I don't know what "gcd locked" means... can you help me understand it?

I was reading the EJ guide and it mentioned being gcd locked. For one, I don't know how to spot this because I don't really know what it means. I'm sure I've probably seen it but just not recognized it with the label "gcd locked". Is there any video or anything that shows what this looks like?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBalls View Post
    I was reading the EJ guide and it mentioned being gcd locked. For one, I don't know how to spot this because I don't really know what it means. I'm sure I've probably seen it but just not recognized it with the label "gcd locked". Is there any video or anything that shows what this looks like?
    If your global cooldown (gcd) is 1s, it means you cant spend your resources fast enough and the only limiting factor is the gcd (ie. not your rune or RP).

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Basically it means that you're using abilities every GCD, and wasting resources. For DKs, this means that you never run out of runes/RP. You might think this is a good thing, but this actually means that there's some wasted stats that could improve your DPS elsewhere. It's kinda like being hard-capped for Hit.

If you are GCD locked, then you are always using abilities at each global cooldown. You have no downtime. There is no moment in your rotation you're standing there, waiting for cooldowns/ressources.

Good examples of GCD-capped classes are pretty much all casters, since they have a filler spell. I don't know about DKs, but they might be "gcd capped" too
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Casters aren't really GCD locked, because their abilities have cast-times. DKs are not GCD-locked.

WW monks and DPS warriors are good examples of GCD-locked specs.