Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

MMR Exploit Update

mmmh didn't see a thread and most of you I know don't exactly read the front page anyway here you go

"In addition to the measures already discussed, as a result of the rating inflation that occurred due to the exploitative activity, all Team Ratings and MMR above 2200 will be reset to 2200 during the upcoming maintenance."
    - > Target source http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7178648624#6 with a blue ~
    - > Same source full blue http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...ading-updated/
    Last edited by Resentful; 2012-11-20 at 05:08 AM.

Deleted
    O-la-la, my faith in Blizzard has been restored.

It's a start on the way to rejuvenating my faith in blizzard.
    they still need to balance classes though, especially mages warlocks and shamans (the tournament this year was lol)

Fantastic news, well played Blizz.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Deleted
    Shame they don't care about europe...

Hey, I saw it on the front page! But yeah, good on ya Blizz.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha yo everyone cmon check out the front page look how many people are ''Innocent'' hell look it the official forums It's AMAZINGLY entertaining

Deleted
    So I'll guess once again this is US only?

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    mmmh didn't see a thread and most of you I know don't exactly read the front page anyway here you go

- > Target source http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7178648624#6 with a blue ~
    - > Same source full blue http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...ading-updated/

Can any1 tell me what/how people did this, sorry for my ignorance, i just dont pvp enough nor am i even good enough to get 1500 rating...lol, to understand what people were doing.

Thanks.
    Jeric

Quote Originally Posted by Jeric View Post
    Can any1 tell me what/how people did this, sorry for my ignorance, i just dont pvp enough nor am i even good enough to get 1500 rating...lol, to understand what people were doing.

Thanks.
    Jeric

Basically, you have a group of people work together and do this (in the case of 2s):

Player A has a main: Warrior1 (90)
    Player A has an alt: Priest1(90)

Player B has a main: Mage1 (90)
    Player B has an alt: DK1(90)

Player W has a main: Rogue1 (90)
    Player W has an alt: Monk1(90)

Player X has a main: Hunter1 (90)
    Player X has an alt: Paladin1(90)

A+B creates two teams, their main team C (Warrior1,Mage1) and an alt team D (Priest1,DK1)
    W+X create two teams, their main team Y(Rogue1, DK1) and an alt team Z(Monk1,Paladin1)

All four players agree to "Trade Wins" which means

Main Team C will farm the Alt Team Z for wins, in exchange

Main Team Y will get to farm Alt Team D

This allows wins and points to be recorded, giving them free conquest and higher MMR.

On another note, a lot of people are complaining that they didn't cheat, but their partners actually did. In that case, I say you are SOL, your partner cheated, and you are, by design tied to them. If he padded his threes and got gear, and did twos with you, unfairly he got an advantage in the form of gear, which ties you to cheating, whether or not you know it.

Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by avamore View Post

On another note, a lot of people are complaining that they didn't cheat, but their partners actually did. In that case, I say you are SOL, your partner cheated, and you are, by design tied to them. If he padded his threes and got gear, and did twos with you, unfairly he got an advantage in the form of gear, which ties you to cheating, whether or not you know it.
    This logic is mind numbingly idiotic.... how in gods name am i to know how a random bro i get out of trade to 2s with has padded his MMR via win trading or not?

i.e. Random guy who is a murder lets you borrow 20$ that came from the victim, you get gas chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandoh View Post
    This logic is mind numbingly idiotic.... how in gods name am i to know how a random bro i get out of trade to 2s with has padded his MMR via win trading or not?

i.e. Random guy who is a murder lets you borrow 20$ that came from the victim, you get gas chamber.

That isn't how you are supposed to think of it really.

It's more like a pawn shop and stolen jewelry. You being the shop owner, and your partner the thief.

You buy an item from a random stranger on the cheap side, unknowing that it is stolen.
    Police find out that the item is stolen, you lose the item because it was never yours (or his) to begin with.

I'm not saying it's entirely fair, but I think no matter how you spin it, you (unknowingly) had an advantage over a team who didn't.

I don't think either of those analogies are very strong.

Consider a relay swimming team. If one guy gets caught for doping, they are all disqualified.

