Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't look at abilities in solitary confinement.

Jayce's Q scales with AD and does 40% bonus damage.
    Tristana's Q does not scale with AD (or anything for that matter).

Does that make Jayce the better AD carry? Hardly.

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    Yes champions draw their influences from pop culture and other things but rarely quite so blatantly or with such lack of originality. And you can't count skins, those are SUPPOSED to be funny rip-offs on various things. Anyway, wasn't Panda Teemo ingame before MoP was even announced? And actually, no, Gangplank is just a pirate. There is nothing specifically pointing to Pirates of the Carribean.

And no. New abilities are not overpowered by default. They just have to have some thought put into them. And most champions have abilities which are somewhat similar to several others; as long as you aren't too boring or uninventive, it's fine. And since when did you HAVE to test something to know if an idea is stupid? It helps of course, but in general terms if you think things through properly it shouldn't be a problem...

You don't need to have icons or art for your idea btw... it's nice but in this case counter-productive because it appears lazy and shoddily put together.

And quit freaking out about the name and read what Duilliath above me posted it.

Hell, now I want to try and make an idea of my own to show you how it's done... and then probably fail miserably and be another example of how not to...

I appreciate that you're trying to be creative but what are you trying to achieve anyway...?
    I was playing Mists of Pandaria Beta when Panda Teemo landed on the PBE. About Gangplank, I kind of feel the same about my champion, he is just a paladin, the fact WoW showes them shiny and stuff doesn't mean its the only game/movie that shows them in that way.

Check this thread tonight. I will update it. Today in school I came up with a very good way to balance him, to remove the OPness and add more creativity or atleast more fun design to play. More viable and attractive. Without images or shiny icons. The exact same way people wanted it.

Oh, and I read his post and replied I'm not freaking out about the name, this is my third time saying "I dont care what others think, I know it myself, I didnt copy anything and I'm fine with others thinking else."

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Don't look at abilities in solitary confinement.

Jayce's Q scales with AD and does 40% bonus damage.
    Tristana's Q does not scale with AD (or anything for that matter).

Does that make Jayce the better AD carry? Hardly.
    Are you defending me or against me? I am not quite sure xD

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 04:25 PM ----------

Champion reworked, some slight other changes! Worth the read Please, everyone who commented here, read it again and tell me your opinion. Don't mind the name in the artwork link, I can't change that one.

The rework is getting closer to being viable, I still feel like that W will be way to strong early game.

The caster minions do 25 damage per hit and attack at 0.670 times per second. With 3 of them per wave:

75(+6/3min in game) damage at 0 seconds,
    150(+12/3min in game) at ~1.5 seconds,
    225(+18/3min in game) at ~3.0 seconds.

Factor in a couple melee minion hits (at 12(+1/3min) damage 1.25 times per second) and if it's a siege wave (40 extra damage per second (+3/3min) or late game when there is a super minion(190+10/3min damage per second).

To put this in perspective Garen's Judgement with AD runes and a doran's start will only do about 250 damage over 3 seconds at level 1 and that requires him to be in melee range for the entirety and prevents him from using other abilities. Yours for all intents and purposes has 600 range (the caster minions) and allows you to do anything else you want during it.

Not to mention it would prevent people from pushing you to your own tower early game for fear you could cause the turret to shoot them without them hitting you first and the fact that it can be used as a 500+ heal late game or to make an extremely strong promoton any team mate is a bit scary.

Oh ya and it can be used to promote a siege as well to push lanes (or empower the next time you cast it on an enemy).
    Last edited by Zulandia; 2012-11-21 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulandia View Post
    The rework is getting closer to being viable, I still feel like that W will be way to strong early game.

The caster minions do 25 damage per hit and attack at 0.670 times per second. With 3 of them per wave:

75(+6/3min in game) damage at 0 seconds,
    150(+12/3min in game) at ~1.5 seconds,
    225(+18/3min in game) at ~3.0 seconds.

Factor in a couple melee minion hits (at 12(+1/3min) damage 1.25 times per second) and if it's a siege wave (40 extra damage per second (+3/3min) or late game when there is a super minion(190+10/3min damage per second).

To put this in perspective Garen's Judgement with AD runes and a doran's start will only do about 250 damage over 3 seconds at level 1 and that requires him to be in melee range for the entirety and prevents him from using other abilities. Yours for all intents and purposes has 600 range (the caster minions) and allows you to do anything else you want during it.

Not to mention it would prevent people from pushing you to your own tower early game for fear you could cause the turret to shoot them without them hitting you first and the fact that it can be used as a 500+ heal late game or to make an extremely strong promoton any team mate is a bit scary.

Oh ya and it can be used to promote a siege as well to push lanes (or empower the next time you cast it on an enemy).
    I'm pretty sure caster minions do like 10-15 damage per attack when I play Caitlyn with no armor runes or masteries or items but I'm not sure. You are right about that thing, it can be really punishing to engage Azorgus early game. But he himself barely has any other damaging abilities at low level. His Q doesn't do much damage. He is the kind of champion who would prefer to save his top lane and not engage that much, but be an initiator and protector in teamfights. Usually there is a tank top so that can kind of smooth the damage output of E. I can only promote a Siege Minion and there is 1 per 2 waves, so that makes it like 2 minute cooldown. The W heal can't be higher than 300. A turret does max 300 damage and there is armor and damage reduction spells. Most of the times when I fight solo top I accidentaly move to close to the turret or it ignores minions, I take 1-2 hits but I'm alright, ofc sometimes it results in me dying.

Thanks for the feedback, I already started new champions and I dont feel like working on this one anymore. I will leave it like this but I will have your advice in mind! I just want to hear the opinion of those guys who gave me so much negative feedback. I want to know if I managed to reach their standarts