Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Guess what I just bought off the GTN

Two artifact authorizations for 350k each. (normally, 1200 cartel coins)
    The system works. The free market has spoken.
    You can play f2p without spending a dime. Or a nickle.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Two artifact authorizations for 350k each. (normally, 1200 cartel coins)
    The system works. The free market has spoken.
    You can play f2p without spending a dime. Or a nickle.
    Very cool. With luck the prices on those unlocks will stay under 350k.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    Very cool. With luck the prices on those unlocks will stay under 350k.
    It's not really luck, though. People want to make money. If they are selling something above what a population can afford they will have to lower their price.

Selling a 500 dollar tablet in the congo won't work.

Deleted
    It's not really luck, though. People want to make money. If they are selling something above what a population can afford they will have to lower their price.

Selling a 500 dollar tablet in the congo won't work.
    You're right. I forgot that the credit limit is 350k so charging over that is nonsensical.

So basically, you can do your black hole dailies 5 days a week, purchase a pvp pass. Pvp for free. For ever.

Deleted
    yeah i saw the same passes for a million yesterday im waiting for them to realise theyre crazy before getting them for a friend, though ive not seen any for unlocks of actionbars yet...

Deleted
    Might just be a question of time till EA decides the system doesn't work well enough for them. I really hope I'm wrong though. Already grouped up with a few of the f2p guys and they are people too .

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Might just be a question of time till EA decides the system doesn't work well enough for them. I really hope I'm wrong though. Already grouped up with a few of the f2p guys and they are people too .
    I was on belsavis and watched a guy call all f2pers poor, lazy, and a bunch of homophobic slurs.

Really was disturbing. The community might drive away new players at this rate.

Deleted
    I was on belsavis and watched a guy call all f2pers poor, lazy, and a bunch of homophobic slurs.

Really was disturbing. The community might drive away new players at this rate.
    It seems that some of them were really enjoying sharing the fleet with only 5 dudes during prime time.

Quote Originally Posted by Azanure View Post
    It seems that some of them were really enjoying sharing the fleet with only 5 dudes during prime time.
    That's actually a good point. The lack of transfers might have culled the community of social people. 3 months of 10 people per fleet would do that.

Lulz, I forgot all about the aspect of being able to sell that stuff on the GTN.

I got all excited and blew my starting Cartel Coins on the random packs. I think I have some of the moddable dancer clothes in my bag though...

I really hope you can reach max level as a f2p player though :|

I'm guessing I'd have to level with an exp buff active all the time and do every quest to have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post

I'm guessing I'd have to level with an exp buff active all the time and do every quest to have a chance.
    There's like 10 bonus series and all of Ilum that you never have to do to hit 50.

So I figure f2pers will get to experience those.

Deleted

You can, me and my friend have made it to Nar shadaa so far and shes 23(shadaa is level 21Q's) and im 24 (shes free and im not) and shes well within the level range of the quests, we've done all the quests and bonus series up to the end of Balmorra.

As long as you do your weekly allowances of flashpoints and space missions and do the bonus questlines at the end of the planets you'll level fine

the quests provided on the planets, without even doing the daily group quests will be sufficent enough to get to the next planet without being below the formentioned levels! Also you can list yourself for some warzones and flashpoints to get even more exp!

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Deleted
    Maybe I don't understand what you're talking about, but isn't the f2p limit 200k?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcorn1992 View Post
    Maybe I don't understand what you're talking about, but isn't the f2p limit 200k?
    No, it's 350k for FTP players.
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

350k I believe

I saw one unlock for 40 million...people are stupid

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    350k I believe

I saw one unlock for 40 million...people are stupid
    I think they are smart, but think everyone else is stupid. The people listing for millions are because of two things:

1) They don't understand F2P mechanics b/c they are a subscriber and have always been, so they don't know about the credit cap

2) They are trying to lure gullible suibscribers planning on leaving into wasting all their credits since they won't need them anyways.

I guarantee you that some people will have success with #2...just not from me.

Well I could understand putting it at 1 million for example, in your #2 scenario. But 40 million? Come on now.