Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Why..?
    This is something that's been puzzling me lately; why do people use bots in battlegrounds? What do they gain from it?
    Something else that troubles me is that I've seen Arena Masters, Hero of the Alliance/Horde and Grand Marshals/Warlords botting. What possible reason could they have for doing it?
    What do they gain? Honor, Conquest, and HKs. For free. With no effort. No work.
    People are lazy, and they just don't want to work for rewards. That should've answered your question before you made this post, it's very obvious. Venting that you hate bots and that you think you're better than someone for using it, is pointless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    i like to bot in BGS when i hit max level because it isnt fun getting 1 shot vs full pvp geared players. then i play manually with good gear because its a lot more fun and you have a chance at more balanced gameplay
    Thats the whole part of the enjoyment of pvp (imo) seeing how your character progresses and gets better as you gear.

Path of least resistance. Or no resistance in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Thenamedosentfi View Post
    Thats the whole part of the enjoyment of pvp (imo) seeing how your character progresses and gets better as you gear.
    its a lot more enjoyable in PVE though. you can do sha of anger which is an amazing world pvp/pve experience and get amazing boots and if youre lucky some other piece of very good loot - all of this in about 10 minutes. Meanwhile you have to struggle getting 1 shot having no chance at contributing to your team for a half dozen games to get a single semi bad piece of pvp gear
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

People bot because in essence they get something for free or in a shorter amount of playtime(actual play time not bot time).

Its kinda like asking why people steal: Some can't afford to not to while others do it for convenience or thrill.

10+ Year Old Account
    People bot, usually to get gear. They may want current gear, or they want to get conquest capped for the week without ruining their high arena/rbg rating. All are logical reasons, the fact that it's tough to win with these bots is irrelevant. If you're mad because someone is botting, and getting away with it, quit being a little bish and get over it. I think it's dumb, and totally not worth the risk, but I'm not going to be a snitch and report them. People are bad at pvp 95% of the time anyways, it's not like one actual player could fix that one bot running into the middle of the field and standing there starstrukk. Imo leave bots alone, they make real server economies strive, if you're jealous of them, stop being a coward and join them.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I have never understood is why people insist on demanding Blizzard 'do something' about it.

What would you have them do?
    There isn't a test that a smart/determined/well-equipped individual cannot get around. If you have any understanding at all of the technical side of things, you know that it's not as simple as some people would have you believe.

They cannot stop them at the source.

They implemented a report function so that you can report suspected botters - and you can often see this working, removing them from the Battleground in mid-game. Unfortunately, due to player abuse, that report function is easy to circumvent as well - bots that go and kill stuff (or even try to) can get around it. If players were honest about reporting actual botters/afk'ers (rather than just reporting someone who is talking shit, or is not appreciating the shit-talking, as the case may be), then Blizzard may have been a little more strict with their criteria for determining guilt. In the end, players have no one to blame but themselves for this.

Still, this brings me back to my main point, which is this: what would you have them do?

They do it because they are the scum of Azeroth. They are completely utterly selfish and don't give a damn about how they have ruined a big part of the game for the rest of the population. As you can see they have all sorts of excuses for their lazy thoughtless behavior but its just scum trying to justify themselves.

They are the lowest of the low in this game. Lower then trolls in chat even lower then the gold sellers.
    Last edited by Raginghobo; 2012-11-21 at 03:04 PM.

i bot because the the farthest extent of "playing the game" outside of arena i do is getting on my mount to fly to the great wall of china to buy more conquest gear. its not my fault the rest of the game is boring as fuck. tournament realm is the best part of the game, too bad its not a separate game.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Because they can, simple as that.

I bot because I have more important/enjoyable things to do than farm honor gear on my third alt--like spending time with my friends and gf or working on my med uni stuff.

The only problem I have with bots is when people use them to gain an unfair advantage. There is actually a semi-bot out there that runs scripts for interrupting casters within 0.1 second of their cast (making juking virtually impossible) or clicking on a flag (ensuring that your team returns your flag or picks up theirs when the FC is down).

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny how "honorable" kills are not earned honorably with botting.

You guys should NEVER use bots. It's not right, in any situation. It's okay if there's no unfair advantage? No. Your team has an unfair disadvantage.

Oh how I wish punishment by Blizzard would be worse.
    Last edited by Zeglo; 2012-11-21 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeglo View Post
    Funny how "honorable" kills are not earned honorably with botting.

You guys should NEVER use bots. It's not right, in any situation. It's okay if there's no unfair advantage? No. Your team has an unfair disadvantage.

Oh how I wish punishment by Blizzard would be worse.
    The bot I used a couple years ago was capable of healing better than most human players because it had faster reaction times and wasn't hindered by a clunky UI. It was usually #1 on amount healed in every BG it played. Sometimes I even worried it might bring too much attention to itself by playing too well.

I'm assuming there are better bots now, so the opposite of your statement may be closer to the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSecretAccount View Post
    I sense a tinge of jealousy/resentment.

It's called working smart instead of working hard. Gonna be very tough to get ahead in life if you have a problem grasping that concept.
    It's more like stealing or cheating people out of stuff to earn money, if you use the RL example. If you get caught botting then you lose far more than you've gained, whereas if you just work hard at it you aren't going to lose it due to that effort.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Deleted
    I use a bot in bgs to get pvp gear then I never use it again. And other bots annoy me, yes.

Same reason I used to afk the shit out of AV. PVP gear is easy to get, better than most pve gear you get leveling up.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the gear grind, slowly noticing myself become more powerful. Just takes a large part out of the game imo while completely ruining the experience for everyone else. Just selfish twats that have no consideration for other players basically.

So they can bypass the chore of earning the gear and instead focus on having a level playing field once they have obtained it, of course with bots filling spots in a Bg it is never a equal playing field so most of these people are simply using bots for the gear needed to advance into rated bg's and arena's.

Essentially they do it because it is the easiest path from Point A to the desired destination of point B

I knew a dude back in cata he used to sell lvl 85 toons with full honor gear, and he obviously wasnt lvling those toons or farming the gear, he was selling them for like $150-$200 so pretty easy money. I know thats not why a lot of ppl bot but i know that guy did it to sell the toons and he was making some decent money out of it, enough to pay his bills.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2012-11-21 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    I like the gear grind, slowly noticing myself become more powerful. Just takes a large part out of the game imo while completely ruining the experience for everyone else. Just selfish twats that have no consideration for other players basically.
    It's got nothing to do with other players at all. You're an exception. Most people don't like the gear grind, or the disadvantage that comes with being undergeared, so they bypass it. I don't bot, but I get it. Sometimes by the time I have the gear I'm burnt out and don't even really enjoy the benefits of being fully geared. I've always been tempted to bot, at least for the first season of each expansion, but I don't because with my luck, I'd be one of the few to get caught and banned.