Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellishreaper View Post
    I dont understand why it failed, i've seen it and it was pretty good though i have never read the book.
    A lot of box office failures have cult followings and loyal lovers. In the end though, the box office calls wins or losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Saitan View Post
    Deppends on the story.

If it's Arthas story it could be great. It's also the only story in WoW that could be made into one movie and be good.

But knowing Metzen we're in for a Thrall movie or possibly Med'an.

I wont pay a thing though if it has pandas in it. Might not even pirate it.
    It won't have any characters we know about. (source: blizzard)

Deleted
    I'm not getting my hopes up too much.

I'd like it if it was epic, but I doubt it for some reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Epzilon1 View Post
    If the Dungeon Siege movie(s) are anything to go by, you're completely right. As well as the Dungeons and Dragons movie (although at the time, that wasn't a video game i believe )
    Thank you thank you thank you for introducing me to the hilarious world of reviews of Uwe Boll's movies. For anyone else that wants to laugh and cry at just reading movie reviews please head to his page at: http://uk.imdb.com/name/nm0093051/

This guy must be the most amusing director I have ever heard of. I so wish they had let him direct the Warcraft movie
    Last edited by mmocccd4d485ac; 2012-11-20 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    What's the most epic fantasy movie? I bet everyone would answer with "Lord of the Rings". It's true.. for now.

Let's talk about budget.

LotR whole budges was 281 million dollars.
    LotR movies were 11.3h long (together, extended)
    That gives 24.6 million dollars per hour of the movie.

Warcraft whole budget is above 100 million dollars (101 minimum, and I think it's 135 million dollars maximum). But let's say it's round 100 million.
    The movie will be 120-150 minutes long. Let's say it's 150 minutes long.
    That gives 40 million dollars per hour of the movie.

LotR: 24.6
    Warcraft: from 40 to ~67.5 (if the movie will be 120 minutes long and the budget would be 135 million dollars).

Warcraft:

Director - Charles Leavitt (K-PAX, Blood Diamond)
    Writers:
    Charles Leavitt
    Robert Rodat
    Chris Metzen
    Studio: Legendary Pictures
    Distributor: Warner Bros

Do you think Warcraft movie will shake the foundations of "epic" definition? I mean, will it be more epic than Lord of the Rings for example?
    Discuss.

/sources:
    imdb
    wowpedia
    wikipedia
    We have another fan boy on here.

I mean any neutral person will probably agree that no movie fill come close to LoTR in their life time at least. LoTR is probably the most epic movie ever made of any genre.

And all those calling for a Warcraft movie, think twice about it. There can't be a Warcraft movie cause Azeroth is an ever evolving world. If and when they do, which I highly doubt now that the boat has sailed, but if they do make one, they would have to do it around a particular time line or an important lore figure. It won't be a "Warcraft film".

And trust me WoW hardly is popular these days. I mean half of the 10 million subscribers are from China and the other 3 million are from Europe. So you have around 2 million closet dwelling individuals that would probably give a damn if the movie was made and I hardly doubt most of them would go and watch it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they are gonna spend 220M$ on the movie like someone said here.... why the hell not just make it full CGI? I doubt its gonna cost more then 220million if its CGI, and we all know that Blizzard can make some good CGI movies/Clips.

It would take time.. but it would be better than a live action movie.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post

I mean any neutral person will probably agree that no movie fill come close to LoTR in their life time at least. LoTR is probably the most epic movie ever made of any genre.

And all those calling for a Warcraft movie, think twice about it. There can't be a Warcraft movie cause Azeroth is an ever evolving world. If and when they do, which I highly doubt now that the boat has sailed, but if they do make one, they would have to do it around a particular time line or an important lore figure. It won't be a "Warcraft film".

And trust me WoW hardly is popular these days. I mean half of the 10 million subscribers are from China and the other 3 million are from Europe. So you have around 2 million closet dwelling individuals that would probably give a damn if the movie was made and I hardly doubt most of them would go and watch it.
    Why don't Europeans count? oh and the Asian region just broke 1 or 2m subscribers with the release of MoP, so nowhere near half...

So it would actually be around 7-8 million, including all the old players that are still interested in the Warcraft universe but don't play. Also, if it was a good movie that didn't even require you to know what "Warcraft" was then the actual WoW fan-base is irrelevant and it would just be like any other move.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post

The Fanboy argument. Stop it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, if it's following any of Warcraft's plotlines other than WC3, then it's going to be overshadowed by LOTR's "goodly humans vs evil orcs" shtick either way. It'll have a very hard time breaking out of that, let alone taking its place as the fantasy king.

I'm kind of disappointed they didn't deem Arthas's fall from grace and rise to power as a worthy main plot. His entire arc brutally deconstructs every single one of the standard fantasy plot points (since he, you know, wins; and his greatest rival is an ostracized half demon...), but alas. Personal preference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    Pretty much this. How long have we been waiting for this movie?
    They first talked about it seriously at 2007's Blizzcon. It will never happen though.

I agree that the Arthas story has to be the focal point. Although it's very similar in nature to the rise and fall of Anakin Skywalker in the Star Wars prequel trilogy, I was always of the belief that it was like the Vader storyline done even more effectively. (Sorry George, I know it's been said -- but you dropped the ball.)

They'd have to make some changes here and there to make it a more congruous fit for a movie (especially with how Arthas is defeated) but I think overall the premise would fit best into a movie and engage viewers the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Movie projects that really want to get made are put on rails and get made. Movie projects that sound like commercially viable ideas but are problematical in every other way bounce around Hollywood for years before they either disappear entirely or finally get done and released. The WoW movie is the latter. I'm not even sure that after how many years there's even a final script for it, much less a cast.

If I were betting, I'd bet it will be a mess when it comes out. John Carter of Mars bounced around Hollywood for over a decade and look how that turned out.

P.S. / Lord of the Rings was pretty damn epic and most projects will pale in comparison. We can now look forward to another 3 or 4 years of The Hobbit sucking up all of the oxygen for major genre projects.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-11-20 at 01:48 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Well as long as it is better than the Dungeons and Dragons movie or the Dungeon Siege movie then I'll be satisfied.

But really, I have yet to see a good movie based on a video game.

Deleted
    should be good, as long as Metzen isn't voicing every damn character!

I think it will probably end up being alot better than the Warhammer movie and a little better than the Amazing Spiderman movie but shittier than Hellboy and Lord of the Rings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Well as long as it is better than the Dungeons and Dragons movie or the Dungeon Siege movie then I'll be satisfied.But really, I have yet to see a good movie based on a video game.
    oh lord, the dungeons and dragons movie, if its the same one i am thinking of, it was a total abomination, i watched like 15mins of it before i turned it off and threw the dvd away.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they get around to making a Warcraft movie, I'd catch a matinee but you'll not be seeing my ass there on opening weekend. Blizzard's cinematics are excellent so I would assume a film would be of fairly high quality. More epic than Lord of the Rings, though? I think not.

There's only one fantasy film that beats everything else...

*Hops ontop of a furry dragon dog... thing*

"Turn around, look at what you see
    In her face, the mirror of your dreams"

etc.

*Raises arms in air* Yeeeeeeeah!!

/Flies off

budget still does matter though - if it will be spent on right things, it's going to be awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't this movie supposed to be done 5 years ago?