini
    Quartermaster in "vendor room" in Tempest Bay.
    Notoriety gained by doing Onslaughts.
    Sigil Machine Runes
    Lesser Essences with Resists

Level 60 Activities

Zone Events
    Zone Events in Steppes of Infinity, Ashora, Kingsward(**Thanks Tublim**)and Mordun award 10 Infinity Stones and 10 PA XP Crystals, along with other random Planar Rewards. Lower level zones may award a lesser amount of Infinity Stones as well. If you are not busy and these pop up it is worthwhile to go out of your way to complete them, just for the Infinity Stones. Some events reward extra Infinity stones based on phase participation and completing certain objectives, I will compile a more accurate list of what invasions give bonus stones as soon as I can get a bit more information, to the best of my knowledge tho the Volan event can award around 20 Additional stones and the Army of wind one can award up to 10 additional stones, for being there from the beginning and assisting with all the objectives.
    (**Thanks Seatin again for the bulk of the information here**)

Daily Quests
    There are Dailies in Ashora at the Nurjak Vostra that give Qaijiri Notoriety and Infinity Stones.
    There are Dailies in Steppes of Infinity at Zerzala Port point that give Caretakers of Necropolis Notoriety and Infinity Stones
    There is a Hunt Rift Daily, basically close 3 Hunt Rifts, available in the "vendor room" in Tempest Bay.
    There is a Daily Raid Rift quest, available in the "vendor room" in Tempest Bay.

Cairn Hunting
    Cairns are hidden mounds of treasure that are located commonly in high/hard to reach places of Telera
    To the best of my knowledge there are 28(**Thanks Acquiesce of Telara**) cairns in Storm Legion.
    (**Thanks again to Seatin**)

Onslaughts
    Sort of dailies but deserve their own category. Once you have done all the dailies you can continue to run for Planarite. Possibly the best source of Planarite. The daily quests available at each one in Ashora and Steppes give Infinity Stones along with the invasions having a chance to offer them as a reward and as a possible reward from opening puresource.

Here is a map showing locations of the different Onslaughts which offer Infinity Stones as rewards for the dailies.
    onslaught_dailies.jpg
    (**Thanks to Aethys for letting me use the map he created, here is a link to original: http://www.aethys.eu/en-various/is-o...es/#comment-12 **)

Instant Adventure
    Instant Adventure can be done at anytime. You get decent PA XP and Planar Rewards including Infinity Stones. At least doing the daily and the 14 each day that offer extra rewards for queuing Random may be worth it. A good idea if you only have 30 minutes or so to log on, get a few done, log out.

Rifts, Hunt Rifts, Great Hunt Rifts and Raid Rifts

Minor/Major Rifts
    These are the ones you run across all the time while out and about. They come in 2 varieties. Minor which are typically solo-able at level and Major which are the same thing but all the mobs are elites. Typically requires a group but has slightly better rewards. These are really not worth doing unless part of a Zone Event. If you are going for rewards you are better off farming Hunt/Great Hunt Rifts or Onslaughts.

Hunt Rifts
    These are required to do in order to move on the the Great Hunts. They occasionally open in the world by themselves, though are normally opened with a Lure bought in the "vendor room" in Tempest Bay. Some of the Lures require Torvan Hunters Notoriety to purchase. Hunt Rifts are soloable, though they scale with the number of players present and it is generally worthwhile to run in a larger group. The more people, the more invasions, the more rewards.

General Strategy for all Hunt Rifts is, DPS the adds, DPS the boss, stay out of circles. Be sure to attack adds attacking the conduit or trying to set up foothold during their respective phases. When the boss is up some bosses have a reactive shies. Some people say melee stay away, some people say don't DPS when shields are up. They are wrong. DPS Adds if there are any around then DPS Boss, no matter what.

Great Hunt Rifts
    There are 5 Ranks to Great Hunts. You must complete each of the Hunt Rifts to get an achievement allowing you to purchase Great Hunt Rift lures. You can still participate and gain achievements for Great Hunts if someone else opens them.

