What do i do if my pc breaks down?

Hello,

I am going to be getting a high end gaming pc this june. I already asked in this forums if i should have micro center build me a pc or get an origin pc.Every one said i should make micro center make it.The only reason i would want origin pc is because of their warranty and i like to have my back covered in case something happens to my pc. My question basically is if something happens to my pc what do i do???? i know each part will have a warranty but how do i know what is going wrong?

Just to reconfirm u guys would recommend making micro center build me a pc with same price or Origin pc overpriced with warranty?

What kind of warranty would you get from Micro Center? Remember that all individual parts have always manufacturer warranty available even if the store does not give any special guarantees on top of it. Like for example motherboards and processors 3 years usually, quality PSU five years at least and so on.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Well personally I'd rather you learn about building a PC yourself, then go through the process of selecting parts and coming back to ask for advice on those particular parts if you need to. If you learn something about the basics then it'll help you in the long run if something does happen to break down.

I haven't heard of either of those sites, so I can't really say, maybe someone else here has used them though and can make the decision for you. If you think you need an "extended warranty" from that origin site, then get that. If you don't, then go get it from those micro center people, either way, every individual part should have one that's a couple years long anyway.
    Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2013-06-01 at 09:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As others said, the best way is to learn. If something ever comes up, you could always come here to get help as well, though we can only offer experience advice (There are plenty of techs here. I personally have 10+ years repair experience)

If Microcenter builds it, they likely have an option for warranty. But you'd be paying for that, most likely.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    As others said, the best way is to learn. If something ever comes up, you could always come here to get help as well, though we can only offer experience advice (There are plenty of techs here. I personally have 10+ years repair experience)

If Microcenter builds it, they likely have an option for warranty. But you'd be paying for that, most likely.
    So make me buy the peaces and micro center assemble it or Origin pc?

I'd take my pc to a local computer store and tell them to check if something's wrong, and if so, what.

Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    I'd take my pc to a local computer store and tell them to check if something's wrong, and if so, what.
    Stil want to check would you what would u recommend me but peaces for the pc and make micro center assemble it or origin pc which i will have warranty?