Black Friday deals for the UK? - GPU/HDD/RAM

Hey all basically what the title says, i've been waiting for black friday to get the items i've decided to get because of the mmo community.

I am looking for

GTX 660/660TI depending on deal...
    1TB HDD for Fraps, 7200rpm
    RAM i want to get 16 gb 1600 for my Mobo (P8Z77-V LX) (95 3570k cpu)

I noticed Newegg had a sale on, yet not for the UK, same with tigers direct. Amazon does advertise black friday yet, i find no deals for anything i want.

Anyone have any good sites for computing within the uk for black friday?

The UK does not have Black Friday, does it?

10+ Year Old Account
    They have Black Friday now in Europe/UK?
    What you celebrating there? Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving, which is an American history bound event.. You celebrating that you finally got rid of them? lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    They have Black Friday now in Europe/UK?
    What you celebrating there? Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving, which is an American history bound event.. You celebrating that you finally got rid of them? lmao
    Wouldn't be far from the truth :P

Anywho, I do not know of any British stores, online or otherwise, that do "black friday" sales.

Deleted
    black friday sales are one of them very few things i envy from the USA to not have here in europe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Wouldn't be far from the truth :P
    Why do you think I asked the question? lol

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 11:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    black friday sales are one of them very few things i envy from the USA to not have here in europe.
    You don't have to envy that. Europe has the same thing, But instead of one day Europe has weeks and twice a year actually.
    Well at least Germany has. One month before the end of Winter, and one month before the end of Summer the large clearance sales.
    you get seasonal stuff dirt cheap and new seasonal stuff for the upcoming season dramatically reduced at introduction prices as well.

What I do envy however are the tax free days many states have.
    USA has no VAT. Sales tax is state subject and many states incl Iowa where I live have one day of the year where there's no sales tax.
    That's a nice junk of savings when you shop on that day.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2012-11-20 at 05:35 PM.

Deleted
    well lots of sales going on here but that is not electronics related. (or the stuff is quite dated home entertainment)
    QQ 2% more tax on everything since october here.
    too bad i live to far from the border to go cheap shopping in germany. (the sad part is that the product was actually brought their through our harbor but ends up cheaper further away )

Online stores that do it which deliver to the UK is what i'm on about. Amazon do but the setup for it is weird lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    well lots of sales going on here but that is not electronics related. (or the stuff is quite dated home entertainment)
    QQ 2% more tax on everything since october here.
    too bad i live to far from the border to go cheap shopping in germany. (the sad part is that the product was actually brought their through our harbor but ends up cheaper further away )
    you sure it didn't get there through Hamburg?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    you sure it didn't get there through Hamburg?
    hamburg tonnage kinda pales compared to rotterdam so it should be more likely to come from the netherlands. (last year 60% of shipping cargo from rotterdam went to germany iirc)

either way wants awesome PC hardware deals here instead of the other side of the big blue

I don't think Black Friday sales would work in the UK, everyone would just be too polite. Whereas in the states - these days are about knocking people over to get that last Toy - or cutting in line to get ahead. Storming into our Walmarts trampling the greeting employee to death -> look this up if you don't believe me, last year greeter was killed by the people fighting to get into the walmart first.

Plus this day has lost all of its meaning anyhow - most "sales" and "deals" only apply to the first 10 people that get to the store at 3-4 am (i guess now midnight the night before). That's why you see those crazy lines of people waiting for the deal like 26 hours before they are available.

Deleted
    even if only on-line it would be a huge gain already, also uk is known for quite expensive hardware taxes.

Looks like Amazon have a few bits, http://www.amazon.co.uk/discounts-of...rd_i=350613011

On reflection some of these offers look to be the work of price hike for a price cut. Some of these products you can find cheaper at normal price on other sites. As always PCPartpicker is normally the best place to find the prices of different parts.
    Last edited by Fluffygong; 2012-11-20 at 11:06 PM.