Rank I - Designed for 2 players minimum, but will scale.
    3 Phases-
    ~Build 1 Tower
    ~Defend the Tower from planar invaders
    ~Defeat the boss

Around the edge of these RIFT's are turrets, you can power these up to make the Invasions harder, during the boss phase you need to power up the cannons and drag the boss to them to remove the stacking shield that the boss puts up

Rank II and III - Designed for 2 Players minimum, but will scale.
    3 Phases
    ~Build 3 Towers
    ~Ensure at least one of the towers survives
    ~Defeat the boss

Again around the edge of these RIFT's are turrets, you can power these up to make the Invasions harder, during the boss phase you need to power up the cannons and drag the boss to them to remove the stacking shield that the boss puts up.

Rank IV and V - Designed for 5 or more players, More info coming soon :>
    (**Big Thanks to Seatin again for most of the info in this section**)

Raid Rifts
    There is a quest for the Daily Raid Rift available in the same room you buy Hunt Rift Lures. There are 3 Raid Rifts.
    Crucia's Chosen
    Mutant Progeny
    Undying Hunger

Dungeons
    These are a good way to start gearing up for Experts, along with doing any and all of the above.
    Strats to all the Dungeons can be found here: http://rift-mmorpg.com/

Experts
    You must have 300 Hit/Focus and, if you are a Tank, 300 Toughness. Once here start saving Empyreal Slayer's Marks to buy the Expert Gear set. You may want to wait to get a couple drops first then buy these to replace lowest pieces, however, the set bonus activated via the synergy crystal for this set is a large boost. Outside of Raiding, this is probably the best upgrades you can work on getting.
    Strats to all the Dungeons can be found here: http://rift-mmorpg.com/

Raids
    Currently only one tier. Requires 400 Hit and, if you are a Tank, 400 Toughness. More than likely not going to be PuGs at this stage of the game. If you want to run these, you should probably be in a guild. This is really as far as this guide is intended to go. If you want to raid at this point and are not in a guild, I suggest looking for one. There are several ways to go about this:

There is a Looking for Guild Tool in your Social Menu in-game. This is an ok tool, though wish it had a few more options like raid times. You can at least use it to browse around and contact guilds for more info.
    Guilds that are actively recruiting quite frequently spam in Level 50-59 and as soon as more people are there 60 chats. Keep an eye on it and talk to some of the people spamming.
    There are guild recruitment threads on the official forums. A great place to check if you are not finding anything on your particular server and are willing to transfer.
    If none of that works you can always spam yourself. Say what class/role you are, what kind of guild you are looking for and preferred raid times. Please do not spam too much, as that will more than likely get ignored. IMO anything more than once every 10-15 minutes is impolite.

may add links to strats later, would like to assemble a list of consumables so people know what they are expected to have. Any info on what consumables are best for who would be great.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You sonofa.... damn. Beat me to spending lots of time typing. Good job so far! The, at least dungeon marks, can be seen when you hit i and check out random expert SL dungeons.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Added info about Eternal City Saviors.
    Added a section for Zone Events
    Added a section for IA.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 12:53 AM ----------

Removed Infinity Stones as a reward from dailies in Ashora.
    Noted that Zone Events in Kingsward also reward Infinity Stones.
    Better info about World Event Gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post

End Game Currencies

Empyrial Sourcestone
    Close to useless I don't think I've used them for anything other than buying 2 pets, gear you get from Questing in Kingsward+ Morban is much better than pretty much everything you can buy from these, also Green essences that drop from level 60 Invasions and RIFT's are a lot better than any you can buy from these

Infinity Stone
    Earned by completing end Game Carnage Quests, Instant Adventure, Hunt Rifts and defeating rare and powerful enemies.
    This is the true level 60 Currency.

There are 5 different Items that I would suggest you use these stones to buy:
    • Synergy Crystals
    • Epic Planar Essences
    • BIS Cape (Requires Glorified with Torvan Hunters rep)
    • Great Hunt RIFT Lures
    • Raid RIFT Lures

he gear is a tad wasteful due to the high cost and the fact that is is slightly worse than expert and crafted gear, the only scenario in which I would suggest buying gear is possibly to get into experts slightly faster if you are having trouble finding drops with enough Hit/ Toughness

Empyreal Slayer's Mark
    Earned by completing Daily Expert Dungeon Quests.
    Level 60 Expert Gear. Offers a 2 and 4 set bonus that requires a Synergy crystal to activate, the set bonus is pretty much all cases is quite a hefty boost to your output, 4 Marks can be gotten per daily expert charge, you also have an additional chance to get a bonus 1, The initial expert gear however is fairly cheap ranging from 17-27 Mark's

Frozen Eclipse Stone
    Dropped of raid bosses, Frozen Eclipse stones are used to buy raid gear that has both a 2/3 and 4 set bonus which can be accessed via using an epic Synergy Crystal.

