Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    My thoughts exactly. If this movie ever comes to pass it will be embarassing enough to make you want to hide you're into the games.
    Sounds more like a individual problem then the movie.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The amount of money spent making a movie in no way influences the quality of the movie. Source: the entire history of cinema.

P.S. It's a movie made of a video game, if it ever happens it will be terrible. I know it, you know it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Ill bet in the end Blizzard will give in to U. Boll cause hes cheaper.... that will be an movie thats epic... fail! ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The amount of money spent making a movie in no way influences the quality of the movie. Source: the entire history of cinema.

P.S. It's a movie made of a video game, if it ever happens it will be terrible. I know it, you know it.

Silent Hill

Ill bet in the end Blizzard will give in to U. Boll cause hes cheaper.... that will be an movie thats epic... fail! ^^
    No
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    There is a Warcraft movie out ?!

I thought the WoW movie was scrapped. If it isn't, Metzen should not be allowed anywhere near the script or the microphone.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    I thought the WoW movie was scrapped. If it isn't, Metzen should not be allowed anywhere near the script or the microphone.
    I think I remember a video of Metzen on the MoP release saying the WoW Movie was actually finally moving forward and on its way. Not sure though.

If the Dungeon Siege movie(s) are anything to go by, you're completely right. As well as the Dungeons and Dragons movie (although at the time, that wasn't a video game i believe )

Deleted
    Movies made after video games ALWAYS suck ass.
    Video games made after movies ALWAYS suck ass...if EA is involved. Just mentioning EA somehow conjures a slight smell of poo in the air. But no, video games made after movies don't always suck if EA isn't in on it.

Deleted
    Money does not mean quality. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0401729/ Most recent flop which comes to mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the movie gets ever made, I doubt it will be about a major character, because fans would be nitpicking. It will be a new human character, probably a male, as they once said. There will probably only one major character or two, and they will be secondary characters, even cameo. The new characters will need to shine on their own, without having Thrall, Varian or Malfurion overshadowing them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    If the movie gets ever made, I doubt it will be about a major character, because fans would be nitpicking. It will be a new human character, probably a male, as they once said. There will probably only one major character or two, and they will be secondary characters, even cameo. The new characters will need to shine on their own, without having Thrall, Varian or Malfurion overshadowing them.
    If Metzen is involved, it will obviously be about an orc character who becomes the saviour of his people and gets a blue troll girlfriend and fights off humans coming dig for oilum, in a huge scene involving flying gnomecopters led by a human general with a scar on his face...oh wait, wrong movie but plenty of usable cliches and Metzen LOVES cliches.

In October 2009, production company Legendary Pictures along with Blizzard Entertainment announced that the film's budget would be "Not less than $220 million"

Personally I don't believe it'll ever be released, if it is I think it will be so far into the future that no one will care about it anymore, I know I wouldn't pay to see it tomorrow.

Whatever the case, I doubt it'll be as big as any of the blockbuster movies.

Deleted
    The movie ain't gonna happen. I'm also never wrong.

Deleted
    WoW's lore is pretty extensive, but it pales in comparison to LOTR and the world Tolkein created. That's what makes LoTR so epic, not how much money you throw at it.

Silent Hill like someone said, also the first Resident Evil (I personally like the rest of them as well on varying levels, but their overall quality is debatable) movie.

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    Personally I don't believe it'll ever be released
    That was said about a certain piece of shit that I dare not even type the name of.

Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    Money does not mean quality. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0401729/ Most recent flop which comes to mind.
    I dont understand why it failed, i've seen it and it was pretty good though i have never read the book.

Deleted
    While I quite enjoy Warcraft lore and a few of its novels, you can hardly compare it with Lord of the Rings on the basis that it will have a bigger budget. Tolkien's trilogy is a celebrated masterpiece within its genre at the very least - the Warcraft story is, in comparison, woeful.

I do hope the film - if it is produced - turns out to be good. Don't get your hopes up though, or you might end up disappointed.

If they are smart just do the rise of the Lich king. Movie one saving Lorderon and his decent to madness. Movie two losing powers and rising to the throne. Movie 3 His awaken/fall maybe?

Deleted
    Deppends on the story.

If it's Arthas story it could be great. It's also the only story in WoW that could be made into one movie and be good.

But knowing Metzen we're in for a Thrall movie or possibly Med'an.

I wont pay a thing though if it has pandas in it. Might not even pirate it.