Page 1 of 2
LastLast

D3 so much fun again.

Came back after all the new changes and at first didnt think I was going to find a class I enjoyed. Got a wiz to 60 and tried Archon. Mowed everything down at lol speed but was slower than smoke on shit. Tried a WD next and it was a bit faster but kinda boring. I mean Acid Cloud spam got old fast. Next went back to my first class I ever tried which was a monk. Just hit 60 and went with a 2H build. 44% crit chance with 400% crit damage with a LS Skorn and 105k DPS unbuffed running a Tempest Rush build is just hilarious. I just hold down right click, run around, stay at full spirit cause my regen is 16 per second, and collect loot. I dont see what all the hype is over WW Barbs I am a lot faster. Also I dont have to ever worry about fury regen failing cause mobs die too fast. Its like Im playing frogger and Im driving an 18 wheeler.

Sure its only good for MP0-1 but for exp/loot farming why run anything else? If I ever want to do ubers I have a set of weapons for that.

tl:dr Diablo 2 is awesome.

Post constructively, please
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-11-20 at 02:34 PM.

glad you're having fun, wish i felt the same way

Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    glad you're having fun, wish i felt the same way
    Well nothing else really worth playing right now only reason I came back. Didnt like MoP after getting 2 chars to 90. Also hated GW2 but going by GW2guru and official forums so does everyone else lol.

The monster power changes really got me back into the game as well. On D2 that was my favorite thing to do, and I never understood why they took it out. I loved making a new character and playing at /players 8 and trying to beat all three modes just by myself with what dropped. Progress is slow as hell but I find it fun. Now I can do it in D3 too.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Yeah, I quit D3 back in early August after hitting a major gear-wall in Inferno on my Monk and Wizard, and now I come back late-October to find everything easier and great gear now a lot more accessible. Currently farming MP5 for my Hellfire ring and having a ton of fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know I'd have more fun if the quality of these items weren't so terrible like It's pretty bad you know playing for like 12 hours straight and every single legendary every single piece of yellow is horrible like It's atrocious

Like WHY is their strength on bows? Can anyone explain that? A few bits armor? Like so much Randomness into the god dam game

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    You know I'd have more fun if the quality of these items weren't so terrible like It's pretty bad you know playing for like 12 hours straight and every single legendary every single piece of yellow is horrible like It's atrocious

Like WHY is their strength on bows? Can anyone explain that? A few bits armor? Like so much Randomness into the god dam game
    Hey, at least you're having legendaries drop.

I get maybe 1 per day if that

The quality of the loot feels a lot better than it was at the start of the game, regardless. Though the "average" stuff is harder to sell now.

Deleted

It's Diablo. Good items wouldn't be worth shit if they were as common as you want them to be.

Side-note, why do you write like that? There are so many errors I feel like you have to be doing it on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhas View Post
    tl:dr Diablo 3 is awesome.
    Fixed that for you mate, think your in the wrong forum.

This. Until Blizzard haven't addet the new Shako, Maras, Oculus, Lidless Shield wall, Stormtrek, Verdugons belt, I will defiantly say they have work to do with items inn the game.

You knew when stuff like that dropped in Diablo2, you we're set. Many unique items inn Diablo2 didnt have these redicously big roll gaps, where the lowest roll is 100% useless, and even a medium roll aint much better. So basicly I want my shako back...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    This. Until Blizzard haven't addet the new Shako, Maras, Oculus, Lidless Shield wall, Stormtrek, Verdugons belt, I will defiantly say they have work to do with items inn the game.

You knew when stuff like that dropped in Diablo2, you we're set. Many unique items inn Diablo2 didnt have these redicously big roll gaps, where the lowest roll is 100% useless, and even a medium roll aint much better. So basicly I want my shako back...
    And as an effect, all items' worth will drop by 75%. Yay, fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    Hey, at least you're having legendaries drop.

The quality of the loot feels a lot better than it was at the start of the game, regardless. Though the "average" stuff is harder to sell now.
    Yea, I don't like the commonness of the average stuff now. It's just stupid that you have to sell epics/set items with okay stats for 50K gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Ituhippi View Post
    Yea, I don't like the commonness of the average stuff now. It's just stupid that you have to sell epics/set items with okay stats for 50K gold.
    One per day ?? Did they increase drop rate dramatically ?? How much do you play ??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcinder View Post
    One per day ?? Did they increase drop rate dramatically ?? How much do you play ??
    Yes, doubled. Plus MP helps. If I try, I can get a couple per day, and if I'm really lucky, one or two is sellable. Beauty of Diablo (not sarcasm).

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    I get maybe 1 per week. :P

Sucks even more getting a Legendary that looks awesome and then finding out it's worth shit on the AH. "HOLY SHIT is that a Stormshield?! YES! YES I'M RICH! AHAHAHAH- wait it's only worth 50k on the AH. FUCK!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Those suicide mobs 1-shot my companion on MP5 :O The Keep is a nice place to grab the first stacks of NV but I'm thinking about grabbing them in Stonefort, then jumping to the Crossing --> siegebreaker --> keymaster

Good for you. I've been playing for several days and I am bored as hell (have a Barb, DH and a Wizzard all level 60 on inferno farm). I would turn on the game for couple of minutes and then just alt + f4.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    I get maybe 1 per week. :P

Sucks even more getting a Legendary that looks awesome and then finding out it's worth shit on the AH. "HOLY SHIT is that a Stormshield?! YES! YES I'M RICH! AHAHAHAH- wait it's only worth 50k on the AH. FUCK!"
    I've only ever seen one legendary drop the entire time I played

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    Came back after all the new changes and at first didnt think I was going to find a class I enjoyed. Got a wiz to 60 and tried Archon. Mowed everything down at lol speed but was slower than smoke on shit. Tried a WD next and it was a bit faster but kinda boring. I mean Acid Cloud spam got old fast. Next went back to my first class I ever tried which was a monk. Just hit 60 and went with a 2H build. 44% crit chance with 400% crit damage with a LS Skorn and 105k DPS unbuffed running a Tempest Rush build is just hilarious. I just hold down right click, run around, stay at full spirit cause my regen is 16 per second, and collect loot. I dont see what all the hype is over WW Barbs I am a lot faster. Also I dont have to ever worry about fury regen failing cause mobs die too fast. Its like Im playing frogger and Im driving an 18 wheeler.

Sure its only good for MP0-1 but for exp/loot farming why run anything else? If I ever want to do ubers I have a set of weapons for that.
    Diablo 3 is very stable in player numbers on that Xfire sample since patch 1.05.

Reason is simple: D3 in its core design is BETTER suited than an MMORPG these days.

No attunements, no reputation needed, adaptable (challenging) monster play, faster, quick playing sessions... and an endless hunt for keys/organs/better rings.

Add in another Legendary crafted item with 4 new über bosses and we are set till Feb to have the PvP launch.

---

if they are smart they'll include premade gear/soft to get gear and VERY hard to get gear in PvP.

it wouldn't surprise me that in the free to choose gear competition, the game could tackle games like LOL with ease.

The game's engine (once loaded into a new zone) is simply far better than those DOTA kind of games atm.

I have no idea though what Blizzard wants to do with D3 PvP because they have other projects in that direction like Blizzard's All Stars.

But when I look at how fast D3's engine is I am convinced it is even better than SC2 in that engine department (supposed base for Blizzard's DOAT game...)

We'll see.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-11-20 at 04:16 PM.