Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pokemon by far, the newer generation gets a lot of hate. But I feel it's coming along well, I love the looks of the new Pokemon, the new play feel. As a Pokemon player since Gen 1, I'd say Gen 5 is just as good if not better.

Also fuck Gen 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    RIFT, i feel that too many people quit it early on and arn't bothering to try it again, i recomend you do try it, it's just like WoW but so much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sindrasa View Post
    RIFT, i feel that too many people quit it early on and arn't bothering to try it again, i recomend you do try it, it's just like WoW but so much better.
    What aspects does rift have making it better than WoW? I've been meaning to try it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Monster Hunter! Not very popular in the west. It's my favorite video game series of all time and we only get like 1/3 of the games Japan gets
    Totally agreed I want to play the MMO so freaking bad!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Spin86 View Post
    Age of Mythology.
    Common sense seems to be that its just a "bad Age of Empires 2", but I loved all the mythological aspects and the game in general. Played lots of multiplayer with my friend(s).
    I dont remember seeing any bad comments about AoM, are you sure its hated?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I dont remember seeing any bad comments about AoM, are you sure its hated?
    I'd say it was underrated, not hated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhiu View Post
    What aspects does rift have making it better than WoW? I've been meaning to try it.

Quite alot of things, not as grindy, better graphics (If you turn them up to max) Better community (In part due to it being smaller) More ways to level up (Questing/pvp/dungeons/rifts/zone events/instant adventures), A major patch every two months or so (Good quality ones too) each coming with it's own world event and loot.

In the ways that it's like wow...well the combat is the same, as are most of the buttons, if you play wow you'll know how to play RIFT, the talent tree's are much more intersting too, especially when you hit level 50 (You unlock something called planar attunement) In general it's alot more fun, and it feels like i have more freedom than i did in WoW Especially at end game.

On topic: I also feel that Fable II was hated but it's one of my all-time favorate games.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2012-11-20 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhiu View Post
    Pokemon by far, the newer generation gets a lot of hate. But I feel it's coming along well, I love the looks of the new Pokemon, the new play feel. As a Pokemon player since Gen 1, I'd say Gen 5 is just as good if not better.

Also fuck Gen 3.
    i dont know what world you live in O-O the majority of people who have played the new generation games like them and they still sell really well however the anime hasnt been good since season 2 and gets alot of well deserved hate.

gen 4 gets alot of hate though since it ruined alot of pokemon to most people. gen 3 and gen 2 are usually considered the best games but black and white 2 are my favorites since all the gen 5 pokemon are based off gen 1 pokemon
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    evil islands. hated because it's unbelievable hard and unforgiving. i really wish my cd wasn't run over by a desk-chair

FFXIII-2 i understand the ending hate but I really enjoyed this game

Gotta go with Zaelsino and Gallahadd; Shadow Hearts for sure.

While it wouldn't really count as a game series, I do really like Funcom games. The Longest Journey and Dreamfall were awesome imo, and their MMOs usually turn out to be pretty good after ironing out rough launches. Funcom has some good ideas (not always implemented and/or executed well, of course) and great writers.

another i really love is the kingdom hearts series while its pretty popular it gets alot of flak for being "convoluted" and "having too many spin offs" while the story could be confusing for someone whos never played the games, if you play them in the correct order everything makes sense plus only one game is really a spin off (re:coded) because all the other ones are very important to the main plot
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Mass Effect 3. I feel like a part of a minority who actually likes the game despite its faults.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    The Matrix: Path of Neo.

I think it's a pretty underrated game, not sure, but I love it a lot. Need to play it again.
    Totally agree. This is what Enter The Matrix should have been.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    Spec Ops: The Line. (We need more games like this in future)
    Awesome awesome awesome game...and I hate shooters ^^

I'd guess I'd say Dwarf Fortress, but I'm not sure it's underrated. I think the people that went through the many many hours to learn it normally actually quite like it ^^

The Professor Layton series. They do have a decent sized fanbase, but I rarely, if ever, see them mentioned. It's my favourite DS series, and the 3rd game is one of my favourite games ever.

Another one is Kirby Air Ride. I honestly think it's the best Kirby game ever made.

One of the most underrated games I knew as of late is Medabots RPG. The game is easily in league with Pokemon, maybe even better. Especially for its time.

The second most hated and underrated game I know off is easily C&C: Renegade. It got a lot of hate, because people didn't like that Westwood suddenly wanted to make a FPS instead of another RTS with C&C. The multiplayer was actually great fun, and the singleplayer was decent aswell, especially if you compare it to most modern FPS singleplayers...

For me the following never got the appreciation or audience they deserved:

Champions of Norrath
    Warhammer 40k: Space Marine
    Fallout Tactics
    Sword of the Stars
    The Witcher series

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    For me, it was Too Human. I loved playing that game but never really understood the hate for it.
    Yea I never understood the dislike for too human either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    another i really love is the kingdom hearts series while its pretty popular it gets alot of flak for being "convoluted" and "having too many spin offs" while the story could be confusing for someone whos never played the games, if you play them in the correct order everything makes sense plus only one game is really a spin off (re:coded) because all the other ones are very important to the main plot
    I may aswell ask you because you might know it: Are they bringing out a 3rd game for a large console (PS, Wii, etc.) in the main series? As in, 1 and 2 were on the PS2, then they just went into spinoff mode.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 02:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i dont know what world you live in O-O the majority of people who have played the new generation games like them and they still sell really well however the anime hasnt been good since season 2 and gets alot of well deserved hate.

gen 4 gets alot of hate though since it ruined alot of pokemon to most people. gen 3 and gen 2 are usually considered the best games but black and white 2 are my favorites since all the gen 5 pokemon are based off gen 1 pokemon
    Probably not underated, or hated too much. But I'd guess hated, as in a fair few people complain that they are just getting lazy with pokemon designs, like an icecream with a face, or a pile of trash with a face. When, in reality, Gen 1 featured things like Voltorb and Electrobe, Magnemite and Magneton, and Grimer and Muk. Look me in the eye and tell me those aren't objects with faces.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.