Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How is this okay?

The fire mage did this all while slow falling above me, so it was not possible to inturrupt him.

2-3 globals and I'm dead. How is this okay? Blizzard gave pyroblast a 3 second cooldown because they KNEW it was a good idea. And then they took it away because all of the mages QQed and bitched, as if they have anything to actually worry about, being one of the most OP classes in both PVP and PVE right now. What about the rest of the classes in WoW who are getting nearly 0 attention, who actually deserve to be QQ and worrying about their class?

Anywhays, the guy's been doing that for about a week and a half now at Halfhill by the Tiller dailys. Just basically 2-3 shots people then blinks away into the phased area to drop the guards.

Anybody else dealing with similar situations on their servers? Anybody else sick of melee being shit on?

10+ Year Old Account
    to be honest. i'd find this amusing from an awful troll point of view. on a mature note. damn, what a tosser

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what a "tosser" is, could you explain please?

10+ Year Old Account
    tosser = wanker

Quote Originally Posted by manicwrath View Post
    tosser = wanker
    Buxton hails from US. We don't use wanker over here.

While you're at it, what does wanker actually mean to you? Sure google could tell me but to hell with all that. Doesn't have the same charm as learning from a forum :P

Deleted
    No point in crying over mages. They were and will be one of Blizzard's favorite classes, if not the most favorite. I play Balance for pvp and I still find myself behind warlocks, shadow priests and mages, not only in damage, but in tools as well. The answer to that is that pvp is not balanced around 1v1, but 3v3. This is their excuse for some classes roflstomping the others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnarch View Post
    No point in crying over mages. They were and will be one of Blizzard's favorite classes, if not the most favorite. I play Balance for pvp and I still find myself behind warlocks, shadow priests and mages, not only in damage, but in tools as well. The answer to that is that pvp is not balanced around 1v1, but 3v3. This is their excuse for some classes roflstomping the others.
    All because Ghostcrawler is obsessed with being good at the game. Apparently he's too big of a tool to, i don't know, actually win based on skill, not because he's overpowered as fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wanker is a pejorative term of English origin common in Britain and other parts of the English-speaking world, including Ireland, Australia and New Zealand. It initially referred to an "onanist", literally meaning "one who wanks (masturbates)" but has since become a general insult. It is synonymous with the word tosser.[1]
    Although not common in the United States, most Americans understand its meaning.[2]

The terms wank and wanker originated in British slang during the late 19th and early 20th century.[3][4] In modern usage it is usually a general term of contempt rather than a commentary on sexual habits. Wanker has similar meanings and overtones to American pejoratives like jerk(-off).[5] More generally, wanker can carry suggestions of egotistical and self-indulgent behaviour and this is the dominant meaning in Australia and New Zealand.[6]
    Wanker may be indicated by a one-handed gesture,[7] usually to an audience out of hearing range.[5] It is shown by curling the fingers of the hand into a loose fist and moving the hand back and forth to mime male masturbation, which is equivalent to saying, "you are a wanker".[8]
    In the United States, the term is understood, but rarely used, and then more in a way suggesting the target is an idiot.[9]
    Related are terms such as "wanker's colic", for an undiagnosed visceral pain, and "wanker's doom", for excessive masturbation, from slang used in the RAF and British prisons since the 1920s.[3]
    Differences in perceived

Quote Originally Posted by Redlikemyrage View Post
    Buxton hails from US. We don't use wanker over here.

While you're at it, what does wanker actually mean to you? Sure google could tell me but to hell with all that. Doesn't have the same charm as learning from a forum :P
    WANKer.

Take a guess as to what it means.

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 04:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    All because Ghostcrawler is obsessed with being good at the game. Apparently he's too big of a tool to, i don't know, actually win based on skill, not because he's overpowered as fuck.
    Ghostcrawler doesn't play a mage. Do you know how utterly retarded players sound when they talk like this? Get some PvP Resilience and quit the QQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    WANKer.

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 04:30 AM ----------

Ghostcrawler doesn't play a mage. Do you know how utterly retarded players sound when they talk like this? Get some PvP Resilience and quit the QQ.
    Thanks, guy. Next time I'll be sure to point out the sarcasm for you, so you can save yourself from doing... well... what you did.

Deleted
    I love these guys that not only think that the Lead System Designer of an MMO the size of WoW would intentionally imbalance the game so his personal character would have an advantage but the company which employs would allow him to do so. It seems as if people like you are still attached to that comment made by a blue years ago that GC sometimes plays a mage, ignoring all others which said he plays most classes for a little bit.

Deleted
    By the way my character has around 36% pvp power. That means that against a target of 60% resilience I deal only 24% less damage, which means that I negate almost all of his natural resilience. I can imagine people at the end of the expansion 2-shotting guys with 75% resilience. xD

I don't think pvp power and resil will suffer from one outpacing the other. What I mean is, I think 1v1 fights between two fully decked out pvpers will last roughly the same time throughout the expansion. It only stands to reason, say for example season 12 trinket gives (arbitrary numbers) 1000 pvp power and 100 pvp resil. The seasons 13 trinket gives 1100 pvp power and 110 pvp resil. At least, I would imagine they would both scale together. I could be wrong though, it's early and I should be sleeping. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    WANKer.

Yeah i never had problems with this one, but few years ago my British officers put guild note "Spacker" on me. I asked what that means in guild chat and the whole 25 guild laughed at me...

10+ Year Old Account
    So he crit you with 1 pyro, combustioned, then cast living bomb, then hit you with another pyro 3s after the first one. How would adding a 3s CD on pyro change anything?

Deleted
    He got quite lucky tho, 2 pyro critts in a row.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    So he crit you with 1 pyro, combustioned, then cast living bomb, then hit you with another pyro 3s after the first one. How would adding a 3s CD on pyro change anything?
    As I recall, Combustion isn't on the global cooldown. Which leaves just one global on Living Bomb. That's about 1.5 seconds between pyroblast. An extra 1.5 seconds (2+ taking lag into account) would have given me time to use a cooldown to keep me alive, or to roll into the phased area.

The fact the OP has less than 300k hp and the ganker in question is 485 Ilevel raises the issue that most classes at such a gear gap can global you.

Especially considering he probably set up with invocation and gave himself the perfect situation.

Omg, lets nerf slow fall, then everything will be ok :-O

10+ Year Old Account
    As I recall, Combustion isn't on the global cooldown. Which leaves just one global on Living Bomb. That's about 1.5 seconds between pyroblast. An extra 1.5 seconds (2+ taking lag into account) would have given me time to use a cooldown to keep me alive, or to roll into the phased area.
    Pyroblast and Living bomb tick every 3ish seconds; Ignite ticks every 2s; Combustion about every 1s. 1 pyro/LB tick, 1 ignite tick, and 3 Combustion ticks between pyros means they hit within 3-4s of each other.