Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

I was thinking of resubing

But i learned they plan to add the new race the Cathar as Cartel points exclusive, even subscribers will have to pay for it. This is totally BS in my opinion. It killed my entire reason of returning to this game.

What do you think about this ?

Deleted
    I think its a crappy decision, as i think its sets a bad precendence, e.g lets put in a new popular race and charge the earth.

But i dont mind too much as i can still buy the race through my monthly stipend of credits if i so wish and how happy/unhappy i am on that will be how much the race costs, if its one months stipend or less (<500) i'll be fine, if its over a month of stipend currency i'll be annoyed.

As for the Cathar race in particular, im not bothered as, i dont really care for the race at all.

Now if it was a race like the Weequay, Togruta, Trandoshan, Kel Dor i'd probably be a bit more bothered about it being CC shop only.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Do you have a source for that?
    http://dulfy.net/2012/11/16/swtor-f2...mion-schubert/

here is the interview where its mentioned.

it says "most likely"

6. During the livestream Q&A hosted before 1.4, it was mentioned that Cathar would be the first race available through Cartel Market. Will this be a Cartel Market exclusive or subscribers can unlock it via other means?

This will most likely be a Cartel Market exclusive. However, its price point will be reasonable, and subscribers wishing not to pay for it will have the option of storing up the Cartel Coins they earn for free through the Loyalty Program.

7. With regards to Makeb/Level cap increase and other stuff mentioned in E3 of this year, has the FTP launch affected the release timing of these new content? Is there an approximate date when we can expect the release of these?

The Free to Play option and Cartel Market were built by an entirely different team, in order to ensure the Makeb team remained completely focused on their target date. We definitely have a date in mind, and there should be news about that coming soon!

seems promising tho

Ah... something I have been saying a lot... /sigh

Wow...just wow...It's like they're actively doing everything they can to piss off subscribers and free players. I don't get any of the rationale beyond moves like this other than, "We want money."

The fact that they're even considering locking subscribers out of any content (read, actual content, not just cosmetic stuff. I count a new race as content, as that's something far more important than a fabulous purple robe) they produce by making it a cash shop exclusive is disgusting.

They are also thinking of charging for makeb as well.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

you're not really being locked out. you get cartel points monthly as a subscriber. you won't have to pay, just wait long enough to save up points. it'll probably be like 800 or something

Quote Originally Posted by gnomergon View Post
    you're not really being locked out. you get cartel points monthly as a subscriber. you won't have to pay, just wait long enough to save up points. it'll probably be like 800 or something
    The point of awarding subscribers CC's is to allow them to impulse buy on things from time to time. Not hold them hostage with it so that they feel the need to horde them lest they be unable to "purchase" new content that didn't come with the subscription without paying additional money.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gnomergon View Post
    ...You do realize that is still paying right? Cartel Coins are supposed to be a bonus to a subscription, not a middle man to get content.

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 01:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    The point of awarding subscribers CC's is to allow them to impulse buy on things from time to time. Not hold them hostage with it so that they feel the need to horde them lest they be unable to "purchase" new content that didn't come with the subscription without paying additional money.
    Unfortunately it seems, like I predicted, that the point of awarding them CC's is a petty attempt at placation for the oncoming storm of requiring them to support the game financially on their backs. Sure we'll give you free coins, but we'll make sure there's more than 500CC worth of things you *really* need in this game. Sure it's arguable that you don't *need* a new race, but this is just the first step.

Soon it will be a new daily area like Section X is only bought with Coins, Makeb - Only with coins, coins, coins coins. Oh but you get 500 free, so generous. That's the same stupid mentality that has people falling for seasonal sales at department/clothing stores. They mark everything up by $10, then tell you everything is 50% off, which amounts to the items being more expensive than they were before the sale, but you think you are getting a deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point are you really surprised that EA isn't offering a fair F2P model? Are you really expecting better from this company who has received the golden PooPoo?

The sad part is when people start voting with their wallet EA is just going to shut the game down. They wont try and fix or correct, they will cut their losses and move on which is sorta how I feel they have treated SWTOR as early as 2 months post launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they might be taking the concept of a "theme park" literally. You pay an entrance fee (sub), but you still have to buy tickets (cartel coins) to ride the rides. I can't say I'm surprised. I wouldn't doubt that EA, which already considers SWTOR a failure, is testing out different ways to monetize online games and seeing how the public reacts vs. ways it can generate profit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    At this point are you really surprised that EA isn't offering a fair F2P model? Are you really expecting better from this company who has received the golden PooPoo?

The sad part is when people start voting with their wallet EA is just going to shut the game down. They wont try and fix or correct, they will cut their losses and move on which is sorta how I feel they have treated SWTOR as early as 2 months post launch.
    I was expecting to milk premium players aka prefered status, and not subs since they already pay monthly fee for their freaking game.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they charge me for content when I'm paying a subscription... I think that is when I will stop playing. This is not because I dislike the game- this is all based on principle. I don't know what else I would play but I refuse to give EA a single penny if they're just out to rip off even their subscriber base.

Deleted
    BW tried to justify charging for Makeb (which they were/are thinking about doing) as Makeb is a huge chunk of content. I hated reading that but I could kinda see their point. What is the rationale for charging subs now for the simple Cathar addition? A subscription was supposed to cover 'content'. Have they already decided to backtrack on that statement?

Not too sure I'd even create a new Cathar toon but the principle of subscribers having to pay extra for new content is a sickening one. I get that things change but can they go just 3 months without going back on every single thing they promise?

Excuse the tone and speckles of exageration but I'm fuming about this
    Last edited by mmoc3d23c7f243; 2012-11-20 at 10:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way I see it is - If Makeb offers a new level cap (therefore new endgame) then I will be fine with paying for it since it would be no different than an expansion. However, if it offers no more than a new daily area and some class stories I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    The way I see it is - If Makeb offers a new level cap (therefore new endgame) then I will be fine with paying for it since it would be no different than an expansion. However, if it offers no more than a new daily area and some class stories I'm done.
    Makeb would also have to be huge to be defined as an expansion, and thus justified in charging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Makeb would also have to be huge to be defined as an expansion, and thus justified in charging.
    Well, if there is new leveling and it was all done on Makeb, I'm sure the size of Makeb will be very large. Think of Northrend in WoW or Pandaria.

Deleted
    Well, if there is new leveling and it was all done on Makeb, I'm sure the size of Makeb will be very large. Think of Northrend in WoW or Pandaria.
    Not necessarily. Think of TOR. Alderaan is a nice planet that gives you 4 levels worth of content. Now, would you consider an 'Alderaan' enough to be considered an expansion? I wouldn't.
    Last edited by mmoc3d23c7f243; 2012-11-20 at 11:06 PM.

That certainly would be nice...