Deleted

Damage Warrior Threat. Bugged or is this achievable?

Hi guys,

We have a warrior dps in the guild who does some serious threat as a dps. It's like he has the 400% modifier on, always, as a dps. He's not taunting the boss else we would see the debuff on the boss. We tried to find out what it is, but couldn't really find it. Now mind you before you say, oh well your tanks needs to step up.
    This guy was competing on the threat meter througout the WHOLE fight. Yes, at 40% I took a screenshot just see how much threat he was at and sure enough:

http://s235.beta.photobucket.com/use...30221.jpg.html

Yes, the boss was at 40% health and just look at Omen.

Now back when I had a warrior, I sometimes managed to take aggro from the tank, but this was mostly at the start AND in WotLK.

I just feel there is something off here. What do you guys think?

Here are the logs of tonight:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/a...?s=5656&e=6082
    He joined from try 7 and on (Gunahkecisi).
    Last edited by mmoc0d62534d8c; 2012-11-19 at 10:34 PM.

sitting in defensive stance maybe? ... other then this, i can find no idea how the f*ck he manage to have that much threat

If you look at his buffs gained, he has Defensive Stance up quite a lot, so that is most likely why his threat is so high. No DPS pulls that much threat

He's probably in Defensive Stance; only thing that will consistently generate massive threat like that.

In Battle Stance the only time you'll have slight problems is on the pull with all burst CD's and from low tank vengance. After that tanks should shoot miles ahead, unless the tank is really bad or the Warrior is in Defensive Stance.

edit: Few posts in before got mine, but yeah appears to definitely be it.

10+ Year Old Account
    And the warrior didn't notice he wasn't getting rage from autoattacks? >.>

I have a big weakaura made though for when I am in Defensive/Berserker stance as a reminder as it always helps out.

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

Deleted
    I've looked at try 11 and yes he was in defensive stance for 90.% of the fight. Problem solved! Thanks all!

Deleted
    He has more uptime in def stance then battle. That is your problem. Tell him not to or switch back asap.

edit: you got it... min before me QQ

I use Defensive stance situationally. Force and Verve on the first boss of HoF comes to mind, and I can ride up on threat if I continue dpsing while in Defensive. If he's using it intelligently and still riding up threat (which obviously was not the case here), Just get a pally to drop a salv on him and have him swap back to battle. That being said, he should not be spending THAT much time in defensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't look at the log, and the culprit has obviously been found, but any time a [DPS] Warrior is doing significantly low damage and a lot of threat, it's safe to assume they are probably in defensive stance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tpyo View Post
    I use Defensive stance situationally. Force and Verve on the first boss of HoF comes to mind, and I can ride up on threat if I continue dpsing while in Defensive.

On normal (cuz thats what i am still at) i personaly pop die by sword and go berserk stance = same effect but unending rage to spam attacks.
    And our healers cannot be bored now eyy?

Maybe on HC it come in handy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooshke View Post
    On normal (cuz thats what i am still at) i personaly pop die by sword and go berserk stance = same effect but unending rage to spam attacks.
    And our healers cannot be bored now eyy?

Maybe on HC it come in handy.
    I don't know why any warrior would pick the minor DPS increase from extra rage over -25% damage taken in the same window when the raid isn't competing against an enrage timer. Can't recommend wasting a cooldown as potent as DBTS on standard issue AE damage.
    Nakkiz of Memento <EU-Frostwhisper>

It is hardly minor dps increase, plus, if you are mindcontrolled on 3-4 phase, DBTS can be wasted.