Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    Problem is, once you create characters on a server they are blocked, even if you dont play anymore. Even for that case you dont know if the game is doing well, but really

this forum is great to see how the game is doing. Just look at the members watching the forums...at peak 100, at beginning there were 2k - 3k
    I just wonder where all the asuras that were all over the forum before launch went

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its a good game, but I dont necessarily feel like pouring tons of time into it. Since there is no sub, I felt this was a blessing to buy the game and play when I want and to buy it when I knew other games I was more interested in were coming out. My play time has little to do with payment model other than I wouldnt even own the game if it had a sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncano View Post
    Guess I had to mention that I'm a PVP player and all my friends are PVP oriented people.
    Pvp crowd is incredibly fickle. They will probably tell you that elder scrolls is gonna be awesome, convince you to buy it, and quit 2 months later.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    I think its a good game, but I dont necessarily feel like pouring tons of time into it. Since there is no sub, I felt this was a blessing to buy the game and play when I want and to buy it when I knew other games I was more interested in were coming out. My play time has little to do with payment model other than I wouldnt even own the game if it had a sub.
    That's my opinion as well. A nice mmo with good pvp and cute asuras and no subfee which makes you able to login every now and then when you got the time. Having limited gametime irl makes this a sweet game, but I cant speak for those unemployed people who breath gametime and feed on gaming during days and nights... might get boring eventually and need for extra games to play as well :P And then they should, GW2 will still be around as the other games out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Well, Elder Scrolls Online and Everquest Next look to be headed there. Nevewinter to some degree as well.

World exploration, events, dynamic grouping, public dungeons, action orientated combat w/ raiding and role trinity seems to be on tap for all 3.

I could be behind the news cycle though.
    Everything always sounds great on paper. Reality is always a let down though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Pvp crowd is incredibly fickle. They will probably tell you that elder scrolls is gonna be awesome, convince you to buy it, and quit 2 months later.
    That's because the pve people stick their noses in all the places where pvp people want to hang around, and somehow the pve players get extra priority and pvp players end up second. However the newest patch is a good pvp patch, a step in right direction and heart of the mist surely became more alive on my server. I still have hopes they can fix things, but considering how most mmos have treated their pvp players you cant really blame them for being impatient and not so understanding while hoping proper fixes will show up and pvp will be great and viable. GW2 needs a ladder system and a way to separate pugs from premades. Seems like it will take a while though, and hopefully pvp people will give them another chance if they manage to implement it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Everything always sounds great on paper. Reality is always a let down though
    I suppose that's one view of it. Though you can also have surprises or at worst incremental progression in the genre. The leap from MUDs to UO/EQ/M59 was pretty big. Transition from EQ/UO to WOW/FF11 less so but an advancement of concept(s) nonetheless. Etc, etc.

Whether people enjoy or still play GW2 is sorta unimportant to the impact it has had and it's place in the current transition of the genre. Where we are seeing similar concepts in one form or another seep in the next generation of MMOs * infinity.

10+ Year Old Account
    GW2 is a good game by all means, but im not into the current dungeons in the game, i might try FotM since i heard / read its quite good, but i have full exotic gear and only the pvp maps to finish exploration, so i've technically achieved what i want with the current char i have (Ascended gear , ugh) . I might make a alt.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because the game is boring. Theres no -real- content to it. Most people have figured it out better than others. F2P or not won't make others play more by choice, if theres nothing to do/not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethrezen View Post
    Because the game is boring. Theres no -real- content to it. Most people have figured it out better than others. F2P or not won't make others play more by choice, if theres nothing to do/not fun.
    I think what you meant to say is "there's no content that interests me in particular."

See, the difference is that you don't end up looking smug. Entitled to an opinion and all that, just need to find a way to express it that doesn't involve admonishing people who stuck around and enjoy the game for being simple minded or they didn't "figure it out."

Guys, let's not turn this into a bickerfest. It's fine to express a negative or positive view w/o namecalling, condescension and the like.

Please, be mindful of tone and take care in how you word posts.

Preemptive warning before things go off rails.

