IS there a way to queue LFR as one spec, and get loot as another?

My tank set is pretty much fully geared now, while my healing set is all greens. I would really like to gear my healing spec, but would be unable to preform the role very well in my current gear.

Can I get my heal gear while tanking or do something like queue as a DPS but be in heal spec?

10+ Year Old Account
    Queue as whatever role, stay in the spec you want gear on.

Yeah, I did this my first couple weeks of LFR since I run two specs during my main raid. I researched who dropped what, Queued as DPS and just traded off on boss that I needed DPS gear or Tank gear. Also allowed me to save the LFR a few times when fail tanks where in there, I could just dump presence and pick up whatever till the tank got re-upped. My DPS wasn't that awful so it wasn't hurting anyone. I notice it being lower now that everyone has geared up, I only queue as a tank after I've done the LFR fully as DPS a couple times so I can get a good feel for the fights and not cause someone to choke me.

Deleted
    Hopefully the system works based on the role you choose when entering, not the spec. Otherwise people like OP would just que as DPS and play in heal spec to get healing loot or something.

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 08:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Yeah, I did this my first couple weeks of LFR since I run two specs during my main raid. I researched who dropped what, Queued as DPS and just traded off on boss that I needed DPS gear or Tank gear. Also allowed me to save the LFR a few times when fail tanks where in there, I could just dump presence and pick up whatever till the tank got re-upped. My DPS wasn't that awful so it wasn't hurting anyone. I notice it being lower now that everyone has geared up, I only queue as a tank after I've done the LFR fully as DPS a couple times so I can get a good feel for the fights and not cause someone to choke me.
    Okay, seems it works based on talents then, sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ituhippi View Post
    Hopefully the system works based on the role you choose when entering, not the spec. Otherwise people like OP would just que as DPS and play in heal spec to get healing loot or something.

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 08:37 AM ----------

Okay, seems it works based on talents then, sigh.
    Would you prefer it if I queued as heals and go OOM 30 seconds into the fight so you are down 1 healer?