Triumph of the Dragon Queen (10 Man) = 3 Marks x 4 Bosses = 12 Marks, adding in the guild perk of a chance to get an additional mark = 4 Extra marks, Maximum amount of Marks that can be obtained from this Dungeon = 16

Frozen Tempest (20 Man) = 4 Marks x 4 Bosses and 1 Mini boss = 20 Marks, add in guild perk, Maximum amount of marks = 25

At this current point in time a maximum of 41 Marks/week can be gained. In 3 weeks time however Endless eclipse comes out, which to the best of my knowledge will probably have around an extra 25 marks that can gained per week.

The gear that you can buy from marks can be infused from items that drop from Hardmode Encounters + Crucia + Regulos to make Relic gear. Although Hardmode encounters are not yet available.

Level 60 Activities

Zone Events
    Zone Events in Steppes of Infinity, Ashora and Kingsward award 10 Infinity Stones and 10 PA exp crystals on Completion. Some events reward extra Infinity stones based on phase participation and completing certain objectives, I will compile a more accurate list of what invasions give bonus stones as soon as I can get a bit more information, to the best of my knowledge tho the Volan event can award around 20 Additional stones and the Army of wind one can award upto 10 additional stones, for being there from the beginnig and assisting with all the objectives

Great Hunt Rifts
    There are 5 Ranks to Great Hunts.

Rank I- Designed for 2 players minimum
    3 Phases-
    ~Build 1 Tower
    ~Defend the Tower from planar invaders
    ~Defeat the boss

Around the edge of these RIFT's are cannons, you can power these up to make the Invasions harder, during the boss phase you need to power up the cannons and drag the boss to them to remove the stacking shield that the boss puts up

Rank II- and III - Designed for 2 Players minimum
    3 Phases
    ~Build 3 Towers
    ~Ensure at least one of the towers survives
    ~Defeat the boss

Again around the edge of these RIFT's are cannons, you can power these up to make the Invasions harder, during the boss phase you need to power up the cannons and drag the boss to them to remove the stacking shield that the boss puts up

Rank IV and V - Designed for 5 or more players, More info coming soon :>
    I added/changed a few things based on my personal experiences, change the wording how you like <3

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    I added/changed a few things based on my personal experiences, change the wording how you like <3
    Thanks!! I know you are super busy clearing World Firsts right now. I appreciate you taking the time to come and help out with this. I have updated the guide with all this info.

Deleted
    Thanks!! I know you are super busy clearing World Firsts right now. I appreciate you taking the time to come and help out with this. I have updated the guide with all this info.
    No worries dude, your doing a great job!! I'll probably at some point when I've got a bit more information Re-format it and change it around for a people who are more interested in diving into raiding asap and do my own version, which will be pages and pages long with loads of video's, and will ensure that know one will ever run out of things to do in RIFT. Ever. in the World.

One thing I'd suggest is if we can compile all the locations of Cairns, that would be useful as I believe that they can drop some pretty nice stuff when your 60!
    Last edited by mmoc318c19303a; 2012-11-21 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    No worries dude, your doing a great job!! I'll probably at some point when I've got a bit more information Re-format it and change it around for a people who are more interested in diving into raiding asap and do my own version, which will be pages and pages long with loads of video's, and will ensure that know one will ever run out of things to do in RIFT. Ever. in the World.

One thing I'd suggest is if we can compile all the locations of Cairns, that would be useful as I believe that they can drop some pretty nice stuff when your 60!
    This is gonna sound bad, but what are Cairns?

Also, yeah, this was not necessarily aimed at people who want to get into raiding ASAP, more just for general use and casual players. It's why I am trying to complete it before most casuals are even 60.

Deleted
    This is gonna sound bad, but what are Cairns?