-- Fencers

people are addicted to wow. that's why it has over 2,000,000 subs. there aren't more than 2,000,000 who really enjoy playing the game and that's fine. blizz earned it and was johnny on the spot

i loved gw2. it was fun to play, amazing looking game, but for whatever reason, i haven't played it in a month. i haven't wanted to. i'm not playing wow right now either. i'm playing a heavily modded skyrim that i'm have a ton of fun with.

i don't know WHY i'm not playing gw2, i know why i'm not playing wow. i don't really know why i quit swtor, rift, etc

honestly i think it's the people. logging in with a bunch of dipshit kids who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground, who want to sit on vent and talk all day like girlfriends, that is more of what an MMO is these days than the game. the social aspect is so heavily shoved down our throats i think it turns me off.

there are more quality MMOs right now than ever

wow
    gw2
    gw
    firefall
    aion
    rift

there are undoubtedly more people playing MMOs right now than ever too, i think the way MMOs make you feel like you're missing something if you log out is the problem and makes people feel like 'whatever, what's the point in trying now, i missed that'

i dunno. MMOs in their current form just aren't great to me. i can't wait to check out ESO because while they have the tools like LFD which are useful to everyone, they're not trying to integrate your brain into the game at this point. that game reminds me of vanilla wow with "quality of life updates" right now and i personally love the way it looks/feels like skyrim/oblivion

i won't be surprised or even let down if it ends up being just another MMO as far as how it feels and how it tries to make its money on the social aspect, but someone at some point is going to break the cycle and i'll probably try every one until then

the next MMO that doesn't come in trying to make $100,000,000 will be a good one. the great ideas are all over the place, tech is great, but everyone does everything they can to maximize profit and that's NOT what made the genre popular in the beginning

10+ Year Old Account
    actually i would drop wow to play gw if my computer game me the same framerate i get on wow. same thing with tor.

60+fps bgs / raiding medium settings >>> 30fps questing on low settings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Me and my brother quit recently, one because of the patch notes balances were horrendous or just non existent entirely (2 employee's balancing, really?).
    And their whole 180 on everything said in the manifesto it seems ANet just has no clue what direction they want to take. They have basically lied about every thing at this point. It was all PR bullshit and we feel really duped so just went back to WoW. GW2 will be just another clone. I hope ESO doesn't fail the same way because this was the first game I got hyped up about and it turned out kicking me in the ass. I should have known, so I'll be more careful in the future.

Another huge problem with GW2 is its performance, the optimization is horrible.. I have a medium-end PC and it runs like total dog shit in WvW it's like watching a slide show, same with any huge events yet I can play any other game in ultra...

I suggest you all do the same :3

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post

thanks mom

Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    Problem is, once you create characters on a server they are blocked, even if you dont play anymore. Even for that case you dont know if the game is doing well, but really

this forum is great to see how the game is doing. Just look at the members watching the forums...at peak 100, at beginning there were 2k - 3k
    Rift boards only have 52, obviously that game is totally dead too!

Or perhaps it's just typical that a site who devotes almost the entirety of their news coverage to Blizzard games and WoW in particular is not the best place for GW2 info.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    thanks mom
    No problem darling, now make your bed and eat your lunch here this sammich I made you :3

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Me and my brother quit recently, one because of the patch notes balances were horrendous or just non existent entirely (2 employee's balancing, really?).
    And their whole 180 on everything said in the manifesto it seems ANet just has no clue what direction they want to take. They have basically lied about every thing at this point. It was all PR bullshit and we feel really duped so just went back to WoW. GW2 will be just another clone. I hope ESO doesn't fail the same way because this was the first game I got hyped up about and it turned out kicking me in the ass. I should have known, so I'll be more careful in the future.

Another huge problem with GW2 is its performance, the optimization is horrible.. I have a medium-end PC and it runs like total dog shit in WvW it's like watching a slide show, same with any huge events yet I can play any other game in ultra...

Personal problems. Thanks for the tip though.

I bought it a few weeks after release, played it a couple of weeks, and I haven't touched it untill a week ago, and I really enjoy it.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

People are way too picky. I can't even tell you how many times I've seen someone describe exactly what Rift offers, for example, but if you suggest it they'll say, "I don't like the art style. I don't like the combat. The story didn't grip me." etc. The same is true about any MMO, really. Sorry, but no game has come out yet where you can have everything exactly the way you want it.

Personally, I think GW2 has done a great job so far catering to people like myself who don't care for standard MMO end game. It's actually really annoying to see people whine and complain that GW2 needs to be like other MMOs. I mean, if you really want to raid, gear/rep grind, do dailies, etc. for your "content" then I can point you in the direction of a dozen other MMOs, GW2 doesn't need that BS too.