Page 1 of 2
LastLast

MoP has finally broken me

(cannot wait to see if angry people post without reading the first post)

I have to say it's finally done it. I've played this game for years, and I can finally say...my brain just does not have enough room for all the acronyms anymore. Between all the class abilities, raid and dungeon names, world area names, arena combinations...my cup runneth o'er. I figured this out as I was looking at maxdps.com and trying to remember the name of the last raid in this part of the expansion from the acronym "TES". After racking my brain, all I could come up with was Twilight: Epic Storyline, and Tower of Ethnic Stereotyping. I've just got no idea anymore.

Anyone else reached that point in their WoW life? Perhaps earlier? Or are you still able to keep them sorted?

btw, this is meant to be lighthearted, I'm not actually complaining. This is for fun.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

TES would be The Elder Scrolls to me no matter what anyone else said.

I started spelling all dungeon, raid, ability and scenario names out a while ago (Cata, I think). If anyone uses an acronym, I ask them what it means before giving any other response.

I think it's pretty fun to try to memorize everything. I don't know. I'm crazy, I suppose. =\

after a while we run into issues with multiple acronyms (brewmaster had to be BrM since BM is a hunter spec) and so on...i agree, actually...getting to the point where u have to second guess all the acronyms u come across lol

It's not just you. I stopped caring what things were called back in DS. There was "First guy" and "Blob guy" and Ping-Pong guy, followed by tower lady and tower dragon and boat and second boat and then third boat and madness.

Now we have Dogs, and ogre, four annoying guys, yet another troll boss, ulduar dragon, and add-a-palooza. I've run through Heart of Gimmicks on LFR twice now, not long enough to start coming up with names. I just hate how gimmicky all the fights seem to be. Oh wait though, the one guy is merry-go-round boss, though Tilt-a-whirl might be better due to the timing of his legs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm one of those people who think too much and have too much room in their brain so all this acronym nonsense isn't that bad for me, but there's no way I am keeping up with funky comp names/abbreviations, or the acronyms etc of new abilities for other classes or god forbid monk stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Markdall, I'm love those names. Ours were Stone Dogs, that guy, the troll, history class, sparkle dragon, and mob-o-matic. No names for Heart of Fear yet either, but I'm stealing Tilt-A-Whirl.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never really cared about the names. Especially not with the ones in MoP which are all a bit asian-themed and confusing as hell to remember xD

I barely use acronyms in the game. I've always thought it was lazy to use them. When asking for a "dps" in trade, I would type: I am looking for a damage per second class that will tag along with me and a few others to defeat a boss in __dungeon___."

Along those lines I guess...
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

You can't even call the instance "Terrace" because two of the raid instances are "Terrace"

10+ Year Old Account
    Dungeon and raid acronyms are fine, it's just when people start to use them for each and every single spell or ability ingame when I start to wonder wtf it means or if it REALLY makes reading easier :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Tldr, n'rly idk wtf?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

The problem is that you can't "unlearn" all the old acronyms that you don't use anymore. So you can't make room in your brain for new ones....lol

Deleted
    Terrace of Eternal Spring.

It's not that difficult.

Deleted
    I couldn't tell you the full name or acronym of a single dungeon, raid or zone in pandaria to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    (cannot wait to see if angry people post without reading the first post)

I have to say it's finally done it. I've played this game for years, and I can finally say...my brain just does not have enough room for all the acronyms anymore. Between all the class abilities, raid and dungeon names, world area names, arena combinations...my cup runneth o'er. I figured this out as I was looking at maxdps.com and trying to remember the name of the last raid in this part of the expansion from the acronym "TES". After racking my brain, all I could come up with was Twilight: Epic Storyline, and Tower of Ethnic Stereotyping. I've just got no idea anymore.

Anyone else reached that point in their WoW life? Perhaps earlier? Or are you still able to keep them sorted?

btw, this is meant to be lighthearted, I'm not actually complaining. This is for fun.
    I just make up names, and if it confuses someone that just is bonus.

TLA(*) and ETLA(**) overload are terrible terrible things.

(*) Three Letter Acronym

(**) Extended Three Letter Acronym
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    I started spelling all dungeon, raid, ability and scenario names out a while ago (Cata, I think). If anyone uses an acronym, I ask them what it means before giving any other response.
    Yeah I started doing this too. There's just too many different abbreviations and such for me to attempt to memorize them all. 33 talent trees and a shit ton of raids. People try to abbreviate it but it just confuses those of us who don't try to memorize everything within the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post
    Terrace of Eternal Spring.

It's not that difficult.
    I could be wrong but I was under the assumption it was "Terrace of ENDLESS spring"

It's not that difficult...