Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome video, Blizzard seems to always be on top of their game in their video editing department.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    Yeah i agree, take WotLK for example, it was "cool" to hate it. Now I occasionally see people worship it.
    And back then, I was waiting for that to happen. So delicious...
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    There's this concept called "fun." I know it's foreign to most of the people on this forum, but perhaps you should look into it; there's a school of thought that suggests it's integral to why people play games.

wonder what rating treshhold they'll set for the arena investigations, I cap with my alts every week having several accounts, so I guess I wintrade myself even tho the rating is crap :P

10+ Year Old Account
    "Well, to be fair Blizz open the door to this when they allowed us to hide our helmets...that makes less sense than hiding shoulders ".... how exactly does that many any sense what so ever? Last time i checked the helm was covering a face... which is a lot more important than seeing bare shoulders. That person must be really stupid or is a woman, which is the same in most cases lol

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-11-20 at 05:24 PM.

Deleted
    That # boss pulls is useless, it's only good if it stops counting after their first kill!

Quote Originally Posted by jakj View Post
    A "retrospective video" just to show off all the content they designed with planned obsolescence and threw away, stepping over the shards to keep tossing new shinies at the ADD kids? The hell with that. The only reason I keep watching news for this piss-poor company is hoping they some day get a grip on things and adopt an "all content is worthwhile content" attitude like GW2 has, but so far, I don't see even a glimmer of hope.
    Couple of things. A lot of that content is still run today, either by twink guilds for gear or small groups farming them for transmog/pets/mounts/achieves, and I think that's enough for most people. Even if stuff like MC was scaled up to 90 (god forbid, I never want to see the inside of that place again) the mechanics are dated and dull. It would create a huge heap of stuff for Blizz to balance classes around, and I don't see it being anything other than a mess.

Secondly, not to bash GW2 or anything, but Anet apparently doesn't understand what their statement means. Yes there's downscaling to give you a tiny semblance of difficulty (you still 1-2 shot stuff even downscaled so it doesn't really matter), but as an 80 there's zero reason (outside of map completion) to go to lower level zones. Want to know where the max level population is right now? Lost Shores/Fractals. Because that's what the "worthwhile" content is.

tl;dr: WoW is fine as is, go play (or stay with, if you are playing already) GW if you like what they did with their game so much.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

It's silly of them to call the 8th anniversary in-game latter "a bug", geez is it so hard to say someone screwed up? Nobody died and this isn't going to make your stock price drop either.

Deleted
    curse weekly news talk about minecon lol how sad and pathetic is that its a crap game crap graphics can just imagine some minecraft nerd saying will you put anymore cubes in the game or will you add triangles so i can make my hosue look better, sad and pathetic get a life minecraft noobs

Healers need to do more damage

"everyone would probably have to switch to damage dealing specs or tanking specs (imagine double healers facing each other)"

For years, Blizzard has ignored an obvious flaw in WoW - healers do too little damage. Why are tanks, who are a defensive spec just like healers, viable in arena but healers not? Because tanks do respectable damage, enough to potentially kill dps specs and even each other. Healers, in contrast, cannot kill anyone who is equally geared and at the keyboard, because their damage output is lower than can easily be handled by the various defenses of even dps classes, let alone tanks or other healers. Healers also have minimal burst capability, making it almost impossible to finish someone off even if the healer does manage to get them low.

Why SHOULDN'T healers do more damage, more like 75% of a DPS spec rather than 40%? Would it mess up raiding? Nope. Blizzard could easily tune around this and even create more bosses where the healers were expected to dps in some phases. As it is now, they do so little damage that is rarely worth the bother. Soloing? Heck no, healers need more damage here than anywhere else. Few people solo/quest as healers precisely because of their poor damage output. So that only leaves PvP, where more damage would solve the problem of healers being unable to kill anyone without help (which is insanely NOT fun from the healer's point of view!!!) and create overall better balance in small-scale situations. The only downside is the larger brackets might need to be re-balanced if healers become OP, but this isn't all that hard to do.

Up healer damage now, thank you very much.

Well if healers would do, like you say 75% dps of a damage dealer than dps role in PvP is just thrown out. Any "pure dps" will be replaced by healer as only healer spec would be capable to withstand the other healer.

In both way. To heal themself and even to kill the opposing healer. Pure dpser would have no chance whatsoever 'cause if he cannot kill the healer "soon", he will just die "later". So fat chance that Blizz devs will throw balance away in such a way.

On the other hand it would be nice if

Resto Shaman, Resto Druid , Disc Priest would be a viable setup up in Arena

Or just imagine to throw in the above setup also Holy Paladin and Mistweaver Monk and you would have a killer 5v5 combo.

Well you can still dream about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Andelormon View Post
    Ba-ba-ba-ban hammer. Sucks to be all those people that 1)Cheated, and 2) Everyone over 2200 rating already.
    Banning won't happen. Blizzard does not resort to mass closure of accounts for exploitation, although they do for use of 3rd party hacks and bots. This action amounts to a slap on the wrist, which is the punishment they hand out for lots of different infractions anymore. Years ago you would get banned if you so much as pulled a boss in a way they didn't like or used the F word in trade. The game has evolved since though, you won't see any closures due to exploiting an unfair advantage anymore and trolling/harassing is a new E-sport in the game.

Realistically a rollback to 2200 for everyone isn't that bad, the people that are really that good will gain their MMR and gear back in no time. Everyone else will threaten ragequit but probably won't.

loll at amount of pulls stats. That's where you clearly see dedication and patience is way more important than skills. I don't mean to discredit the top guilds, but it just proves that while you have to be a good player, you primary have to be patient and have endurance. OVER a hundred of tries!!! WTF!!! I think that's more attempts on 1 boss than actualy raid kills I ever did myself, in 8 years! And they do these hundreds of attempts in a the same night!

I now realise why guilds were against the 20 attempts per boss gating in Wrath.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    loll at amount of pulls stats. That's where you clearly see dedication and patience is way more important than skills. I don't mean to discredit the top guilds, but it just proves that while you have to be a good player, you primary have to be patient and have endurance. OVER a hundred of tries!!! WTF!!! I think that's more attempts on 1 boss than actualy raid kills I ever did myself, in 8 years! And they do these hundreds of attempts in a the same night!

I now realise why guilds were against the 20 attempts per boss gating in Wrath.
    A hundred attempts on a boss is nothing. That's considered a easy boss. Ragnaros HC in Firelands took the first guild more than 500.

I'm glad they are finally at least talking about the shoulder issue. I really hope they'll come around and allow people hide shoulders. It's something i been hoping for since the very first day i had to put shoulders on.
    For me, shoulders totally destroy the silhouette of my characters. Beside, it's hard to find shoulders that are not over the top and still fit together with the rest of my outfits.

Haha. The amount of pulls stats will really screw over the hardcore guilds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is Pico? Is she done @ Curse?

Deleted
    That wow video brought tears to my eyes. Sooo many memories.

Whatching the video brought back memories and at the same time showed just how amazing the graphic quality is in MoP. Amazing what 8 years can do

BC was the best x-pac but Arthas was best bad guy. I don't know why I felt compelled to post this but I done did it.