[MW] Wind Lord Mel'Jarak

Maiden post

Anyway, for the more experienced Mistweavers on this board--I would like to ask whether it is safe to fistweave on this boss? Since ranged DPS will probably be too spread out for SCK to really have decent throughput, and also because I don't like to rely on SCK/ReM/EH alone to generate chi--jab is a nice instant chi generator for me--I want to try fistweaving on my first attempt. I do not however, want to end up trapping all the melee in amber casing. Any suggestions to avoid this? And also, it it possible to achieve decent throughput by healing from range, assuming ranged DPS are spread out? It strikes me that without that using SCK to generate chi from range will NOT be effective in this fight.

Deleted
    Create an aura for the debuff, roll out and win game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TabRas View Post
    Maiden post

Anyway, for the more experienced Mistweavers on this board--I would like to ask whether it is safe to fistweave on this boss? Since ranged DPS will probably be too spread out for SCK to really have decent throughput, and also because I don't like to rely on SCK/ReM/EH alone to generate chi--jab is a nice instant chi generator for me--I want to try fistweaving on my first attempt. I do not however, want to end up trapping all the melee in amber casing. Any suggestions to avoid this? And also, it it possible to achieve decent throughput by healing from range, assuming ranged DPS are spread out? It strikes me that without that using SCK to generate chi from range will NOT be effective in this fight.
    Completely safe to heal from melee, because we are considered melee for every raid mechanic. You need to be carefull about traping everyone in amber though, just run from melee range when you get amber prison debuff (You have like 5 secs before debuff turns to prison). Also, once adds are down, pay attention to blade he throws away, so you dont get hit twice by that. As melee, you cant have Wind Bomb placed on you, so thats one less thing to keep eye on. Once adds are down, boss gets 100% dmg debuff (Im assuming you are talking about normal mode anyway), so its very profitable to just heal through DPS rotation, while spreading Renewing via Thunder Focus Tea and using Uplift for every Rain of Blade.
    Last edited by mmoc16a8f9d66b; 2012-11-20 at 06:35 PM.

You can heal from anywhere you like, no reason not to be in the melee. SCK is good for them anyway.

Yes, you'll have to deal with amber prison, but so does all of the melee. Reaction time is the only answer, for any of you.

You should be standing with melee unless there's a specific reason not to. Things like PBAOE silences are obnoxious (though you can Eminence heal through silence effects, useful to know about though not exactly something to plan around), or major damage mechanics like the Will dance. But, somehow, the rogues figure out how to manage, so you just do what they do.

This boss is one of the best boss to fistweave. +33, 66, and eventually 100% damage on the boss means your Eminence heals for much more. Xuen cleaving the pack also does a lot of Eminence healing.

If you have DBM, make sure you turn on yell when you have amber prison and your chat bubble turn on. You'll know immediately when you are about to get trapped and move so you don't trap the melee.

Deleted
    you can just step out of melee when you get amber prison as other posters have rightly noted. during the final phase make sure the RL knows you're healing from melee otherwise he'll stand you at ranged making your job alot harder.

I can tell you that as a melee, I hate having people in there who can actually stay out. Nontheless, like other's have said, it's fine as long as you actually go out, but trap us and we'll have your head.