Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I feel garrosh is only doing whats best for the Orcs in the shadow of his father and all Orcs should have their own destiny and power...

I will sad he is gone.

I will be sad because in TBC he was the son of grom and we helped him realise his father was not just the monster he always believed. In his final moments he free'd his people from their shackles of demon enslavement. I will be sad because in wrath he was a bit of a hot head arguiing with the warchief prior to the invasion of northrend causing friction against saurfang and then the alliance. Then in cata he was shown to be a bit of a war monger (I did not read the comics but have since read about some more lore related things) while on the one hand he did some good and cool things on the other he was non compromising and cruel. He also killed cairne (yes cairne made it a duel and agreed on a duel to the death but thats not the point).

Now in mists he has become a tyrant full on and has his own hit squad enforcing his rule. I've gone to the alliance side just for RP reasons and using LFR I will at some point take him down I can then restore my main to the horde!

I hope baine has a more important role in future content same with the other horde leaders make them visible and doing something in the war effort. Same for the alliance its a good excuse to get ALL the race leaders in on the content.

In cata you had the threat to the world but some were isolated and it was a chaotic rush so no real time to ramp things up war wise. MOP is different. its a long brimming war started in WRATH continued into cata and now full blown in MOP. The hordes on a rampage and the alliance is calling upon all to stop it. This means all the alliance faction heads should be getting in on the story along with the horde counter parts. will be refreshing to see this tbh.
    Last edited by khalltusk; 2012-11-20 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    I will sad he is gone. He also killed cairne (yes cairne made it a duel and agreed on a duel to the death but thats not the point).
    he was framed by someone poisoning garrosh's blade

10+ Year Old Account
    How will I handle it?

On one knee, reaching into his corpse to loot my new weapon.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by TrapTripper View Post
    he was framed by someone poisoning garrosh's blade
    That I know, regardless of the method of killing Cairne the one wielding the AXE was Garrosh. Up until that point Garrosh was the one to be put 6ft under. Still Baine looks like an interesting character and I wonder what he has in store for mop

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    oh god again seriously? He reveled in killing him, thats what happened. His only scorn was how magatha denied him an honorable kill, but to Garrosh, Cairne was just another body on his list of corpses.
    Get the facts right please before trying to counter them.

What facts? You haven't provided any. Please show me were it is said he reveled in it.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Still Baine looks like an interesting character and I wonder what he has in store for mop
    Except that Baine is just a case of "look, we killed your popular character but here is his son that is basicaly the same".

oh god again seriously? He reveled in killing him, thats what happened.
    You mean just like YOU will revel over corpse of Garrosh?

A littlo Verdugo. But he has had some good story treatment in the books. Also to be fair what SON isnt a bit like their father? (yes I know its a lame excuse) Still if baine gets more treatment similar to the books so far and some more in game representation I will be quite happy, my first toon was a tauren so a lot of fond memories

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Considering the most obvious ending, Garrosh is corrupted by the Sha he tried to bind in order to advance in his war, with Vol'Jin and maybe Anduin being main lore characters against him. So, it's Groms case again (corrupted to get more power with knowledge about downsides, and somehow redeems himself), with "The betrayed one" (Vol'jin of course, I mean the first one who was appointed as an advisor for the warchief in order to make sure he won't do much bad things, and his first decision was to threaten his life and run away like a pussy) and "the good boy" (Anduin, the poster child who lacks character, said to be a savior or some cluche shit like that in a book). There again, we've got our basic "pure knight and his good friend fight a big monster".

Really, something changed much since WIII, where the story was full of twists and characters weren't just twodimensional cardboard cutouts.
    You're probably pretty close with your ending. Blizzard has gotten predictable.

What happened since WCIII? WoW happened. Good stories and MMOs simply don't mix. They're incompatible.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    You're probably pretty close with your ending. Blizzard has gotten predictable.

What happened since WCIII? WoW happened. Good stories and MMOs simply don't mix. They're incompatible.
    What good story, Warcraft 3 copied most of its plot twists from Starcraft.

I'm with Okacz. Let's see Thrall take some responsibility for Garrosh's actions. He put Garrosh in charge, he handed the reins to him, and if you look at Ashenvale in Vanilla vs Ashenvale now, Garrosh has really only carried Thrall's policies forward.