Or what happened to the Canadian Men's 4 x 100 team in the Olympics. They finished 3rd, but one guy ran out of his lane. Did they give bronze medals to the other 3 guys? They didn't run out of their lanes. Nope. Team disqualified.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinsoul View Post
    I don't think either of those analogies are very strong.

Consider a relay swimming team. If one guy gets caught for doping, they are all disqualified.

Or what happened to the Canadian Men's 4 x 100 team in the Olympics. They finished 3rd, but one guy ran out of his lane. Did they give bronze medals to the other 3 guys? They didn't run out of their lanes. Nope. Team disqualified.

You cant compare apples to oranges.

Imagine this but in a PVE scenario.
    Guy exploits raid with guild X.
    Leaves guild to join yours.
    Guild X Members and yours get all their raid gear removed ,valor and justice resetted and all their rep back to honored.

You think this is fair? To your guild?

In your analogy what happen?
    Team gets disqualified and no bronze.
    You could only compare it to wow if players only had their team disbanded and MMR retested (I know MMR is not the same has rating but the higer the MMR the higher your ratting wil get)
    I don't know what happen in the Olympics but if any of them were banned from the olympics it was only the dope guy not like in wow all players in the team.
    Last edited by mmocce676f6b0f; 2012-11-21 at 05:26 PM.

W/e analogy you use is irregardless as i see it. (since i don't really agree with those ether)

Why am i being punished for playing all my games legit and fair?
    Because i played with someone who did some win/trade games?
    Ok maybe i can get a warning or like a 3 hour ban or something explaining i should be more careful?
    Not a 3 day ban and fucking character wipe..... that's like giving the pawn shop owner life in prison, instead of taking the item and investigating to find the the real culprit.

This is just a ridiculous way to treat a player base that pays a monthly few and expect a certain level of service for it.
    Using a chainsaw where a scalpel is needed is totally unacceptable.

W/e analogy you use is irregardless as i see it. (since i don't really agree with those ether)

Ok maybe i can get a warning or like a 3 hour ban or something explaining i should be more careful?
    Not a 3 day ban and fucking character wipe..... that's like giving the pawn shop owner life in prison, instead of taking the item and investigating to find the the real culprit.

This is just a ridiculous way to treat a player base that pays a monthly few and expect a certain level of service for it.
    Keep lying more bro.

How can you be sure to meet your farm team ?
    And the mmr of those farm team will be low so they will not give more rating to main team ?
    I'm still missing something i guess lol

Basically, you have a group of people work together and do this (in the case of 2s):

A+B creates two teams, their main team C (Warrior1,Mage1) and an alt team D (Priest1,DK1)
    W+X create two teams, their main team Y(Rogue1, DK1) and an alt team Z(Monk1,Paladin1)

This allows wins and points to be recorded, giving them free conquest and higher MMR.

Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by velnis View Post
    Keep lying more bro.
    cool troll post bro.
    good input.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martgsr View Post
    How can you be sure to meet your farm team ?
    And the mmr of those farm team will be low so they will not give more rating to main team ?
    I'm still missing something i guess lol
    It's random, but the higher your mmr the greater chance of getting them

You already have your qq thread, keep it there.

Hope that helps!
    Additionally, there was an exploit that would allow players to not lose MMR when they lost a match, I believe this is relevant also.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 06:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    It's random, but the higher your mmr the greater chance of getting them

You already have your qq thread, keep it there.
    It was actually not random. There was also an exploit to greatly increase the chance of meeting the desired team, as long as both teams did the trick to make that happen. I'm not going into details obviously, but yes, it was not necessarily random. Of course, you could still meet other teams if unlucky. And indeed, the higher the MMR the less chance of meeting a random team, especially with said exploit. I must add that, to my knowledge, this has not been fixed yet. I could find no documentation or evidence it has been fixed anyway (I never tried it, nor do I plan to, so I can't test if it has been fixed).

Add to this the exploit to not lose MMR when you lose to a team that isn't part of your wintrading, and you could get high ratings very very fast.
    Last edited by Cirque; 2012-11-21 at 05:52 PM.