Also, yeah, this was not necessarily aimed at people who want to get into raiding ASAP, more just for general use and casual players. It's why I am trying to complete it before most casuals are even 60.
    Cairns are hidden mounds of treasure that are located commonly in high/hard to reach places of Telera

Pulled this picture off google of one located in Silverwood~

To the best of my knowledge there are 16 (I think?) Located across Dusken and Brevane

Thanks again Seatin, added a Cairn Hunting section to Level 60 Activities.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 12:29 PM ----------

Someone found this map of onslaught locations and posted it on the official forums. I am wanting to add it to the guide but asking the creators permission first. In the mean time, here is a link:http://www.aethys.eu/en-various/is-o...es/#comment-12

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 01:37 PM ----------

Fixed a few spelling errors, changed a couple words, had too many extra lines in one place I removed, added to the raiding section a bit.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 08:55 PM ----------

added link to site with Regular and Expert Dungeon Strats!!!

just wondering no word about pvp and the race to rank 80?^^

Quote Originally Posted by Myray View Post
    just wondering no word about pvp and the race to rank 80?^^
    I could put a section un Level 60 Activities for PvP, however, people are not really normally confused about PvP. Jump in WFs and PvP, gain ranks, buy PvP gear with Favor. Perhaps when CQ goes back in I will add a short PvP section though.

Deleted
    This is a very nice guide! well done

Lower level zone events at lvl 60 still give Infinity stones. Currently with the bonus 1 that we are getting, you're getting 4+1 for each of those. This is compared to the 10+1 of the higher level zones. So lower, but still not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Laikai View Post
    Lower level zone events at lvl 60 still give Infinity stones. Currently with the bonus 1 that we are getting, you're getting 4+1 for each of those. This is compared to the 10+1 of the higher level zones. So lower, but still not too bad.
    I will have to confirm this, last time I ran a lower level event all I got was Empyreal. Once I confirm I will edit the guide.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't play Rift but I am tempted to buy this expansion, this guide looks great.

My only problem is I have a 50 Cleric, but I would want to play a melee class (warrior)! So that means starting from the beginning...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I don't play Rift but I am tempted to buy this expansion, this guide looks great.

My only problem is I have a 50 Cleric, but I would want to play a melee class (warrior)! So that means starting from the beginning...
    You have 6 roles (specs) you can make, cleric melee is viable again don't scrub your toon until you've dabbled with it.

There are actually 28 cairns in Storm Legion. This can be proven by looking under the Zone category (general, not specific) under the achievement Cairn Do Too.

Notoriety: You can gain notoriety with both the Caretakers of Necropolis and the Eternal City Survivors through fishing. Minimum fishing skill in Storm Legion is 270.

Caretakers of Necropolis notoriety: You can turn in 3 Dusken Eel or 3 Emerald Flycatchers (both are blue quality fish) to Lou Vennade in Tuldio Retreat in Pelladane.
    Eternal City Survivors: You can turn in 3 Coldflare Octopus or 3 Kraken Hatchlings (both are blue quality fish ) to Johry Vennade In Tulan in Cape Jule (out on the docks).

These are repeatable quests and have no daily limits imposed on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    There are actually 28 cairns in Storm Legion. This can be proven by looking under the Zone category (general, not specific) under the achievement Cairn Do Too.

Notoriety: You can gain notoriety with both the Caretakers of Necropolis and the Eternal City Survivors through fishing. Minimum fishing skill in Storm Legion is 270.

Caretakers of Necropolis notoriety: You can turn in 3 Dusken Eel or 3 Emerald Flycatchers (both are blue quality fish) to Lou Vennade in Tuldio Retreat in Pelladane.
    Eternal City Survivors: You can turn in 3 Coldflare Octopus or 3 Kraken Hatchlings (both are blue quality fish ) to Johry Vennade In Tulan in Cape Jule (out on the docks).

These are repeatable quests and have no daily limits imposed on them.
    Thanks, forgot about fishing. Added this info in.

Great resource - I'll be back here later tonight - if you catch my drift.

Anyhow to add something to Acquiesce's post- unlike original Rift the Rare (blue) fish mentioned are used in crafting now - before they were only good for rep, so careful blindly turning these fish in - you most likely need them for stuff