I find it almost Orwellian that people can hate and demonize Garrosh so much, while Thrall continues to be Green Jesus, incapable of doing wrong.

Aside from debating on which main I'll be smearing his face across the floor with first (i have both horde and alliance characters) I will be doing it with glee. After seeing the recent scenarios and watching a few of my favorite characters either getting turned on or just plain beat the hell up, I'm ready to beat Garrosh into a pulpy stain. I just hope the raid doesn't disappoint like DS did. I'll be doing in on LFR...so my hopes aren't too high, but at least I'll get to see it. I really can't put forth any speculation yet 'cause it's still 'early' in the expansion. Once things from patches 5.1 and 5.2 roll out, I might be able to get a better idea of how I would HOPE the raid will turn out.

I've never liked Garrosh, his desire for conquest and bloodlust just doesn't sit well with me. His character development has been too inconsistent. It's hard to see who he really is, especially now with his exposure to Malkorok and going after the Sha.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Your always bashing him for his bloodlust and brutal tactics, yet here you are preaching the same stuff to use against him

If you despise an enemy because they do something, but then use that something yourself, what then does that make you?
    It would seem to me, a certain forum orc *may* have been letting the Sha of Hatred take up residence within himself

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 05:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Camaris View Post
    I find it almost Orwellian that people can hate and demonize Garrosh so much, while Thrall continues to be Green Jesus, incapable of doing wrong.
    That's not true, Thrall was afraid of the negative reactions from his people for telling them they have to change. He relocated to Durotar as penance for his people, he believed firmly they do not deserve any easy life for the past and need to work hard to earn it through shamanistic way of life, just as the Frostwolves have when they were exiled. He didn't rein the Warsong in because of politics, not because he believed they were doing the right thing. Garrosh is not carrying on Thrall's policy, he's making his own, and there is no room for negotiations, at all.
    Last edited by Justignoreme; 2012-11-20 at 05:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Except that Baine is just a case of "look, we killed your popular character but here is his son that is basicaly the same".

You mean just like YOU will revel over corpse of Garrosh?
    yes, just like I cheered when we killed the lich king, just like a whooped when deathwing exploded in a ball of dust, just like when I threw my head back and laughed when ragnaros finally died for real.
    They are bad guys, and they are meant to die. Garrosh will end in the same catagory as them, so excuse me if you fail to understand what a average persons sense of morality it.

Garrosh reveled in killing a good man (tauren), there is nothing morally just about that. I have no issue with seeing a bastard who has it coming get what he deserves. Don't you dare question my moral integrity.
    #boycottchina

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh reveled in killing a good man (tauren), there is nothing morally just about that. I have no issue with seeing a bastard who has it coming get what he deserves. Don't you dare question my moral integrity.

You keep saying this with nothing to back it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    /sit
    /stand
    /sit
    /stand
    /sit
    /stand

Basically mashing my "x" key while standing over his body.

Deleted
    yes, just like I cheered when we killed the lich king, just like a whooped when deathwing exploded in a ball of dust, just like when I threw my head back and laughed when ragnaros finally died for real.
    They are bad guys, and they are meant to die. Garrosh will end in the same catagory as them, so excuse me if you fail to understand what a average persons sense of morality it.

That maybe true, but just loping his head off in his hideout where only handful of people can see it doesn't go too well.

It must be done in a way so that people of the world, people who's lifes were ruined by Garrosh, to see the fall of the tyrannt.

So wishing he would be skinnable, but it will never happen.

/sadface
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Five encounters with him (after eight bosses, including Malkorok and Gallywix), each time he gets more beat up and the blood trail the raid uses to follow him gets thicker. He takes out entire platoons of NPC soldiers between encounters, and when you -finally- deal the killing blow in the Orgrimmar Arena, he boasts that under his hand, the Horde killed hundreds of thousands, but it took hundreds just to finally bring him down. He boasts that he'd led the Horde to glory--only to be interrupted by the Horde rebels as they lay out everything he'd done to alienate the Horde at his feet, and he dies with the broken realization that he was wrong all this time.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    With blood and thunder!